Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (21198 Views)

Where Is Jimi Agbaje / Is Jimi Agbaje Really Broke? See Their Facebook Ad... / Who Is Jimi Agbaje's Deputy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by seguno2: 10:34am On Mar 07, 2019
ocelot2006:
This post represent the worst of our politics as it intends to stirr up ethnic tensions in a state while at the same time push most Yorubas in Lagos state against the candidate if the main opposition party in the state. Simply pathetic.

You understand the game.
It is however more pathetic that Jimi Agbaje and PDP allow themselves to be played like this.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 07, 2019
sucess001:
i know this is a sponsored post but even then your point should have some sense.

How has he made it ethnic based. truth is that APC knows more igbos will vote for Agbaje that their puppet hence they have been threatening igbos.

if he says there are lots of igbos to give them an oba status...why not?

he is more open to igbos...that doesnt mean its tribal politics.

O to ge!!!

Lagos will rather burn to ashes than to see an igbo become an oba in lagos ... its not una fault anyway, u people are only taking advantage of the fact that yorubas like every other tribe but hate themselves ,they will stop @ nothing to pull each other down.
i can imagine igbos trying these in any part of north, even abuja wey be capital

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 10:40am On Mar 07, 2019
deepwater:
Stop igniting this media war and hate against NDI IGBO!

I would rather advise you treat them as "Lagosians" instead, as they are in all ramifications

In chemistry, the law of definite proportion, sometimes called Proust's law or the law of definite composition, or law of constant composition states that a given chemical compound (Ndi Igbo) always contains its component elements in fixed ratio by mass (by vote) and does not depend on its source (Abia,Enugu,Ebonyi,Anambra,Imo) and method of preparation (PDP or APC).

In the words of Joseph Priestley, and Antoine Lavoisier

We shall conclude by deducing from these experiments (2019 election) the principle we have established at the commencement of this memoir (election campaign), viz. that iron (Ndi Igbo) like many other metals (ethnic groups) is subject to the law of nature which presides at every true combination, that is to say, that it unites with two constant proportions of oxygen. In this respect it does not differ from tin(Hausas), mercury(Fulanis), and lead(Yorubas), and, in a word, almost every known combustible (ethnic group).

Kindly stop pointing those accusing fingers of yours towards a successful tribe, stop hating them.

OP you actually need a high level of stoichiometry in your life!
I ask again,are u from marine kingdom ? Abeg change your moniker. Thank you !
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by thatigboman: 10:43am On Mar 07, 2019
ericsmith:

Go and listen to his campaigns before 2011 , compared to 2015 ... campaign should be a generalised statement , that way no one is left out.
one thing i observe about pdp is they structure there campaign as if it all about igbo ... pdp campaign is more or less a magnization concepts, i am glad there failure is on repeat mode.
There is no point arguing with e warriors, there ogas already know wassup ..these governorship election will decide the fate of igbos in lagos..
can u expatiate on the bolded please?
And let me tell you, no matter your response, take it from me upfront. Not even a thousand elections can decide the fate of igbos anywhere on earth, not to talk of small lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by fredoooooo: 10:46am On Mar 07, 2019
He's free to relocate alwaibom or Abia after election... and lagoon is also free ..

Eko a sanwa sire..... Sanwo eko
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Muscomide: 10:46am On Mar 07, 2019
I'm Yoruba but if there's anyone playing the ethnicity card, it is Tinubu and the Lagos APC. Trying to stoke up Yorubas to see this governorship election as a battle between them and the Igbo is most irresponsible. The APC administration in Lagos under Ambode messed up and the APC should not be rewarded with another four years. The so-called development witnessed in Lagos under Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode is a mirage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by oginnade: 10:48am On Mar 07, 2019
the igbo's are always in political contradiction with yorubas. So what gives the igbos the gut to decide who will run affairs in their non native origin? Going by it, even if my anointed candidate do not match the two, it's glaring igbos keep playing politics of tribalism and acclaiming dominance, A complete nonsense and shame to bastards among yorubas followers. As for agbaje, he's another afonja to yoruba race and himself & cohorts will be used to salvage the yoruba race soonest.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 07, 2019
InsiderPost:

Jimi does not live in Ikeja, he stays at Apapa

Learn how to read and reason line by line, I said House J not his house.
House J is a popular place in Ikeja

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by blackboy(m): 10:51am On Mar 07, 2019
It is only an APC supporter who will talk like that. PDP since 1999 has traditionally been a national party as in cutting across all tribes , regions and religion unlike other parties.
North and East 90% PDP. AD , ACN etc where mainly Yoruba or Northern parties.
JK is using the advantage of PDP to get non indigenes votes not getting a clash. APC is just scared

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2019
Balkan:
The truth is that the last election was full of rigging for Buhari in Lagos State . Igbos in Lagos are more than 5 million. If 2 millions come to vote for PDP that means APC is gone.

Igbos will win up to 7 seats in Lagos Assembly come Saturday.

Our vote will be the decider. I am happy that most lgbo guy are relocating to Lagos everyday to stay and establish. While Yorubas are moving out towards Ogun state due to high cost of rent.

