Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. (13715 Views)

Free And Compulsory Education Should Not Be Abolished In Our Country / Why The Federal College Of Education Should Be Situated At Ikirun Town - Osun / Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by raphieMontella: 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
op, I whole heartedly agree...

it's useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Sultty(m): 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
OYO is ur name. Op na only u follow come on this

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by mayowa1111: 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
I don't blame the op because you do not knw the important of education in developing a country.

The important of COE in education system can not be over emphasis.

They are well train on how to teach than BS.Ed holder

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by shigoslim(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
Myopic thinking.
NCE is where real teaching of education were been thought.
I suggest government to make it four years program, after that they should be allowed to go for NYSC , peradventure proceed for Master program.
They should scrap faculty of education in all our university and base their focus on NCE to develop, training and producing the best teacher in our society.

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Mouthgag: 5:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
Sannisege:
According to the OP, since there are faculty of Engineering in Universities, then technical colleges should be scrapped. Myopic thinking
Shut up
You lack it...!

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Femijohn198: 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
buhari your president did not have any of these qualifications.the best is just to have it and pray to God to answer prayers.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Sikay19(m): 5:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
[i][/i] I agree, college of education is a complete waste of time and resources especially this time that teachers are no more valued
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
mayowa1111:
I don't blame the op because you do not knw the important of education in developing a country.

The important of COE in education system can not be over emphasis.

They are well train on how to teach than BS.Ed holder
over emphasized. weel trained. your gbagaun tok much. COE, Poly should be scrapped. better go for your BED and co, do not rely on NCE alone
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by qanda: 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
Really
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by TheManOfTheYear: 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
Sannisege:
According to the OP, since there are faculty of Engineering in Universities, then technical colleges should be scrapped. Myopic thinking
How does engineering and technical studies relate?
I'll wait
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by dabsebi(m): 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
I think it would be better of if the faculty of Education is removed from universities and all COEs be given the mandate to issue b.ed certificate after 5 year a of study..

Education is a professional course... it would be nice to see our future teachers having special preference.

just my view...

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Kirinwa: 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
RexTramadol1:
Scrap ke

Do u know the criteria for entering university

COE is just like a succor to aver.......

Yeeeh! Who slap me?

You are right. NCE allows the average students to have a taste of higher institution. If it is scrapped, some people may not enter university and that is true too.

If university takes 200 in Jamb, Nce can manage 120- 150.
Someone rightly said its the minimum requirement for teaching in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
You should have simply called for total scrapping of the educational system, because if we look at it properly, they all have their faults.

I think the ideal thing should be restructuring and monitoring of the said institutions.

They all have their usefulness.

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by seunlayi(m): 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
germanized:
Well, most of them are already working in collaboration with universities to run degree programmes. Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education is a typical example, they run degree programs in collabo with Ekiti State University.

The error is in education planning in Nigeria. OND and HND combined takes just 2 years in the UK, in Nigeria, it's 5 years plus NYSC making 6 years. After graduation, discrimination everywhere.

Left to me, I'd say OND and HND combined should not be more than 3 years, while NCE should not be more than 2 years. That way, people will still find it easy to utilize their lives well and not waste their youth on tertiary education till they're 40 years.

The ministry of education is filled with clueless and unexposed individuals. Our education sector needs serious reforms.

They could be upgraded to award degrees, but to scrap them would be a collosal waste.

My advice for any young person is to "ja pa" when you hear NCE or HND. The discrimination is wicked.

You've said it all. Yes, most schools now admit student and they ll eventually came out with B.ed.

Those that I think to be careful now are those going into polytechnic for ND and Hnd. They should stop ignoring the handwritten on the wall. They should fleeeee

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Joshek2020: 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
Sannisege:
it's truly a myopic idea ..... Because most graduates of education who does not pass through COE can not compare their level of experience they have acquired at course of their training .......
Better still you can conduct a mini research.....
Find out from people who had acquired NCE before proceeding to the university .. Their level of academic performance and their performance in terms of practical teaching.....
The results of your findings will be in total contrast with your opinion.......
Because I'm a living witness..
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Tomkay2011: 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
College of Education has her purpose for the establishment, in view of this, it should not be scraped. Just that proper monitoring and ensure its been run according to her purpose.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by olas24u(f): 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
I think it should not be scrapped,they are meant to be equal to graduates because they have specialized training,and special skills of training people ,they should copy from singapore.

