Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,584 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos (14437 Views)

“jimi Agbaje Is A Cancer In Lagos PDP.- Chief Layi Ogunbambi / Lagos State: Agbaje Is Wasting His Time And Money / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

20 years of Slavery by PDP in South East and your Region is still the most backward
Even Rotimi Amaechi is tired of APCheat lies and deception grin grin

cc lzaa sarrki imperialyoruba velocity25 pointzerom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by futurism: 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
OoduaVanguard:
Jimi is playing a very dangerous game, from a historical perspective which I will explain in a minute. Even if Tinubu will be retired in Lagos, it shouldn't be via non-Yorubas the way Jimi is trying to achieve it. Yorubas alone should make that call. History taught us that Afonja sought the help of Hausa and Fulani jamas to help defeat an unpopular and tyrannical Alaafin in order for him to consolidate his hold on ilorin, only for the jamas to start feeling like he owed them his position, culminating in his death in the hands of the same jamas while he was trying to clip their wings. That episode led to the birth of the ilorin emirate (the only one existing on Yoruba soil till date).

Similar scenario must never be allowed to repeat itself ever again on Yoruba soil.

Jimi will lose this election of course, but if he were to win with the help of igbos, he and and all subsequent Lagos governors would be at their mercy because they will claim sole responsibility for such victory. That would spell doom for Lagos as we know it. This is beyond Tinubu or no Tinubu. The cost of involving outsiders in settling political scores will never favour the Yoruba nation.

okay, now I understand. I am igbo but I feel your points are valid.

I wouldn't blame you for your decision to tow this line but the consequences of this decision should also be factored in as well.

Igbos can be too boastful and I feel you guys feel threatened lol. But to be honest, an average igbo man wants everyone to prosper, an average igbo man doesn't like someone lording over everyone for so long.

You guys should consider the consequences of your decision. The summary of your post is "fear" nothing but fear.

It's your land. You can do whatever you want to do with it...
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
immhotep:

Even Rotimi Amaechi is tired of APCheat lies and deception grin grin

That still doesn't change the fact that PDP have been governing you all these years and you still have nothing to show for it
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by fixedfolly: 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
Kingjames:
If Nigeria’s population growth remains unchecked, the country is set to become the third most populous country in the world in 31 years’ time. The United Nations projects that by 2050, Nigeria’s population would leapfrog that of the US to queue behind India and China. That would be a recipe for disaster if nothing is done to slow down the rate of growth.
You are absolutely 100% correct
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by BaaleOko: 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
Bulleye:

Chest Beater. Alahun L'ole .Biafra is only for the Igbo but Lagos is for all Nigerians .O to ge f'omo Igbo L'eko!
Ok internet warrior... I don see you finish, Oya scram.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Bulleye(m): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Otoge in Lagos State.
Yes O to ge f'omo Igbo L'eko
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

That still doesn't change the fact that PDP have been governing you all these years and you still have nothing to show for it
Says the man who has NEVER visited the SE since he was born LMAO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Kennydoc(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
OoduaVanguard:
Jimi is playing a very dangerous game, from a historical perspective which I will explain in a minute. Even if Tinubu will be retired in Lagos, it shouldn't be via non-Yorubas the way Jimi is trying to achieve it. Yorubas alone should make that call. History taught us that Afonja sought the help of Hausa and Fulani jamas to help defeat an unpopular and tyrannical Alaafin in order for him to consolidate his hold on ilorin, only for the jamas to start feeling like he owed them his position, culminating in his death in the hands of the same jamas while he was trying to clip their wings. That episode led to the birth of the ilorin emirate (the only one existing on Yoruba soil till date).

Similar scenario must never be allowed to repeat itself ever again on Yoruba soil.

Jimi will lose this election of course, but if he were to win with the help of igbos, he and and all subsequent Lagos governors would be at their mercy because they will claim sole responsibility for such victory. That would spell doom for Lagos as we know it. This is beyond Tinubu or no Tinubu. The cost of involving outsiders in settling political scores will never favour the Yoruba nation.

The point in bold doesn't make any sense. Even if Igbos help Jimi Agbaje get into power, who says he must owe them any loyalty? Akpabio single handedly made Udom governor but today, Udom has broken loose from his grip. Same situation between Peter Obi and Obiano.
Even if Igbos help Agbaje win election, is he going to win with only Igbo votes? Probably half or more of the people that will vote for him will be Yorubas, so why should Igbos hold him hostage? And who says Yorubas can't rally round him if he finally wins and give him the support he needs? Is he not a Yoruba man? Is PDP an Igbo party? The guys that are planning to vote for Seyi Makinde in Oyo State, are they Igbos? Or was it Igbos that made PDP win in Oyo and Ondo states on February 23rd?
The earlier you guys realise that PDP is very much alive in Yoruba land, and APC is not really a Yoruba party, the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by jrusky(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
OoduaVanguard:
Jimi is playing a very dangerous game, from a historical perspective which I will explain in a minute. Even if Tinubu will be retired in Lagos, it shouldn't be via non-Yorubas the way Jimi is trying to achieve it. Yorubas alone should make that call. History taught us that Afonja sought the help of Hausa and Fulani jamas to help defeat an unpopular and tyrannical Alaafin in order for him to consolidate his hold on ilorin, only for the jamas to start feeling like he owed them his position, culminating in his death in the hands of the same jamas. That episode led to the birth of the ilorin emirate (the only one existing on Yoruba soil till date).

