Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate (1704 Views)

Court Sacks Governor Umahi As Ebonyi South APC Senatorial Candidate / Court Of Appeal Sacks Gada's APC Faction, Affirms Senator Wamakko's Faction / Court Of Appeal Sacks Alhassan Doguwa, House Of Reps Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by senatordave1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
The Court of Appeal sitting in Lagos on Wednesday granted an Order which replaces Ben Ayade of the PDP with Emmanuel Ibeshi as candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Cross River State.

The panel of three Judges headed by M.M. Amadi ordered that the PDP does not have the constitutional powers to withdraw Ibeshi’s rights to vote and be voted for, and hence Ayade was not a candidate on the premise that he did not contest primaries.

The three judges in the panel unanimously agreed on that in suit No CA/C/52/2019.

The judge also went further to pronounce that candidate from the list submitted by PDP National Working Committee (NWC) should not be recognized by INEC.

Responding to the order, counsel to Governor Ayade and others, Farouk Liman said “I am disappointed with the order of court but it is in the interest of justice and our party has agreed to expeditiously handle the matter and bring the substantive matter to an end.”

Also responding, Counsel to Ibeshi, Boni James SAN said, “the PDP did not follow due process before disqualifying Emmanuel Ibeshi. And therefore he is the substantive flag bearer of the PDP.”
Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by amaniro: 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2019
How authentic is this?
Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by senatordave1(m): 10:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
amaniro:
How authentic is this?
Saw it on fb,not sure.
Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by chozzy: 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
Fake News

Fake News

Fake News

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by peeps4u: 11:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
senatordave1:

Saw it on fb,not sure.

You should be smarter than this. The previous sacks by courts were carried by Facebook and not reputable media outlet?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by senatordave1(m): 11:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
peeps4u:

You should be smarter than this. The previous sacks by courts were carried by Facebook and not reputable media outlet?
I thought i could get better confirmation from here.the rumor is everywhere,no one is sure of anything.
Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by ngadaAwo: 11:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
[s]
senatordave1:

Oh,thats your second moniker ?
[/s]
you don't know anything boy

read my signature
keeping nairaland clean is my task

i have a life to come and be creating multiple ids
so I'll advice you to get yours too

kiss the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:04am On Mar 07, 2019
[s]
senatordave1:
The Court of Appeal sitting in Lagos on Wednesday granted an Order which replaces Ben Ayade of the PDP with Emmanuel Ibeshi as candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Cross River State.

The panel of three Judges headed by M.M. Amadi ordered that the PDP does not have the constitutional powers to withdraw Ibeshi’s rights to vote and be voted for, and hence Ayade was not a candidate on the premise that he did not contest primaries.

The three judges in the panel unanimously agreed on that in suit No CA/C/52/2019.

The judge also went further to pronounce that candidate from the list submitted by PDP National Working Committee (NWC) should not be recognized by INEC.

Responding to the order, counsel to Governor Ayade and others, Farouk Liman said “I am disappointed with the order of court but it is in the interest of justice and our party has agreed to expeditiously handle the matter and bring the substantive matter to an end.”

Also responding, Counsel to Ibeshi, Boni James SAN said, “the PDP did not follow due process before disqualifying Emmanuel Ibeshi. And therefore he is the substantive flag bearer of the PDP.”
[/s]

Report of Appeal Court sacking Ayade is fake news- Aide

The Chief Press Secretary to Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State, Mr Christian Ita, has described as fake news, reports trending on social media claiming the governor has been sacked by Appeal Court in Lagos as the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Saturday’s election.
Ita, in a statement issued on Wednesday said there was no such pending matter in the Appeal Court.
He maintained that the case instituted in a Federal High Court in Abuja by Mr Emmanuel Ibeshi was discontinued when he filed a legitimate notice of discontinuance and as such never went on appeal.
The report, he said, is the handiwork of political opponents who have been dazed by the reality that the governor’s re-election bid was a fait acompli.
The statement therefore, urged members of the public and the governor’s teeming supporters to disregard the fake report.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by senatordave1(m): 12:06am On Mar 07, 2019
ngadaAwo:
[s][/s]
you don't know anything boy

read my signature
keeping nairaland clean is my task

i have a life to come and be creating multiple ids
so I'll advice you to get yours too

kiss the truth
Please leave my thread.away.bye.
Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by senatordave1(m): 12:09am On Mar 07, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

The Chief Press Secretary to Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State, Mr Christian Ita, has described as fake news, reports trending on social media claiming the governor has been sacked by Appeal Court in Lagos as the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Saturday’s election.
Ita, in a statement issued on Wednesday said there was no such pending matter in the Appeal Court.
He maintained that the case instituted in a Federal High Court in Abuja by Mr Emmanuel Ibeshi was discontinued when he filed a legitimate notice of discontinuance and as such never went on appeal.
The report, he said, is the handiwork of political opponents who have been dazed by the reality that the governor’s re-election bid was a fait acompli.
The statement therefore, urged members of the public and the governor’s teeming supporters to disregard the fake report.
Oh,my failed governor has hired you abi na freelancing? By the way cancelling other people comments is childis
Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by senatordave1(m): 12:09am On Mar 07, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

Oh,my failed governor has hired you abi na freelancing? By the way cancelling other people comments is childish
Re: Breaking News;court Of Appeal Sacks Governor Ayade As Pdp Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:14am On Mar 07, 2019
senatordave1:

Oh,my failed governor has hired you abi na freelancing? By the way cancelling other people comments is childish
who hired who

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does Nigeria Mean To You By Natasha Akpoti / Togolese Officials Allegedly Disgraced During Their Recent Visit To France / Nigeria, Chad Agree To Sustain Tempo Over Boko Haram’s Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.