Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! (7169 Views)

Daar Communications Presents Card To Buhari (Photos) / Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. / Watch Ait Now!!! Massive Crowd At PDP Kano State Governorship Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by Kx: 10:33am On Sep 01, 2010
Dopkesi is a business man.AIT,RAYPOWER & DAARSAT are his "business" tools.
He is free to support whoever he deems fit apparently for business reasons.

It is your vote that counts (if they ever count ur vote sha), not who Dokpesi supports.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by omojand: 10:43am On Sep 01, 2010
The Nigerian media has become a veritable, willing tool in the perpetuation of mediocrity. They are a major part of the Nigerian problem. Dokpesi is not alone. He is no different from most Nigerian Newspaper publishers who put money above everything else. Unless the people rise up and demand a paradigm shift, even my grandchildren may not meet a better Nigerian.

The only tool I have at my disposal in fighting mis-information and propaganda is boycott and I intend to exercise that right!
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by smoothine: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2010
@chosen04 or whatever you call yaself, its like you are dillusional. I am not against dokpesi taking any job with ibb neither am i against ibb contesting but i have a right to boycott ait and also a right to canvass for the boycott of ait,if you dont like it start your own campaign of supporting ibb or ait.
democracy means equal rights not lopsided rights fool.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by icare1: 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2010
SMOOTHINE - it is true that you have a right to say that AIT should be boycotted and others should join you- freedom of speech and your right must be respected ,however the right of every Nigerian to freedom of association must also be respected.h
He who comes to equity must come with clean hand.Judging other is no clean.form is deferrent from substance.DOKPESI was one of those fighting for south south president in the days of Obasanjo.so respect his choice, he has a right to chose , you have a right to vote.

Instead of campaigning for boycott be wise and campaign for your choice of president
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by Solomon227(m): 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ I care
THERE IS NO MILITARY MAN THAT DO NOT KILL .THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE TRAINED FOR WHICH THEY KNOW HOW TO DO VERY WELL.IF I LIED STEP ON THE TOES OF ANY ARMY.NO MILITARY PRESIDENT THAT DID NOT SHED BLOOD INFACT THE BLOOD OF JONATHAN AND IBB IS NO EXCEPTION

Stop comparing IBB to all other evil Nigerians like OBJ or the present day politicians. IBB is in a class of his own when it comes to looting, killing, maiming and dishonesty. He killed without remorse, he has no apology for killing his best friend when it was not even established he was part of any coup, He killed Dele Giwa and murdered 100s of young officers. This is a Beast!

When Dokpesi came begging for our N50, N100 through Abbs. Segun Olusola I personally gave N100 inspite of my student status because I beleived his station was always saying d thruth. But for him to now campaign for the Public enemy Number 1 is a big disgrace and I bet he is going to regret this for life. There will be back-lash and Lagosians are going to deal with him. He has started feeling d heat already as the S-S peoples Assembly of which he is a chairman are already planning to remove him.

IBB is a leper no right-thinking person will want to b identified with.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by chosen04(f): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2010
i care:

SMOOTHINE - it is true that you have a right to say that AIT should be boycotted and others should join you- freedom of speech and your right must be respected ,however the right of every Nigerian to freedom of association must also be respected.h
He who comes to equity must come with clean hand.Judging other is no clean.form is deferrent from substance.DOKPESI was one of those fighting for south south president in the days of Obasanjo.so respect his choice, he has a right to chose , you have a right to vote.

Instead of campaigning for boycott be wise and campaign for your choice of president

@ I care

Thanks for educating that lost soul with the bolded statement . . . . . . .
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by JUO(m): 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2010
show me your friends i will tell who u are. if u have not stopped watching ait before now, before stop now because they are campaigning for the devil.
oh! June 12
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by chosen04(f): 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2010
OMO IBO:

Aswerigad, you must be a dunderhead.
Threadstarter, like every other concerned citizen makes a comment (rational or irrational)and then you proceed to making reference to Fox news and CBS.
Your comparism is flawed because a presidential aspirant cannot/has no power to ban a or any media outfit.
Had you compared Obama, an aspiring president to IBB/Dokpesi then you may have made some sense

What is this mumu comparing? I didnt compare anything or any body for your information . . . . .

I only asked Threadstarter, It means he would have closed down Fox news and CBS for broadcasting items that present him in bad light to the people? since he was advocating boycotting of AIT programmes just cos her Chairman is rooting for IBB.