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2019
TeeBabss:
It shouldn't.
Many teachers graduated from College of Education, and this is the minimum requirement to take a professional teaching job in Nigeria.

Also they employ a lot of 'new guys' who want to lecture in unis later in future.
In short, u can gain lecturing experience from College of Edus, or be managing and still running your masters
I agree with you on the last paragraph. Many lecturers lack teaching skills that is why many of their students are failing. Instead of them to be sad they make jest of the situation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Revolva(m): 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
Biingoo:
Before una scrap am make una wait small make my smallie graduate. Make my money no waste biko

.When they tired of hoeing they start selling wigs on Facebook

Na Instagram dem don full pass hahahaha
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by tosinet(m): 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
germanized:
Well, most of them are already working in collaboration with universities to run degree programmes. Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education is a typical example, they run degree programs in collabo with Ekiti State University.

The error is in education planning in Nigeria. OND and HND combined takes just 2 years in the UK, in Nigeria, it's 5 years plus NYSC making 6 years. After graduation, discrimination everywhere.

Left to me, I'd say OND and HND combined should not be more than 3 years, while NCE should not be more than 2 years. That way, people will still find it easy to utilize their lives well and not waste their youth on tertiary education till they're 40 years.

The ministry of education is filled with clueless and unexposed individuals. Our education sector needs serious reforms.

They could be upgraded to award degrees, but to scrap them would be a collosal waste.

My advice for any young person is to "ja pa" when you hear NCE or HND. The discrimination is wicked.

A possible solution may be for technical schools to produce artisans,technicians while polytechnic should produce technologists... course duration should not be more than 2-3 years.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Oseh1Gidigba: 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2019
No try it at all. That is how you tell them to scrapped teacher training college. Now you see the level of our teachers in the schools to day. Very poor.

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Grupo(m): 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2019
Even polytechnics should be scrapped too.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by mechanics(m): 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
It should not be scrapped, not everybody have the means for university education.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by lonelydora: 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
Sadiqali24:
Since there is faculty of education in the university, and for the fact that an NCE holder will still have to spend another three years in the university to obtain a degree in education, I think its high time the Nigerian government scrapped COE. whose with me on this?

I support this 100%.
Alvan Ikoku COE is the reason why so many 'ashawo' is everywhere in Owerri.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Biingoo: 6:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
Revolva:

Na Instagram dem don full pass hahahaha
Dem dey here too. At least I know two. NwanyiAwkaetiti and Victorian
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Johnboom: 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2019
Sadiqali24:
Since there is faculty of education in the university, and for the fact that an NCE holder will still have to spend another three years in the university to obtain a degree in education, I think its high time the Nigerian government scrapped COE. whose with me on this?

Therefore since there is faculty of Engineering in University all Engineering courses in Polytechnic should be scrapped. Mumu post.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Revolva(m): 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2019
Biingoo:
Dem dey here too. At least I know two. NwanyiAwkaetiti and Victorian

Na dem full instamesanger app
I don give up for naija gals long time
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Biingoo: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2019
Revolva:

Na dem full instamesanger app
I don give up for naija gals long time
OH you do instmesage? One of my cousin see him gf for there fear catch am. Her status was "hookup only"
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Sadiqali24(m): 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
I'm an NCE holder, I studied math/physics. Currently a 300l student. I have passed through those hardship and I know what I'm saying,
a person will spend three years to obtain an NCE, there again spend another 3 years to complete his degree, it is very frustrating.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WTF Facts : Funny, Interesting And Weird Facts! / Problems And Solutions Of Nigeria / 7 Great Ways To Spend ASUU Strike Or Any Holiday Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.