Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Where Is Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Jimi Agbaje (937 Views)

Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? / Is Jimi Agbaje Really Broke? See Their Facebook Ad... / Who Is Jimi Agbaje's Deputy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Jimi Agbaje by GCFRin2034: 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Why didn’t LP field him for the guber position ?

Don’t get me wrong , I have nothing against the guber ambition of Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes. Infact if he was contesting for Senate or HOR , I would’ve campaigned for him. But come on guys , can he really handle Lagos state ?

Politics everywhere is complicated but Nigeria politics is a different type of complicated. Different from America or Canada type of complicated. This fine boy GRV seems to me to be too clean, sophisticated and straightforward to play the dirty game needed in a cosmopolitan mega city like Lagos. Even if he wins , how will govern the state successfully ? Will the legislature work with him if he doesn’t share money ? He will have a major task of instilling confidence and trust in all the stakeholders before the state can move forward. And depending on who controls the federal government, it might be a Herculean task. Though I know his family name and fathers influence will help with that but still ….

I know that the ethics of Labour Party revolves around the uplifting of the common man . This is the ethos of Labour Party anywhere in the world . It’s supposed to be party of the working class , the platform where anybody irrespective of status or lineage can make it.

Neither Jimi nor GRV aptly fits the working class description above but I think JK is slightly more of a self-made person than GRV who’s relying a little on his family name and connections (however little) . JK has also been active in the trade unions for decades.

And this is why I feel LP should’ve wooed JK or any astute leader from any of the trade unions with working class roots.

Modified: having said all this , I still respect GRV for his courage, bravery and the openly forthright stance he has taken on how he will dismantle institutionalized corruption and state-sanctioned thuggery in the state.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2023
Jimi Agbaje, has retired from active politics

GCFRin2034:
Why didn’t LP field him for the guber position ?

Don’t get me wrong , I have nothing against the guber ambition of Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes. Infact if he was contesting for Senate or HOR , I would’ve campaigned for him. But come on guys , can he really handle Lagos state ?

Politics everywhere is complicated but Nigeria politics is a different type of complicated. Different from America or Canada type of complicated. This fine boy GRV seems to me to be too clean, sophisticated and straightforward to play the dirty game needed in a cosmopolitan mega city like Lagos. Even if he wins , how will govern the state successfully ? Will the legislature work with him if he doesn’t share money ? He will have a major task of instilling confidence and trust in all the stakeholders before the state can move forward. And depending on who controls the federal government, it might be a Herculean task. Though I know his family name and fathers influence will help with that but still ….

I know that the ethics of Labour Party revolves around the uplifting of the common man . This is the ethos of Labour Party anywhere in the world . It’s supposed to be party of the working class , the platform where anybody irrespective of status or lineage can make it.

Neither Jimi nor GRV aptly fits the working class description above but I think JK is slightly more of a self-made person than GRV who’s relying a little on his family name and connections (however little) . JK has also been active in the trade unions for decades.

And this is why I feel LP should’ve wooed JK or any astute leader from any of the trade unions with working class roots.

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
Vote your choice.

You don't have to pontificate.

Vote the candidate you think is capable and leave the analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by Acidosis(m): 8:32pm On Mar 06, 2023
How did Tinubu manage to convince Lagosians that only his anointed candidate from his party can rule or lead Lagos state?

What's the population of Lagos state civil servants?

Do you think every worker in Lagos takes orders from Sanwo-Olu or his appointees?

We have more federal government workers in Lagos than state government workers. And everyone is doing their job.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by GratefulSoul27(m): 8:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
This write up portrays one of the dirty mentality we need to purge out of our system
You suddenly judging someone base on looks?
With all the experience buhari had what has he achieved? You need to support all these new faces in our political circle to bring the needed change not the same old gays

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by GCFRin2034: 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
GratefulSoul27:
This write up portrays one of the dirty mentality we need to purge out of our system
You suddenly judging someone base on looks?
With all the experience buhari had what has he achieved? You need to support all these new faces in our political circle to bring the needed change not the same old gays

I’m not judging based on looks my guy. I’ve checked his resume. I’m not campaigning for APC. Anyway you have a point. But I also made a few points that’s open for debate as well
Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by GCFRin2034: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
topcatking:
Vote your choice.

You don't have to pontificate.

Vote the candidate you think is capable and leave the analysis.

I know.
I just like to have a back-and-forth simple and and honest debate/analysis once in a while.

Unfortunately I haven’t been seeing enough of that on nairaland . I only see tribalism, bigotry and fighting everywhere . People can’t even have a reasonable political debate anymore.
Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by abobote: 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
Don't try to demoralise voters here.
Jimi Agbaje would have rejected Labour party's ticket, even if they beg him, people underrated Labour party and even laughed at them.
What about Ambode?

4 Likes

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by GCFRin2034: 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
abobote:
Don't try to demoralise voters here.
Jimi Agbaje would have rejected Labour party's ticket, even if they beg him, people underrated Labour party and even laughed at them.
What about Ambode?

Honestly not my intention to demoralize anyone. I was throwing up a debatable topic in the air and was expecting a detailed counter argument . It’s what I do in my free time to engage intellectual minds.

You have a point tho.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by raskymonojendor: 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
Chilling in his house.
Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
Some of you have never been in any leadership position. This is not manual labor. This is all about enacting and executing policies.

Anyone can rule a state stop looking down on yourself. You will only fail if you aren't disciplined.
Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 06, 2023
GCFRin2034:

I know.
I just like to have a back-and-forth simple and and honest debate/analysis once in a while.

Unfortunately I haven’t been seeing enough of that on nairaland . I only see tribalism, bigotry and fighting everywhere . People can’t even have a reasonable political debate anymore.

Nairaland is too far gone for reasonable political discourse.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by AdaojoTheUrchin: 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
GCFRin2034:

I’m not judging based on looks my guy. I’ve checked his resume. I’m not campaigning for APC. Anyway you have a point. But I also made a few points that’s open for debate as well

You are Thiefnubuu urchin, stop hiding and come out with your full chest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by babyfaceafrica: 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thanksful:
Some of you have never been in any leadership position. This is not manual labor. This is all about enacting and executing policies.

Anyone can rule a state stop looking down on yourself. You will only fail if you aren't disciplined.

This isn't true though. Not anyone has leadership skills
Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by GCFRin2034: 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

You are Thiefnubuu urchin, stop hiding and come out with your full chest.

Hehe calm down
What kind of name is Adaojo ? I’ve never heard it before .
Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by NoToPile: 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thanksful:

@bolded Ahan Nawa for some of you people ooo.

Like any body can rule a state right?
Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

This isn't true though. Not anyone has leadership skills

Says who?
Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by chamboi1: 1:24am On Mar 07, 2023
Jimi is BAT'S friend and Gbadebo's father is BAT'S person too.

Lagos Elite just dey look una dey play.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 07, 2023
GCFRin2034:

His resume way better than Buhari's resume and APC accepted Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

INEC Bows To Pressure, Grants Peter Obi’s Lawyers Access To Inspect BVAS / Tinubu Asks Nigerians For Prayers And Thanksgiving To Mark His 71st Birthday / If Peter Obi Was The Governor Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.