Pls go and get a life . . .
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by jiniux(m): 4:21pm On Sep 01, 2010
I see no reason why the poster should be castigated, he has just expressed his opinion and hope like mind will follow suit, what he has said is also part of his rights and duties to ensure a better and greater Nigeria.

Interestingly, i said this same thing to some group of friends on sunday, am boycotting all AIT to show my support against the candidacy of IBB and the support by dokpesi. Not that am at the least surprised by his action, they are of a feather and they must flock together.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by MyJoe: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2010
I will vote for a goat before voting for IBB, but that is not the issue here. Mr Dokpesi has a right to support IBB or any candidate of his choice. Op also has the right to cancel subscription to businesses owned by Mr Dokpesi's as a political statement. That is a non-violent, constitutional, proper way of expressing himself and there is nothing irrational about it.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by tithe(m): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2010
[size=18pt]Please you guys should stop making this thing angry Popular he is not worth discussed, this is the second thread formed on this Thing.[/size]
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by femmy2010(m): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2010
Dokpesi is different from AIT/RAYPOWER.[b][/b]
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2010
IF U love Nigeria boycott AIT, RAYPOWER, DAARSAT, Those who support Evil are Evil themselves, Naomi received diamond gift from charles tailor and its haunting her now, why?, IBB and Dakposi are evil ppl, the man who reduce nigerians to beggers want to come back and IDIOTS are supporting him,
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by Ibomade1: 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2010
Wonders shall never end.Dopkpesi Backing IBB this is surely an all time low.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by segunjowo(m): 6:25pm On Sep 01, 2010
With AIT, IBB is begining to propagate his evil mind on Nigerian, what a mess? cool cheesy grin shocked
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by IgboGirl(f): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2010
Some of you are ridiculous and may be suffering from alzheimer! Why attack the creator of the thread when he has every reason to suggest the boycott of AIT? Everyone and their mother including those that weren't born when IBB was in power know the evil things IBB did to Nigeria.

If you want to support IBB and attack those who suggest not to then go right ahead and Nigeria will forever be doomed. People like some of you are the reason why Nigeria can never move forward.

I am definitely looking forward to the day that country will divide, it's been predicted and it will surely happen! I refuse to share a country with people who detest honesty and progress.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by drnonye(m): 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ Chosen04, 1st i feel u r very rude and verbally abusive . it may b a reflection of your level of exposure and education .

back to the topic.   i think it is wrong 4 any media house 2 openly support a particular candidate over the rest. u may argue that a good number of the candidates r corrupt. however,   the media should give  people the opportunity to decide who 2 vote in2 office.  

just becos FOX news is anti - Obama , that doesnt mean they r right.  media houses should b honest and not partial.  

when AIT was  heavily in  debt, just like many other Nigerians, i paid in some money into their account.  if i knew they would turn around 2 play polities, i would never have wasted my money.

For the fact Nigerians ultimately play cool at the end of the day, that doesnt mean we r fools.
God being on our side, things can only get better.

I SUPPORT A BOYCOT OF  Daar Communications (AIT). the only problem is,  if we all do this ,  they lose income and jobs may b lost.  The best option is not taking his words serious. we could hear Raymond speak, but try not 2 listen to anything he says.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
Kx:

Dopkesi is a business man.AIT,RAYPOWER & DAARSAT are his "business" tools.
He is free to support whoever he deems fit apparently for business reasons.

It is your vote that counts (if they ever count your vote sha), not who Dokpesi supports.

Right there! right there!! Nigerians hyperventilate at the slightest change in weather, maybe for lack of nothing else to do. If you know what your vote means and the true meaning of Democracy, Get up and VOTE make it count and don't do like the ones who vote because they need to eat a loaf of bread today and suffer hunger the rest of their lives. VOTE and make it count
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2010
chosen04:

What is this mumu comparing? I didnt compare anything or any body for your information . . . . .

I only asked Threadstarter, It means he would have closed down Fox news and CBS for broadcasting items that present him in bad light to the people? since he was advocating boycotting of AIT programmes just cos her Chairman is rooting for IBB.

Damn it!
You don't get it do you??

