Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri (2837 Views)

Here's The Full Response Of Peter Obi When The Post From Reno Was Asked Him / Obidients See Finishing From Reno / Latest Updates From Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 12:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
Reno is a best-selling Author.

I just saw his work on Ijebus and quickly connect the dots.

Below is a little glimpse from the work.

A lot of Ijebus believe that they are the original owners of Jerusalem and migrated from Sudan after the conquest of Jebu land by King David who gave the conquered territory a Hebrew name.

While Yorubas believe that they descended from Oduduwa, the Jebus don't believe they descended from Oduduwa, even the King of Ijebus

According to Reno Omokri, Ijebus are not originally Yorubas, in fact, he stated there was no word like Yoruba before the 18th Century.

You can read a summary of Reno's work here

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/the-ijebu-the-yoruba-and-their-influence-on-the-bible-and-judaism-reno/

If this is true, then we are right to say Lagos is not a Yoruba state going by the fact that some almost half of Lagos are Ijebu land and the other half, Aworis and the Aworis don't see themselves as Yoruba.

According to Prince Adebiyi, a Prince of Awori, Lagos belongs to the Aworis and not Bini or Yoruba that Bini only produces the Oba.

https://thecitizenng.com/lagos-belongs-to-awori-not-bini-or-yoruba-prince-adebiyi/

Professor Imran, another Awori noble but from noble family collaborated this submission.

He claimed like Prince Adebiyi that Aworis owe Lagos land while Bini produces the Oba who pays tribute to the Oba of Bini till the 18th Century when the British stopped that to undermine the authority of the Oba of Bini.

Another interesting thing he said is that most streets in Lagos are either Awori names or a combination of Awori and Bini names like Idunmota.

He equally stated that the Oba is from Bini while the Chiefs are Aworis.

https://punchng.com/awori-own-lagos-land-bini-produce-oba-prof-smith/

From these, one can easily conclude that Lagos is not a Yoruba State.

No be talk am, na the Oba of Benin, the Ijebu King and Princes of Awori land.

The Binis are the monarchs, Aworis owe the land and produce the Chiefs and noble families, Yorubas produce the Governors and the State Executive Members, Igbos are the part of the Legislatures and have the largest non-indigenous land holdings, the Northerns have an overwhelming non-indigenous populations.

Lagos belongs to all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by quickberry(m): 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

The Binis are the monarchs, Aworis owe the land and produce the Chiefs and noble families, Yorubas produce the Governors and the State Executive Members, Igbos are the part of the Legislatures and have the largest non-indigenous land holdings, the Northerns have an overwhelming non-indigenous populations.

Lagos belongs to all.

E be like say u don drink dat chemical again

15 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
quickberry:

E be like say u don drink dat chemical again
No be talk am nah.

Is the Oba of Lagos, a Yoruba man? Why were all Obas of Lagos before the 1850s buried in Bini Royal Tomb?

2 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by helinues: 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
Believe Reno at your own peril.. A guy that can dished out lies just to win an argument..

If Ijebu are not Yoruba's, then they must be part of Biafra.

Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by ipodstinks: 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
grin Omo, this op is just killing himself ontop Lagos. My osu, go and claim your ragos

10 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by enemybulldozer(m): 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
helinues:
Believe Reno at your own peril.. A guy that can dished out lies just to win an argument..

If Ijebu are not Yoruba's, then they must be part of Biafra.

Nonsense
Hypocrite! Were you not among those that always say there are no igbos in SS??
If the aniomas, ugwashi ukwu and the rest of them in SS are not igbo, then they must be part of oodua.

Mitcheeeeww

1 Like

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by quickberry(m): 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

No be talk am nah.

[s]Is the Oba of Lagos, a Yoruba man? Why were all Obas of Lagos before the 1850s buried in Bini Royal Tomb?[/s]

Were u there? What is your problem with yorubaland? You guys should go to your region nah

8 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by helinues: 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
enemybulldozer:
Hypocrite! Were you not among those that always say there are no igbos in SS??
If the aniomas, ugwashi ukwu and the rest of them in SS are not igbo, then they must be part of oodua.

Mitcheeeeww

Stop making false allegations.
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by ibotic(f): 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2019
My people just keep on disgracing us on the internet everyday.....wetin consine us with lagos Our land is abandoned and our children scattered all over the north and particularly SW....what is wrong with us with this politics of hate Enough is enough...nnugo!!

8 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 4:50pm On Mar 07, 2019
quickberry:

Were u there? What is your problem with yoruba land? You guys should go to your region nah
Simple google search would have saved you from this embarrassment.

Who doesn't know since 1850s, all Oba of Lagos has been buried in Bini Royal tomb?

Who doesn't this.

1 Like

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2019
ibotic:
My people just keep on disgracing us on the internet everyday.....wetin consine us with lagos Our land is abandoned and our children scattered all over the north and particularly SW....what is wrong with us with this politics of hate Enough is enough...nnugo!!
A distant of fallen angel who is not proud of his identity.

2 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by enemybulldozer(m): 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2019
helinues:

Stop making false allegations.
There's nothing like false allegations. You're an Igbo hater I know you very well.
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 4:54pm On Mar 07, 2019
ipodstinks:
grin Omo, this op is just killing himself ontop Lagos. My osu, go and claim your ragos
It is aworis that said that Lagos is not yoruba land.
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by quickberry(m): 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Simple google search would have saved you from this embarrassment.

Who doesn't know since 1850s, all Oba of Lagos has been buried in Bini Royal tomb?

