Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,633 members, 7,958,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:46 AM

Find Your Missing Or Stolen Android Device - Find My Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Find Your Missing Or Stolen Android Device - Find My Device (236 Views)

How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone / 7 Reasons Why I Uninstalled WhatsApp From My Device, And You Should Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Find Your Missing Or Stolen Android Device - Find My Device by royalic(m): 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
Before talking about finding your missing or stole device, let's talk about Find My Device app

Find My Device
Find my device app is an Android app developed by Google to help user find their missing or stolen Android devices. And this is enhanced by showing the location, battery percentage and some other info of the missing device.

Features Of 'Find My Device' App
1. Secure Device

The 'secure device' feature will allow users to lock the missing device from the Find My Device app. This will prevent access to files and info stored in the missing device. It will also restrict activities done to it.
Users will also be able to add a message which will be displayed on the screen of the device after it is locked. Messages contact owner's contact address is advised to be added, in order to enable quick retrieval of the missing device.

2. Play Sound
Also, on the Find My Device app is the 'play sound' feature. When users are close to the missing, this feature will allow them to ring the phone so as to get the exact location of the phone. The 'play sound' feature will make the phone sound at the highest volume, even in silent mode.

3. Erase Device
This feature will erase all the files and data on the device. In case the device is not within close range, erase device feature will help to clear the device app data totally, it will erase everything on the device to avoid access to important files.

How To Find Your Missing Or Stolen Device With 'Find My Device' App

READ MORE HERE

(1) (Reply)

"Scatter File" Please For Infinix Hot 2 Model X510 / . / Iphone 5 Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.