PDP will win on Sat.
This is point blank, hitting the hammer on the nail, obvious and irreversible fact nobody can dispute no matter how hard he/she tries. Not only staying in Lagos for the sake of it but heavily investing in Lagos, facts no one can deny not even the devil.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 07, 2019
thatigboman:
Lies from the pit of hell.
the battle of supremacy between igbos and yorubas in lagos had existed long before Jimi Agbaje started contesting for elections.
Op, share the link of your claim that Jimi Agbaje promised to elevate Eze Igbo Lagos to Oba.
And you all know Igbo doesnt vote APC. so every election cycle, you make Agbaje the scapegoat.
Is it Agbaje that asked tinubu to ask thugs to destroy polling materials in igbo dominated areas in Lagos where PDP was given 98% votes?
Is it Agbaje that asked tinubu to present a gbagada general hospital mental patient as APC gubernatorial candidate?
Jimi Agbaje is running a pure issue-based campaign and we igbos support him 100%.

No one is asking the igbos not to support agbaje 200% , going by history failure is guaranteed.
same stupid that made atiku neglect his people & was running after igbos vote will soon land agbaje were he belongs. one would av thot they we learn one or two things from the presidential election but they've gotten so use to failure

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by NkayStory(f): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2019
Inferirity complex were Igbos are concerned is the problem with Yorubas..

You lots are the divisive ones here,Jimi Agbaje simply implores Igbos to vote for him without calling you guys out..

But eternally pained and bitter souls amongst you goes into severe epileptic fits at the mention of Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by rottennaija(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2019
nairavsdollars:
In the history of Lagos politics, no politician has ran a divisive, ethnic-based and tribalistic campaign like Jimi Agbaje, governorship candidate of the PDP.

When Jimi Agbaje contested the 2007 governorship election under the defunct Democratic Peoples Allliance (DPA), he ran a very robust, issue-based campaign which was acceptable to all Lagosians.

Fast forward to 2015, Jimi Agbaje began a campaign of calumny which seeks to knock the heads of Yorubas living in Lagos against non-indigenes, especially our Igbo brothers from South- East. His promise to elevate Eze Ndigbo to the status of Oba of Lagos greatly angered Oba Rilwan Akiolu, making him to utter the notorious 'perish in the Lagoon' comment?

Now Agbaje as the PDP governorship candidate is running the same campaign again which has pitched Igbos living in Lagos against Yoruba. We say enough is enough.

Yeyesewa of Lagos

Because he is PDP and that's what PDP has known for

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by LeFreakSoChic(f): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2019
It's because our people from the East are easily patronised, emotionally.
Just say what they want to hear and watch them support you all the way, even if you had wrong them woefully in the past.
Take FFK for example, who'd have thunk they would be full of praises for him these past years after all the vitriol he's thrown their way?
Just tell them what they need to hear and we are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by obindomanya(m): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Nobody can intimidate Igbos in Lagos. We will vote for our choice
vote sanwo olu, vote APC
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by allthingsgood: 11:01am On Mar 07, 2019
Ojiofor:

Didn't Tinubu and APC appeal to same Igbos to vote for them?
You guys hate Jimmy Agbaje because he is a Liberal and not a Yoruba bigot like Tinubu and his supporters.

so even if Tinubu did it, how does that make it right
smh
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by sweetrace(f): 11:02am On Mar 07, 2019
WIZGUY69:
Because that's the only way to ganer thousands of votes.. Without doing that, only his family members will vote him.
Besides, it's not politics of tribalism, it's politics of ibos grin

I’m not ibo nor a member of his family, and yet I will rather vote for him than Tinubu. Yes, I know you’ll say Tinubu is not a candidate in this years gubernatorial elections. But I know that Tinubu has at no time stopped being the real governor of Lagos state.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 07, 2019
pchukwudi:
Mynd44, Seun, Lalasticlala, on what basis was this false, defamatory, sectional, hateful and tribal headline/content moved to the front page 48 hours to gubernatorial election?

I get it, you guys (or maybe one of your staff) got bribed (or bullied?) to bend Nairaland rules. Alright.

But, Seun, I get it again. I know you think that you don't believe in God. You assume that you are the master of your own destiny. But, be well aware that you will always reap what you sow. One way or the other.

Why are you this pained over an election Lagos? What's your business?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by allthingsgood: 11:02am On Mar 07, 2019
KANUISALIVE:

Na una de raise dust any small thing una go call Igbo undecided

am not the OP
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by carbon1224(m): 11:03am On Mar 07, 2019
If indeed people on this tread read what you wrote and they apply the same to there heads then we will have a better country. Thank you for this. It’s not about the tribe but good governance

God bless you .

Dee60:

It is indeed quite sad that at this point in our history those who have benefited so much from the system now want to destroy it before they exit.

Many of these politicians went to secondary schools sponsored by missionaries where they got the best of education for next to nothing, unlike now that you pay through your nose to even send your ward to primary school.

They attended universities in those days of heavily subsidised university education where they paid next to nothing for accommodation and for feeding due to heavy subsidies, and when tuition was free. They even schooled abroad at the expense of the federal government.

In their days, you are guaranteed a job once you graduate, and you got a car within a year or two.