Who doesn't this.

My advice to you is paddle your canoe, leave yorubaland and focus on your region

4 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2019
quickberry:

My advice to you is paddle your canoe, leave yorubaland and focus on your region
Slap me when I meddle into yoruba affairs. Lagos is not Yoruba land. Q.E.D

1 Like

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by ibotic(f): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
Very shameful...95% of Yoruba people cannot even name one of the Governor's of the SE states and focus on their own states.....on the other hand....95% of my people know Yoruba governors who do not even know us When are we going to start listening to Ipob and focus on our areas....we are so shameless that we have abandoned our lands and forcing ourselves onto people that clearly don't want us.... grin grin grin

We leave our backward land and will start shouting o to ge in oyo, ogun and lagos state asking that a party which has failed us in our land be allowed to win in a land where their parties have always performed and we find succour Are we crazy or what?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by markdgreat: 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2019
sit down there in Lagos and be claiming what doesn't belong to your generation.

NB. a time is coming why this Yoruba will clash heavily then you will know your worth in a strange land ..
mtcheeeeew

3 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by VirginFinder: 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

No be talk am nah.

Is the Oba of Lagos, a Yoruba man? Why were all Obas of Lagos before the 1850s buried in Bini Royal Tomb?

At some point, the Oba became a Yoruba man. It was in the 3rd generation. The grand patriarch of the current Oba is from Osun state while the matriarch is half Bini.

1 Like

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by goldenarrow: 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
ibotic:
Very shameful...95% of Yoruba people cannot even name one of the Governor's of the SE states and focus on their own states.....on the other hand....95% of my people know Yoruba governors who do not even know us When are we going to start listening to Ipob and focus on our areas....we are so shameless that we have abandoned our lands and forcing ourselves onto people that clearly don't want us.... grin grin grin

We leave our backward land and will start shouting o to ge in oyo, ogun and lagos state asking that a party which has failed us in our land be allowed to win in a land where[b] their parties have always performed [/b]and we find succour Are we crazy or what?

This is the main reason why those parties hold sway come rain or shine in the SW, at least in over 75% of the cases.
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by Funkybabee(f): 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Lagos belongs to all.

Olodo omo oshi..always trying to console themselve no iota of shame at all and reno that say awori own lagos don't he indicates where awori came from and the meaning of it..u can't never learn until they teach u lesson

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by quickberry(m): 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Slap me when I meddle into yoruba affairs. Lagos is not Yoruba land. Q.E.D

Meddle "kee" u there
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by ipodstinks: 11:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

It is aworis that said that Lagos is not yoruba land.
You mean the Aworis, a tribe of your igbo extraction? grin

2 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by ipodstinks: 11:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
Funkybabee:

Olodo omo oshi..always trying to console themselve no iota of shame at all and reno that say awori own lagos don't he indicates where awori came from and the meaning of it..u can't never learn until they teach u lesson
Reno will tell them Awori is from Aba cheesy

2 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by Funkybabee(f): 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
grin angry grin
ipodstinks:
Reno will tell them Awori is from Aba cheesy
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 3:27pm On Mar 08, 2019
ipodstinks:
You mean the Aworis, a tribe of your igbo extraction? grin
Some Aworis said that they are not Yorubas
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2019
Funkybabee:

Two different Awori Princes, from different nobel houses and in different places and time claimed that Awori is not Yoruba.

Do you know more than them?

It is just like claiming that Opobo is Igbo because the speak basically nothing than Igbo or claim that Borno is Hausa because they speak Hausa more than Kanuri.

Aworis are not Yorubas, na their princes talk am.

1 Like

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 3:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
VirginFinder:

At some point, the Oba became a Yoruba man. It was in the 3rd generation. The grand patriarch of the current Oba is from Osun state while the matriarch is half Bini.

He laid claim to the throne through his Bini ancestry. Today, a lot of ruling houses in Lagos claims they have the legitimate right to the throne.
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by Orangina(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2019
Igbos a very good tribe. ah like them. Igbos' Everywhere you GO.
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by bakynes(m): 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Some Aworis said that they are not Yorubas
Simply search Awori on Google or Wiki and see what results it gives you. You guys will always cook up stories to say Lagos is not Yoruba Land when in actual fact everyone knows it is.

3 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by Funkybabee(f): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=SouthEastFacts post=76465034]
Two different Awori Princes, from different nobel houses and in different places and time claimed that Awori is not Yoruba.

Do you know more than them?

It is just like claiming that Opobo is Igbo because the speak basically nothing than Igbo or claim that Borno is Hausa because they speak Hausa more than Kanuri.

Aworis are not Yorubas, na their princes talk am.[/quote

I can't argue with a b@stard. That so low of me

2 Likes

Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by SouthEastFacts: 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=Funkybabee post=76467321][/quote] A bastard is one that curses without provocations.
Some Aworis said that they are not Yorubas. Go kee yaself.
Re: No Man's Land: What I Learnt From Reno Omokri by VirginFinder: 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

He laid claim to the throne through his Bini ancestry. Today, a lot of ruling houses in Lagos claims they have the legitimate right to the throne.

He did

The Lagos obaship chart is there for all.

The Binis lost it after the 3rd generation. One Oba was childless. His sister then married the Yoruba chief priest from Ijesha (Osun) to produce the current line of Lagos kings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun Remains Jobless And Ignored / I Was Only PDP Gov That Rejected The N750m For Gej’s Re-election - Gov. Dickson / Why Is The North Afraid Of Osinbajo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.