Bro no need to disturbs yourself I'm a igbo origin but fully born SW and I'm proud of it the truth is apc i repeat apc can not and can never loose in Lagos if even Tinubu is dead pls I don't disturbs myself supporting impossibility. Though pdp will get huge votes but apc will still win.

As per Afonja talk in Ilorin bro that can never happen again in Yoruba land or in any tribe in Nigeria again it will be fight to finish so if even Agbaje win with the help of Igbo as you said pls does that make Agbaje a igbo man or take side on igbo man against his own race? Can any igbo man do such? Hell No. So why listening to any chest beaters idiots that left their villages tattered and undevelop and be boasting of developing another man's land who can evict them at any time if the worst scenario ensue. Bro I'm a blunt person ok these people are my people but I'm really upset with their foolish unecessary braggings.

Pls let's get this right any idiot claiming Lagos is no man's land must be very very stupid. Lagos fore father from ancient history is a hunter from Ile Ife, pls ile ife in Nnewi or Awka? Hell No. The only people in Nigeria that has a link with Yoruba Lagos are the Bini people from Edo and history has it and confirmed it that Yoruba and Bini are family. The trader that came to Lagos from Bini and later got married to one of the Lagos forefathers kid lead to people like Akiolu emergency as king due to his lineage so pls where does igbo come into play here?

As I said I don't deceive my self talking nonsense I read alot and have so much tactful information at my possession so I don't pitch my tent with lunatic talks.

I hate apc with passion especially Buhari and I don't hide it but that does not mean I should be thinking pdp will defeat Tinubu party in Lagos bro it's not possible.

Bro they hate me because I'm a liberal thinker and hold no grudges against any tribe but I don't give a f u c k as per their hate. I don't fight for what is not mine I was born in SW does not mean I should be saying their land is no man's land or to abuse them or to be looking for how to become king which I know no one can say or try such in any igbo land then why doing it to others?

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by BaaleOko: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

If what you said is true then you guys would not even give Jimi Agbaje any attention in Lagos At all, and if you are so busy as you claim then no igbo would be in the forefront of Jimi Agbaje Campaign in Lagos. That was a History that took place in Ilorin and what you guys use to mock Yoruba till today but you discarded it as tales because it bruise your emotions, acting so pathetic as usual
What's wrong with Igbos exercising their fundamental rights, don't they pay taxes? Are you more Nigerian than they are? Na your papa get Lagos? if any Igbo decides to campaign for Agbaje, that's within his rights and prerogative... not sure how that affects you from breathing in Oxygen and exhaling CO2.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by raumdeuter: 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
If the below is not divisive politics then what is it

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8938414_agbaje_pngef27dc7647f74fc0300dfbc691d76d4c

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
BaaleOko:

What's wrong with Igbos exercising their fundamental rights, don't they pay taxes? Are you more Nigerian than they are? Na your papa get Lagos? if any Igbo decides to campaign for Agbaje, that's within his rights and prerogative... not sure how that affects you from breathing in Oxygen and exhaling CO2.

Save the Wailing for after the Election please kiss
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by seguno2: 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Jimi agbaje will floor Sanwo olu on a free and fair election

Do you have a PVC?
What of your family and friends? Do they also have their own PVCs
Agbaje can’t floor Sanwo Olu or anyone by social media noise. It won’t happen.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Kennydoc(m): 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

20 years of Slavery by PDP in South East and your Region is still the most backward

Most backward in what sense?
Can you post a link to support your assertion that SE is backward? At least I know that for the past couple of years, the 5 SE states have been among the top 10 performing states in WAEC SSCE. In terms of economy, at least Anambra, Abia, Imo and Enugu are nowhere near the bottom of the ladder.
PDP in Enugu and Ebonyi states have produced far more results than APC in Ogun and Oyo states, at least in the past 8 years. Who then is being enslaved?

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
immhotep:

Says the man who has NEVER visited the SE since he was born LMAO.

