Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. (13710 Views)

Free And Compulsory Education Should Not Be Abolished In Our Country / Why The Federal College Of Education Should Be Situated At Ikirun Town - Osun / Why Sex Education Should Be Taught In Nigerian Secondary Schools – SFH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by tosyne2much(m): 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2019
Education is already close to its death in Nigeria.. Today, polytechnics should be scrapped, tomorrow, COE should be scrapped even though the almighty university we want everybody to attend is nothing to write home about
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Sadiqali24(m): 8:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
Johnboom:
Therefore since there is faculty of Engineering in University all Engineering courses in Polytechnic should be scrapped. Mumu post.
prof. u could have bring reasons why it should not be scrapped and not resulting in insult. we are one
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by akaahs(m): 8:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
germanized:
Well, most of them are already working in collaboration with universities to run degree programmes. Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education is a typical example, they run degree programs in collabo with Ekiti State University.

The error is in education planning in Nigeria. OND and HND combined takes just 2 years in the UK, in Nigeria, it's 5 years plus NYSC making 6 years. After graduation, discrimination everywhere.

Left to me, I'd say OND and HND combined should not be more than 3 years, while NCE should not be more than 2 years. That way, people will still find it easy to utilize their lives well and not waste their youth on tertiary education till they're 40 years.

The ministry of education is filled with clueless and unexposed individuals. Our education sector needs serious reforms.

They could be upgraded to award degrees, but to scrap them would be a collosal waste.

My advice for any young person is to "ja pa" when you hear NCE or HND. The discrimination is wicked.
Good point. Even my perceived enemy i ll never advice to go for OND or HND because d stress nd discrimination after graduation is something else. Just imagine spending 7yrs doing OND + HND +PGD to equate a degree

1 Like

Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Deepthoughts: 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
Sadiqali24:
Since there is faculty of education in the university, and for the fact that an NCE holder will still have to spend another three years in the university to obtain a degree in education, I think its high time the Nigerian government scrapped COE. whose with me on this?

I will rather prefer such colleges like those of educated, Agric n the likes should be given the authority to award first degrees only in their various areas of specialty,let the polytechnic also be converted to General colleges to award certificates up to first degrees only,A commission for Nigerian colleges CNC should be establish to set the standard n regulates the colleges,the universities should continue to award first degrees also n exclusively have the right to award pgd, masters n PhD.this way the pressure on the universities will be reduced n educational opportunities will be open up.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Sadiqali24(m): 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2019
Deepthoughts:
I will rather prefer such colleges like those of educated, Agric n the likes should be given the authority to award first degrees only in their various areas of specialty,let the polytechnic also be converted to General colleges to award certificates up to first degrees only,A commission for Nigerian colleges CNC should be establish to set the standard n regulates the colleges,the universities should continue to award first degrees also n exclusively have the right to award pgd, masters n PhD.this way the pressure on the universities will be reduced n educational opportunities will be open up.
thanks for your opinion.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
Biingoo:
Dem dey here too. At least I know two. NwanyiAwkaetiti and Victorian
Cry me a river. One day your eye go clear, continue trolling eh. Until I read Quran for ur head u go sabi
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Johnboom: 11:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Sadiqali24:
prof. u could have bring reasons why it should not be scrapped and not resulting in insult. we are one
There target audience is different. College of education are well grounded to teach basic elementary pupils . They do more teaching practice than most education students in university.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Biingoo: 6:31am On Mar 07, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Cry me a river. One day your eye go clear, continue trolling eh. Until I read Quran for ur head u go sabi
Read quoran ke? You a head slammer b***h
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 6:41am On Mar 07, 2019
Biingoo:
Read quoran ke? You a head slammer b***h
You'll know with time.
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Zikachat(m): 6:45am On Mar 07, 2019
[quote author=germanized post=76407072]Well, most of them are already working in collaboration with universities to run degree programmes. Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education is a typical example, they run degree programs in collabo with Ekiti State University.

The error is in education planning in Nigeria. OND and HND combined takes just 2 years in the UK, in Nigeria, it's 5 years plus NYSC making 6 years. After graduation, discrimination everywhere.

Left to me, I'd say OND and HND combined should not be more than 3 years, while NCE should not be more than 2 years. That way, people will still find it easy to utilize their lives well and not waste their youth on tertiary education till they're 40 years.

The ministry of education is filled with clueless and unexposed individuals. Our education sector needs serious reforms.

They could be upgraded to award degrees, but to scrap them would be a collosal waste.

My advice for any young person is to "ja pa" plz what do you mean by ja pa
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Biingoo: 6:45am On Mar 07, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
You'll know with time.
You dey vex? You know say you be my person. Despite say you dey Bleep up big time
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Zikachat(m): 6:47am On Mar 07, 2019
so base on the op generators should be scraped since we gat PHCN
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Vincent6423: 8:11am On Mar 07, 2019
las las school na scam
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Revolva(m): 8:25am On Mar 07, 2019
Biingoo:
OH you do instmesage? One of my cousin see him gf for there fear catch am. Her status was "hookup only"

Hahahhaaah he eyes don open say almost all naija gals na olosho hahaha I de laugh some guys wey de keep serious relationship when dem never ready to marry hahahaha

Abeg try get his GF name on instamesanger make I track her control.her bang her brain out

Naija gals are not worth it
Re: College Of Education Should Be Scrapped. by Skydweller(m): 8:30am On Mar 07, 2019
As NCE and degree holder, I suffice to say that I have seen the two institutions. One shouldn't be scrapped at the expense of the other. NCE holders make a better teacher. Teaching rudiments and practices are well attended to in colleges of education than they were at the Universities. Faculty of education in most universities are a shamble.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chevron Scholarship For 200 Level Nigerian Students / No Light: UNN Medical Students Embark On A Peaceful Protest (Pictures) / Cultism In Nigerian Schools: Causes, Consequences, And Prevention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.