Poster made reference to boycotting AIT/Dokpesi because of his support for IBB. . . .a presidential aspirant

In your response you made reference to Obama . . . .a sitting president

2 completely different positions with varying powers.
Geddit?
If you don't then it explains your level of intuitiveness and comprehension.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by snowdrops(m): 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2010
chosen04:

you are the one that need a life as your currently seem miserable and sordid.
the point here is not about having a different view from everybody else, its about the person of IBB. he is evil, cruel, heartless dictator. someone strongly implicated in various crimes including murder.
anyone canvassing for this low life to return and ruin what is left of Nigeria should be chained at the bottom of the atlantic ocean preferably with ibb.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by Ikengawo: 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2010
whats the point of election if everybody will support your prefered candidate?

whats the point of supporting something you don't support?

if the man doesn't want to support anyone supporting ibb he's perfectly justified, it's call democracy.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by snowdrops(m): 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2010
Ikengawo:

whats the point of supporting something you don't support?

if the man doesn't want to support anyone supporting ibb he's perfectly justified, it's call democracy.
Likewise its called democracy when people boycott his station.
Power to the people.

ALUTA CONTINUA
VICTORIA ACERTA
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by x2lambo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2010
NIGERIA IS ON FIRE , BABAGINDA OR NO BABAGINDA THEY IS NO LEADERS IN NIGERIA AND PDP CANT EVEN GIVE US A LEADER THEY ARE ALL BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER , WEST EAST NORTH AND SOUTH , PDP IS A FAILURE
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by andyanders: 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2010
@chosen04

IF YOU ARE SUPPORTING DOKPESI AND IBB, YOU MUST BE AN EVIL PERSON, I AM NOT A POLITICIAN AND WILL NOT BE ONE. WE HAVE NOT STARTED TRUE DEMOCARY IN NIGERIA. PEOPLE THERE NOW ARE ALL EVIL MEN. WHY JONATHAN IS THERE IS BECAUSE OF DEVINE PROCESS. IF OBJ KNEW THAT JONATHAN WILL BE THERE AS PRESIDENT, HE WOULDN'T HAVE SUPPORTED. I AM AN IBO MAN, NOT YORUBA OR AUCHI OR NIGER, WHERE DOKPESI AND IBB ARE FROM. WHAT HAS IBB GOT TO GIVE NIGERIA AGAIN? ANYBODY ROMANCING WITH IBB, MAYBE, THEY WANT TO EXTORT MONEY FROM HIM OR WANTS TO DECEIVE HIM. THERE MUST BE AN INTERIOR MOTIVE. IF IBB RULES NIGERIA AGAIN IN HIS LIVE, THEN  SOMETHING WENT WRONG SOMEWHERE. EVEN GOD WILL NOT APPROVE HIS COMING IN AS PRESIDENT IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM. IBB AND DOKPESI, A GAME PLAN. WHO IS F, LING WHO?
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by chosen04(f): 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2010
chosen04:

You are a very big disgrace to rational thinking! (No pun intended)

drnonye:

@ Chosen04, 1st i feel u r very rude and verbally abusive . it may b a reflection of your level of exposure and education .

@Drnonye,

Its unfortunate that you will not see and read where i wrote that no insults, Verbally abuse or pun was intended in my very 1st post every OMO IBO & co started throwing insults

If you level of exposure and education cannot help you to comprehend b/4 commenting then am sorry  . . . . .

drnonye:

back to the topic.   i think it is wrong 4 any media house 2 openly support a particular candidate over the rest. u may argue that a good number of the candidates r corrupt. however,   the media should give  people the opportunity to decide who 2 vote in2 office.    

Its a known infact that media house all over the world endorse candiadates of their choice during election campaigns, especially private stations

drnonye:

just becos FOX news is anti - Obama , that doesnt mean they r right.  media houses should b honest and not partial.  

So if Obama is not advocating boycotting of Fox news why is this threadstarter doing so against AIT?
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by drnonye(m): 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2010
IBB MUST REALLY THINK NIGERIANS R STUPID .

PEOPLE SAY HE IS A VERY SMART GUY. I DO A LOT OF READING AND AFTER GOING TROUGH EVENS SURROUNDING IBB, ITS OBVIOUS THE GUY WASNT SMART. HE WAS JUST BRUTAL, SELFISH , MYOPIC AND PLAIN STUPID .  

OFCOS, IF ANY1 BELIEVES IBB WAS GOOD 2 NIGERIA, THEN, BY ALL MEANS VOTE 4 HIM.  