That's the fact, but you can deny it all you like. You guys will have anything good going on in your Region and the whole Nigeria wouldn't know about it? You guys will have anything good going on in your Region and you will still be crying of Marginalization? Unless it is not you guys we are talking about here grin
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by chuks1love(m): 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Amumaigwe: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
OoduaVanguard:

Who are the outsiders? Anybody living in Lagos and contributing to it's GDP is a Lagos insider. The fact that Yorubas still control the politics of Lagos is just because they are majority in the states adjoining Lagos and happened to go into politics earlier than other ethnic groups making up Lagos. But that is about to change for good.

Tinubu - O te go .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Bulleye(m): 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Who are the outsiders? Anybody living in Lagos and contributing to it's GDP is a Lagos insider. The fact that Yorubas still control the politics of Lagos is just because they are majority in the states adjoining Lagos and happened to go into politics earlier than other ethnic groups making up Lagos. But that is about to change for good.

Tinubu - O te go .
Omo Igbo o to ge!

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by futurism: 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
jrusky:

Bro no need to disturbs yourself I'm a igbo origin but fully born SW and I'm proud of it the truth is apc i repeat apc can not and can never loose in Lagos if even Tinubu is dead pls I don't disturbs myself supporting impossibility. Though pdp will get huge votes but apc will still win.

As per Afonja talk in Ilorin bro that can never happen again in Yoruba land or in any tribe in Nigeria again it will be fight to finish so if even Agbaje win with the help of Igbo as you said pls does that make Agbaje a igbo man or take side on igbo man against his own race? Can any igbo man do such? Hell No. So why listening to any chest beaters idiots that left their villages tattered and undevelop and be boasting of developing another man's land who can evict them at any time if the worst scenario ensue. Bro I'm a blunt person ok these people are my people but I'm really upset with their foolish unecessary braggings.

Pls let's get this right any idiot claiming Lagos is no man's land must be very very stupid. Lagos fore father from ancient history is a hunter from Ile Ife, pls ile ife in Nnewi or Awka? Hell No. The only people in Nigeria that has a link with Yoruba Lagos are the Bini people from Edo and history has it and confirmed it that Yoruba and Bini are family. The trader that came to Lagos from Bini and later got married to one of the Lagos forefathers kid lead to people like Akiolu emergency as king due to his lineage so pls where does igbo come into play here?

As I said I don't deceive my self talking nonsense I read alot and have so much tactful information at my possession so I don't pitch my tent with lunatic talks.

I hate apc with passion especially Buhari and I don't hide it but that does not mean I should be thinking pdp will defeat Tinubu party in Lagos bro it's not possible.

Bro they hate me because I'm a liberal thinker and hold no grudges against any tribe but I don't give a f u c k as per their hate. I don't fight for what is not mine I was born in SW does not mean I should be saying their land is no man's land or to abuse them or to be looking for how to become king which I know no one can say or try such in any igbo land then why doing it to others?

God bless.
slowpoke. Nobody sAid you should not leave your mama's boobs and travel out before calling people's land undeveloped.

you can't even afford the cost of land in the east then begin with. This is not some exaggerated shiits... Lands in thick villages are forking expensive in the east not to talk about more developed towns.

It is nobody's fault that you guys refused to to leave your fathers compound and make a name for yourself.

Liberal my foot.

Before youR stupidity Lead you to say igbos don't sell land to non igbos, I hope that this image shut your stinking mouth cos a Yoruba man owns a street in Enugu.

Arindin oniranu

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Xmen149(m): 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oricha79:
I heard from a reliable source that anytime jimi lost an election in Lagos, APC normally compensate him. But I began to suspect him, since he is not serious on campaign

he works with state and I think federal govt hospitals as contractor...lol
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by ogunsbanjul(m): 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
Thanks for saying the truth. What you will never eat, you must not give to someone who is human like you. My point is, can the people Agbaje is trying to woo allow outsiders to contest or have say in their region. Agbaje should stop all these rubbish because it might lead civil unrest.
OoduaVanguard:

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by googi: 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
As much as I enjoyed Igbo relationship in Lagos, no true son of Lagos with any sense of history will give you the opportunity Zik abused in Lagos and Ibadan.

Even crying that Awolowo was a tribalist for seeing and predicting the opportunistic Igbo children today.

The reference to Afonja accepting the help of Fulani to overthrow unpopular Oba is apt.

Like Fulani, Igbo would demand Agbaje's head if he wins and tried to curb their excess demands. They would not tolerate their demands in their land.

I cannot stand Tinubu but Igbo are so audacious, they are worse. Unfortunately, that is what a rogue like Tinubu has going for him.

You have to pity Nigeria. No choice but between many evils.

Amumaigwe:

Tinubu - O te go .
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
nairalee:
I cant believe it's 2019 and tinubu is still ruling Lagos like a poultry. Handpicked Ambode and removed him when he felt like. And the Ambode sheepishly withdrew without a fight.

Lagos is too big. I repeat too big for one man to be dictating over.

