Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Take Me Back To Makurdi By Chris Tion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take Me Back To Makurdi By Chris Tion (560 Views)

The Return Of SAP By Chris Adetayo / Eugene Aliegba And John Tion Defect To APC, Dump PDP In Benue / Restructuring: Southern Leaders Barred From Flying To Makurdi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Take Me Back To Makurdi By Chris Tion by Damibiz(m): 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
Take me back to Makurdi,where school children hurried off to school happy and carefree,where Ubiquitous white painted buses glides from Wadata to Wurukum laden with Families who did'nt see themselves as Christians or Muslims,when a late night Hangout was not a Rape Attack or death Sentence,
Take me Back to Makurdi,where we play street Football without worrying about street gangs and cultist,where it was okey to take walk on Naka Street at anytime of the day without looking behind your back,where we ate Akpukpa and Bier without arguing and Stabbing eath Other because of Bet9ja or Surebet,where it did'nt matter whether we Support ApC,PDP,Jime or Ortom,Suswan or Akume.
Take me back to Makurdi,where we looked up to Kilometter 5 and farm Jam every Yuletide,where Muslim Shared their Salah Ram with Christians and Christians gave muslims Christmas rice without a care,where Igbos living on Kaduna Street did not need to fear and Hausa living behind Methodist church Ankpa ward were Relaxed,
Take me Back to Makurdi,where we ran Off to River Benue to swim away the heat not minding if we were Idoma,Igede,Tiv,Hausa or Igbos,
Take me back to the Lazy Sundays when we trooped to Swange Cinema to swoon Over Indian Films whose songs we did'nt understand,Oh during The Humid months of February and March when it is Too hot indoors,i want to lie outside on my Veranda on Kastima Ala Street till dawn,i want to buy Beef without thinking that i am Arming some Marauding Herdmen in Makurdi,you might only be this way in My Memory,but i will toil to see my Kids Experience you as you once were innocent and full of SPLENDOUR......written Chris Tion...march,4..2019...
Election is not a do or die affair..my Benue my Pride

(1) (Reply)

INEC Office In Imo Set Ablaze By Thugs / KANO Burning After ELECTION / Marafa Offers Saraki Another Wife In Appreciation For N10bn Zamfara Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.