4 ME, I WILL NEVER NEVER VOTE 4 HIM.

GEORGE BUSH ONCE SAID,, ' FOOL ME ONCE , SHAME ON U .  FOOL ME TWICE , SHAME ON ME'.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by omojand: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2010
Get up and VOTE make it count and don't do like the ones who vote because they need to eat a loaf of bread today and suffer hunger the rest of their lives. VOTE and make it count

We must remember that ours is far from being a model democratic system.  Most times, results are 'agreed' long before a single vote is cast (courtsy of the same rogues that are the subject of this thread). The time to act is neither during or after election day, but long BEFORE.  We need to send a strong message of intent, dissent and disapproval long before D-Day
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by chosen04(f): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2010
andyanders:

@chosen04

[i][b][color=#006600]IF YOU ARE SUPPORTING DOKPESI AND IBB, YOU MUST BE AN EVIL PERSON, I AM NOT A POLITICIAN AND WILL NOT BE ONE. WE HAVE NOT STARTED TRUE DEMOCARY IN NIGERIA. PEOPLE THERE NOW ARE ALL EVIL MEN. WHY JONATHAN IS THERE IS BECAUSE OF DEVINE PROCESS. IF OBJ KNEW THAT JONATHAN WILL BE THERE AS PRESIDENT,

I dont support IBB and will not even vote for him. But the threadstarter has no reasons to sell the Idea of not allowing opposing Voices in an election to us. Some of us are wiser than that. Its a good omen for the growth of our civil rule (Not democracy cos we are not practising it now)
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by drnonye(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ CHOSEN04,  seriously i dont care abt u . all i am interested in is your view on the topic.

so if what i said got u angry, i apologize. that wasnt the intention.

lets argue like civil people and focus more on the topic.

i didnt get what u were trying to say when u said  , 'So if Obama is not advocating boycotting of Fox news why is this threadstarter doing so against AIT?'  

does Obama dictate what we do ?    it is not rocket science. MEDIA HOUSES SHOULD BE INVOLVED IN POLITIES  BECOS THE MASSES DEPEND ON THEM FOR CORRECT AND HONEST INFORMATION TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE. IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS PRIVATE OR GOVERNMENT OWNED.
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by bignaija(m): 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2010
ibb is better than jonathan then or ,
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by chosen04(f): 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2010
drnonye:

@ CHOSEN04,  seriously i dont care abt u . all i am interested in is your view on the topic.

Are you high on something?

drnonye:

@ CHOSEN04,  seriously i dont care abt u (1) . all i am interested in is your view on the topic.

so if what i said got u angry, i apologize. that wasnt the intention (2).

Is bolded (1) and (2) from same person? That is the Irony of Nairaland!

drnonye:

i didnt get what u were trying to say when u said  , 'So if Obama is not advocating boycotting of Fox news why is this threadstarter doing so against AIT?'  

It means in developed democracy opposing voices are allowed and not boycotted. Electorates only care about the policies and programmes of the candidates . . . . . . .OBama as used in that statement presents the WHOLE of people not favoured by fox news reports, especially his supporters

drnonye:

does Obama dictate what we do ?    it is not rocket science.

OBAMA does not dictate to us. Thats why i cant fathom why threadstarter is trying to dictate to us by conjoining us to accept his opinion.

drnonye:

MEDIA HOUSES SHOULD BE INVOLVED IN POLITIES  BECOS THE MASSES DEPEND ON THEM FOR CORRECT AND HONEST INFORMATION TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE. IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS PRIVATE OR GOVERNMENT OWNED.

Its obvious you dont understand how media houses operates. Whether you like it or not media houses or always be sympathic to a particular individual(s) or cause(s). . . . . .Its obvious you are yet to notice that PUNCH newspaper will never report anything negative abt . . . . . . . .?
Re: Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! by drnonye(m): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ CHOSEN 04, u r being realist here and i respect that .

i am trying 2 b factual . what is wrong is wrong. come on 2 openly support a candidate is pushing it.

just curious , who did CNN support in the USA election? who did SKY, BBC support in the UK election?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Handsome Dude Gov Okorocha Appointed As Chief Of Staff / Explosive:Fayose Releases USA Court Document That Indicted Buhari's Wife- Pix / Let Buhari, Atiku, Others Undergo Mental Health Tests Before Elections –CUPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.