This recent tribal war is shameful and barbaric. If lagosians go and vote him again be rest assured ur destiny will continue to be dictated by one man for the next 8 years minimum

I want to learn, please be realistic & objective, lets say we lagosians decides to vote apc/tinubu out ,what are the benefit .
Can you point any state in nigeria pdp ruled for 16yrs far better than lagos ?
Lagos is bouyant today not by FG allocation but IGR, do you know the genesis of IGR and the brain behind.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by twodee75: 2:52pm On Mar 07, 2019
ozowarac:

Nonsense.
. you are 100% correct... the write up is beautiful nonsense
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by raumdeuter: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
googi:
As much as I enjoyed Igbo relationship in Lagos, no true son of Lagos with any sense of history will give you the opportunity Zik abused in Lagos and Ibadan.

Even crying that Awolowo was a tribalist for seeing and predicting the opportunistic Igbo children today.
The reference to Afonja accepting the help of Fulani to overthrow unpopular Oba is apt.
Like Fulani, Igbo would demand Agbaje's head if he wins and tried to curb their excess demands. They would not tolerate their demands in their land.
I cannot stand Tinubu but Igbo are so audacious, they are worse. Unfortunately, that is what a rogue like Tinubu has going for him.

You have to pity Nigeria. No choice but between many evils.

Ibos are the ones indirectly helping Tinubu

When Kwarans were tired of Saraki they booted him out themselves, when Oyo people were tired of Ajimobi they retired him themselves without help. If any outsider had said they will help them chase out these 2, he would have lost

Ibos getting involved is the reason many people are still voting Tinubu

Many Yorubas that complain and want to vote out Tinubu, the moment they see Ibos inserting themselves into the conversation they either stay home or go vote APC

A Yoruba proverb says "Bami na omo mi, Ko de inu olomo" "No parent is ever sincere when saying help me beat my child",

Every parent will not want an outsider to punish their child they will rather do it themselves.

Yorubas will rather be the ones to treat Tinubus misdeeds not with help from Ibos

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by seguno2: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2019
ericsmith:
I want to learn, please be realistic & objective, lets say we lagosians decides to vote apc/tinubu out ,what are the benefit .
Lagos is bouyant today not by FG allocation but IGR, do you know the genesis of IGR and the brain behind.

How much of this IGR that you are bragging about do you think is from Igbos directly and indirectly
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Oricha79(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
Xmen149:

he works with state and I think federal govt hospitals as contractor...lol
what are we talking about then...he is a stoog to state government then. Sanwo-olu for governor jor
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by nairalee(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
ericsmith:

I admit I dunno the details of Lagos IGR. I just don't like the idea that the fate the entire lagosians lie in the hands of one man
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ejimagift:
[s][/s]

When will you shout OTO GE in Abia state the poverty capital of the east
u are a goat is he staying in abia...
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by Printerscanner: 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2019
nairalee:
I cant believe it's 2019 and tinubu is still ruling Lagos like a poultry. Handpicked Ambode and removed him when he felt like. And the Ambode sheepishly withdrew without a fight.

Lagos is too big. I repeat too big for one man to be dictating over.

This recent tribal war is shameful and barbaric. If lagosians go and vote him again be rest assured ur destiny will continue to be dictated by one man for the next 8 years minimum

Tinubu is ruling Lagos, now tell me, who is ruling your father's house?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by LexngtonSteele: 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2019
Memphitz537:

Exactly how Osibanjo is a houseboy to Buhari.....
Wetin I dey talk sef?? Osibanjo na Buhari houseboy in reality

Re: Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos by jrusky(m): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2019
[s]
futurism:
slowpoke. Nobody sAid you should not leave your mama's boobs and travel out before calling people's land undeveloped.

you can't even afford the cost of land in the east then begin with. This is not some exaggerated shiits... Lands in thick villages are forking expensive in the east not to talk about more developed towns.

It is nobody's fault that you guys refused to to leave your fathers compound and make a name for yourself.

Liberal my foot.

Before youR stupidity Lead you to say igbos don't sell land to non igbos, I hope that this image shut your stinking mouth cos a Yoruba man owns a street in Enugu.

Arindin oniranu
[/s]

That is why you are a fool. A bloody retarded slowpoke block head inxeed

Do i said igbo don't sell land? Are yoh blind? You see your life as you have just acted and posted stupidly by attacking your mother when I never attacked anyone mother.

A bastard are known for one thing and that is *They find it so easy insulting people's parent even in a matter that does not concern them* meaning you are a bastard
It's never my thing to insult my fellow Nairaland member I don't do it and will never do it but if you call for a battle stage here bro I no dey carry last I will battle you to finish pls if that is what you want reply me and I will give it to you. Ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi Governorship Election: APC Announces Primaries Method, Set To Pick Date / ‘I Look To Engaging With You’ — Tinubu Congratulates King Charles III / Nigeria- The Most Populous Black Nation In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.