Their generation did not talk tribe. Yorubas were in Federal Government College, Kaura Namoda and Sokoto and Igbos were in Government College, Odogbolu. They ate and played soccer together and no one spoke about tribe.

Now they are rich and old, and they want to scatter the table by inciting one tribe against the other.

I wish that our youth can be discerning and shun those who try to divide the nation, just for their own good.

Agreed, the other party in Lagos need to be curbed of their excesses, but the people should not just scuttle the progress the state has currently, until there is a better proposition, apart from tribal jingles.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by SuperIgbo1(m): 11:03am On Mar 07, 2019
Balkan:
The truth is that the last election was full of rigging for Buhari in Lagos State . Igbos in Lagos are more than 5 million. If 2 millions come to vote for PDP that means APC is gone.

Igbos will win up to 7 seats in Lagos Assembly come Saturday.

Our vote will be the decider. I am happy that most lgbo guy are relocating to Lagos everyday to stay and establish. While Yorubas are moving out towards Ogun state due to high cost of rent.

PDP will win on Sat.

While Igbos are relocating to Lagos, Yorubas moving to their origin in Ile ife.

By 2035, there would be no yoruba left in Lagos.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by 9jauk: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2019
Lagosians are simply fed-up of politicising using tribal cards between Apc and Pdp, the only credible alternative is Babatunde Gbadamosi of Action Democratic Party ADP we are casting votes in Millions across Lagos on Saturday for this charismatic gentleman BOG.

1 Share

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by ivolt: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2019
@OP, point to any verifiable source where Jimi Agbaje used tribalism in politics.
Remember that "People X, please vote for me" is not tribalistic.
Every Lagos aspirant has done the same while campaigning even donning ethnic attires while
campaigning.

Mynd44 should close this thread for lie-based ethnic baiting.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by pchukwudi: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2019
God bless you. The madness did not start today. The template Tinibu is using today (under the APC govt) against Jimi was actually designed and handed down by the late Akintola.

He (as a puppet of the then Northern led federal government under Belewa) institutionalized anti-igbo rhetorics in the Yoruba land just to oust Awolowo.

But while Akintola succeeded (by crook) in ousting Awolowo in the scheme of leadership, many Yoruba's did not buy his crap. That's exactly the template the Tinubu gang (under APC) is using against Agbaje (and Ndigbo) today. But Tinibu and APC too will fail. Thank God for the honest Yoruba folks like you.

Muscomide:
I'm Yoruba but if there's anyone playing the ethnicity card, it is Tinubu and the Lagos APC. Trying to stoke up Yorubas to see this governorship election as a battle between them and the Igbo is most irresponsible. The APC administration in Lagos under Ambode messed up and should not be rewarded with another four years. The so-called development witnessed in Lagos under Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode is a mirage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2019
sweetrace:

I’m not ibo nor a member of his family, and yet I will rather vote for him than Tinubu. Yes, I know you’ll say Tinubu is not a candidate in this years gubernatorial elections. But I know that Tinubu has at no time stopped being the real governor of Lagos state.

You mean you will vote for Bode George instead of Tinubu.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by farem: 11:05am On Mar 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

I don't think Jimmy Agbaje is running an ethnic based campaign. Appealing to Igbos to vote for him does not mean ethnic based.

So elevating some money-miss-road to the level of Oba is issue-based?
Hian!
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by sweetrace(f): 11:06am On Mar 07, 2019
schoolboij:

You mean you will vote for Bode George instead of Tinubu.

Nope! I mean I will rather vote for Jimi Agbaje. He has no puppeteer pulling on his strings.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by afroxyz: 11:07am On Mar 07, 2019
OP, God bless you and your generation. Igbo people have been going about their affairs and causing no harm.in Lagos. some have even been beneficiary's of the political system. People such as Joe Igbokwe have even been SSG. it was a Jimi Agbaje, a yoruba man that brought tribalism into Lagos state politics. Now the yorubas are accusing us for what their brother did? Is this not the height of injustice?
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2019
pchukwudi:
God bless you. The madness did not start today. The template Tinibu is using today (under the APC govt) against Jimi was actually designed and handed down by the late Akintola.

He (as a puppet of the then Northern led federal government under Belewa) institutionalized anti-igbo rhetorics in the Yoruba land just to oust Awolowo.

But while Akintola succeeded (by crook) in ousting Awolowo in the scheme of leadership, many Yoruba's did not buy his crap. That's exactly the template the Tinubu gang (under APC) is using against Agbaje (and Ndigbo) today. But Tinibu and APC too will fail. Thank God for the honest Yoruba folks like you.

But balewas govt was igbo and hausa govt. While Awo was pro Yoruba. How do you reconcile the contradiction?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Ayomosix(m): 11:08am On Mar 07, 2019
Afam4eva:

BAsed on the same premise, do you think Buhari has what it takes to rule Nigeria judging the fact that he has never run a successful business in his life.
E go better for u, u no go run mad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Departs For France On A 3 Day Official Visit (Photos) / Why President Buhari Did Not Want Governors To Visit Him In London / How Nanle Dariye Laundered N1.5 Billion – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.