Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,088 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Interview Session With Mr Gentle Eyisi, The Author Of "The Darkness A Rope" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Interview Session With Mr Gentle Eyisi, The Author Of "The Darkness A Rope" (392 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? / Now Available "The Darkness Around A Rope" By Mr Gentle Eyisi / “The Darkness Around A Rope” By Gentle Eyisi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview Session With Mr Gentle Eyisi, The Author Of "The Darkness A Rope" by solotutu(m): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
So Last week our Creatv PR and media personnel had an Exclusive interview with Mr Gentle Eyisi for his newly released Book,
MR gentle who is A Nigerian Author, a life coach, speaker. A graduate of law from Igbinedion University.

INTERVIEWER : Can we know you sir?

Mr Gentle: My name is Rare Gentle Eyisi, a life coach, speaker and author. A graduate of law from Igbinedion University, alumnus of Daystar Leadership Academy Lagos & The Coaching Academy London UK. I believe in the greatness of Nigeria; I believe that African youths must rise & release the greatness trapped in this continent. My hobbies are writing, speaking, traveling & listening to cool music.

INTERVIEWER: What inspired you to write this book & what are your reasons?

Mr Gentle: I was inspired to write this book because I'm a two time survivor of suicide and I believe the book will speak to everyone who picks it to read no matter where they are from.

INTERVIEWER: You stressed about the incessant rate of depression in our society and among youths in your book, do you think depression is hereditary?

Mr Gentle: Depression and suicide is not hereditary. I think it could only be hereditary if it's a curse in a family. Otherwise it's not. Depression is the voice that develops after every negative impressionable action which registers in the mind over time occurs and when not given the loving, encouraging & 'presence' attention needed becomes a louder voice in the head of it's victim asking for relief from all the pains & suffering until the victim obeys the voice and ends it all.

INTERVIEWER: How did you measure the scale to arrive at a conclusion that depression and sucide is now very rampant in the society?

Mr Gentle: There is no yardstick for measuring the high rate our society records depression & suicide; you simply observe the news & happenings. A popular DJ in Lagos took his life on January 2nd this year; popular comedian Funnybone recounts that if not for friends whom he opened up to, he could have taken his life last year; a Nigerian who was recently denied residency permit in Italy ran under a moving train; in Anambra, a man poured acid on his wife & then drank it thus killing himself; a young man recently torched himself because of hardship. The stories abound everywhere including many that never make it on news headlines.

INTERVIEWER: How would you relate the Nigerian environment and your environment to depression?

Mr Gentle: The Nigerian environment is one of the triggers of depression- just the hardship & economic instability is enough to drive someone crazy. The guy who set himself on fire said he had tried fruitlessly to get people to help him financially. He suffered third degree burns but thankfully he didn't die because the police rushed him to the hospital.

INTERVIEWER: Is depression peculiar to a certain class of people in the society?

Mr Gentle: Suicide & depression knows no national boundaries- they are public health problems in high-income countries & even more in low & middle income countries where nearly 80% of suicides occur. Reports show that suicide was the second leading cause of death for adolescents aged 15 to 19 in 2015 and according to WHO, over 800,000 people die due to suicide every year which is one person every 40 seconds.

INTERVIEWER: Some studies asserts that depression can come as a result of some chemical imbalance in the brain or imbalance in some neurotransmitters in the brain, how true is this?

Mr Gentle: Because I'm not a medical doctor, I wouldn't be able to prove the veracity of this claim but I do know that one who suffers depression is not mentally stable and as such should seek medical help and be attended to with understanding.

INTERVIEWER: What 'writing methodology' did you use in the course of writing this book?

Mr Gentle: The book is a fictional self-help work. In other words, there are characters I created to tell stories of what causes these mental problems in each chapter and I made sure to include 20 different nationalities covering all continents. This is because depression & suicide is a leveler- it knows no gender, race, tribe or class.

INTERVIEWER: What was the hardest part of writing this book?

Mr Gentle: There was no 'hardest' part as such; it's just that every writer experiences "writer's block" at some point during work. So there were times I lost inspiration and would give myself some time to play or study & then be inspired again to continue.

INTERVIEWER:What was your favorite chapter (or part) that you wrote and loved and why?

Mr Gentle: Every chapter is a beautiful one (laughs). However, my favorite chapter would be 15 because of the thrilling story of Fahad, a Pakistanese teenager who was a stammerer & suffered from slow learning disability though a smart boy. His classmates made jest of him & it would often result in a brawl because of his temper. It wasn't after his teacher Hamid took interest in him when his aged parents almost gave up on him that Fahad confessed to attempting to commit suicide to him that things began to change under the former's mentorship. Fahad would later become a best selling author, TV personality & also built the biggest literacy academy and made his teacher it's director. It's a story many may relate to I believe.

INTERVIEWER: What lessons did you learn in the course of writing this book?

Mr Gentle: First of all, I learnt that writing is a serious project and a beautiful career as this is my first foray into book publishing. And then I learnt how story telling can help in shaping how an author tackles an issue in the society; as such I believe writers shape cultures and ideology with their pen. No wonder a wise man posited that the pen is mightier than the sword.

INTERVIEWER: What is special about your book?

Mr Gentle: The book, "The Darkness Around a Rope" is special because of its timing in that its an issue that must form basis for discussions in different social and corporate fora. Then there is the cultural infusion as you would discover in each story, you would become more aware of these issues and then gain knowledge on how to gain victory and learn to talk yourself into a state of hope and personal effectiveness through the over 40 'Life-Line Affirmations in the last chapter. I encourage everyone to grab a copy on any of the digital platforms by February 25th.

INTERVIEWER: So how can people get the Book and how can they reach you on social media!?

Mr Gentle: ok the book is now available on Amazon, Okadabooks
CLICK THE LINK https://paystack.com/pay/darknessaroundarope

TO PURCHASE THE BOOK FOR JUST #500. · · · · · · · · · · ·
You can follow me on IG "@Gentleofficial" and on Twitter @Gentleglobal and on Facebook "Gentle Eyisi" .

INTERVIEWER: Thank you very much for your time sir I hope your book reaches out to those who really need it and to those who are going through depression and suicide!

Thanks to you all for reading. Keep following Us on
@Creatv http//:www.instagram.com/Creatv
On Twitter @Atcreatv

.#TDAAR
#Thedarknessaroundarope
#saynotosuicideanddepression
#saynotosuicide
#saynotodepression
#nigerianbookreaders #readerandwriters #bookcommunity #nigerianAuthors #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Download Thousands Of Free Christian Ebooks Here / Cosmic Holography I / The Encounter - Smith Legrande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.