Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,973 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Ford Fusion Steering Stiff - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Fusion Steering Stiff (795 Views)

Lexus GS350 Stiff Steering Wheel / Is The 2013 Ford Fusion A Good Car To Buy / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Fusion Steering Stiff by manitoba(m): 8:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
I just brought in this Ford Fusion for sale .

It was parked for few months while trying to make some decisions on it's sales.

I tried to drive it last week to check it's readiness for sale and I found out the steering is always stiff but gets normal later.

The stiffness is mostly at low accelerations(turning a corner or at Ignition start).

I have taken it to auto workshop with The ATF oil replaced, bleeding of Oil Pump done and other things but the problem still persists.

Though immediately I depress the throttle, the steering always softens and work normal.

The mechanic said it will get normal if I use it regularly but I don't like using my cars that are for sale.

Experts in the house should tell me the solution.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Ford Fusion Steering Stiff by donsola(m): 8:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
Steering rack or steering pump. Have both checked
Re: Ford Fusion Steering Stiff by Larryfest(m): 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
Steering rack should be around 20k or so but if it's the steering pump that should be lesser than that...
Re: Ford Fusion Steering Stiff by sultaan(m): 10:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
What model year.

What is the level of the fluid

Why mess with the atf because it uses a different type that is not readily available to in market mercon lv changed every 30 k miles after 100 k miles

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot 206 Radio Problems / Do-you-know-the-symptoms-of-too-much-transmission Fluid / Toyota Sienna Mechanic Needed At Aba, Around Osisioma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.