Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:20 AM

Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke (65418 Views)

Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover / UK Father & Son Jailed For Killing Wife's Lover Who Was Hiding Inside Wardrobe / Husband Remanded For Killing Wife Over Sachet Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by omooba969(m): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
sotall:
Which kain judgement be this?

So the two children become orphans?

Is it the incompetent Nigeria govt that will train the children? undecided undecided

The kids will be fine.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Icon79(m): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
Thank you, my dear! One of those things that makes you say "Only in Nigeria".

I mean, the stupid judge didn't even consider the mitigating circumstances. That's not to excuse his action, but the woman cheated on him for crying out loud! And it was probably not the first time either. Who knows what else she did to provoke him more

To me, the man should've been convicted of a manslaughter and not murder. But hey, it's Nigeria we're talking about ... life is cheap angry sad shocked

O pari

sotall:

Is it the incompetent Nigeria govt that will train the children? undecided undecided
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2019
sotall:

There is nothing wrong with the sentence. Now her soul can finally rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Pavore9: 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2019
9jaRealist:

Being a parent is a privilege and not a right, and dude pissed his privilege away. undecided

There is a distinction between being a father and a parent, and while virtually anyone with virile spermatozoa can become a father not everyone can be a parent in the meaningful sense of the term. In this instance, the kids will be better off being orphans than being raised by a father who can kill their mother, who he apparently beats up regularly (most likely in front of the kids or at least to their hearing), and then locked the corpse with the same kids in the house. Meanwhile, it is likely that (like most Nigerian families) there is extended family who can raise the kids (hopefully from the mother’s side rather than the dude’s), for even if he was not sentenced to death he would likely have been sentenced to life imprisonment anyway and the kids would therefore still be likely raised without a father in their lives. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

You captured it well. In such case, most times the mother's side gets custody of the children of the union.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by freemi(m): 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2019
Jestin:
But how some people raise their hands to hit the person they claim to love still baffles me
when dat same person u claim to love cheats on u then u will understand.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Venerable612(m): 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Damn! Uncle Sonde cry cry cry

You know the man?
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=Icon79 post=76469718]Thank you, my dear! One of those things that makes you say "Only in Nigeria".

I mean, the stupid judge didn't even consider the mitigating circumstances. That's not to excuse his action, but the woman cheated on him for crying out loud! And it was probably not the first time either. Who knows what else she did to provoke him more

To me, the man should've been convicted of a manslaughter and not murder. But hey, it's Nigeria we're talking about ... life is cheap angry sad shocked

O pari

Question1.
Would you have said the same thing if the victim was your sister?

2 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by link2ok22: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
MosakuAW:

Stop attaching this to Nigeria only. It happens everywhere in the world. If you don't know, watch channel 170 and 171 on DSTV, you will learn more.

The best way to handle a "very serious" issues in marriages and relationship is to walk away.

Where are walking away to?

Are you married cos if you are you would undstand that what you said doesn't make sense
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by spiritofthedead: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
9jaRealist:

This is not about being angry since it’s not the first (or only) time he’s beaten her.
He hit hard really hard to the point of killing perhaps cause she cheated.. I’m not trying to cover up for domestic violence here but really this ladies can be really pushing sometimes..
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by cococandy(f): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
It’s not the first time he beat her up either.

So he had ample opportunity to walk away from the marriage.
He’s an absuive monstrous husband.
Icon79:

O pari

Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2019
Venerable612:

You know the man?
Since forever
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Pavore9: 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

Should a woman "add something" to her husband's food because he provoked her with his serial cheating?

If he could be that hardened to lock up their kids with their mother's corpse, he has lost the right to continue be a parent to them. Have you even considered the psychological damage he caused those children?

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by akdjr(m): 6:53pm On Mar 08, 2019
But why will a man beat his wife just because she cheat? The best thing to do if you can't hold it is to just seek for divorce and let her continue enjoying what she feel she was not enjoying while with you.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by colestephan86: 6:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
sotall:

If he isn't killed and left to take care of his kids , what will he tell his children happen to their mum, when they ask how she died.better let the govt kill the man now , cos later the kids will kill the man and they will possibly sentence them to death too
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by faithfull18(f): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2019
Finally shocked
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by imam07: 7:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
Jestin:
But how some people raise their hands to hit the person they claim to love still baffles me
get married first b4 u comment. When ur wife Bleep u up big time u go know if u can raise ur hands or not.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Charly68: 7:16pm On Mar 08, 2019
God have mercy ; the woman provoked the anger of a jealous husband,katakata bursted and it resulted to death ..now the law came with it's hammer .who will take care of their children? Somebody should ask the judge a fundamental question here .
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by noble71(m): 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2019
Lukgaf:
But when will they kill Reverend King. Nigeria is lawless. The law is only for the poor
Rev King that contested for Presidential Election grin
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Pavore9: 7:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
Charly68:
God have mercy ; the woman provoked the anger of a jealous husband,katakata bursted and it resulted to death ..now the law came with it's hammer .who will take care of their children? Somebody should ask the judge a fundamental question here .

That will not be an issue, the wife's family will look after them. Why didn't he think of their mother before he killed her and locked them up with her corpse?

2 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by PastorandMentor(m): 7:26pm On Mar 08, 2019
That's right. Best thing is to divorce her and marry another.
Omonigeriarere:
The moment your man discovered that you fornicates, that is the day you start sitting on gun powder which will explode whether now or later.

Ladies beware men hardly let go when it comes to formication unless poverty made him to subject himself to such condition.

If he forgives, such singular act has licenced him to do as he likes whenever he get richer.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Charly68: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2019
Pavore9:

That will not be an issue, the wife's family will look after them. Why didn't he think of their mother before he killed her and locked them up with her corpse?
Very painful end ,I tell you.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by adisabarber(m): 7:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
Lukgaf:
But when will they kill Reverend King. Nigeria is lawless. The law is only for the poor

Soon as one governor has the balls to ratify the death sentence
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Kingjames(m): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2019
Death is stupid. Mammoth, menacing and mean, death is an unintelligent, inartificial robot unmoved by goodness, reason, pleading and praise. Death is a blind idiot, a reckless solitary reaper. But it is not half as stupid and blind as man because each day, man cuddles death through reckless eating, excessive drinking, smoking, dangerous driving, careless talks and several other deathly acts. And when death strikes like the blind cobra it is, we wail.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Reference(m): 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2019
Lukgaf:

It is a sentence, a judgement. A lot happens between that and the gallows. A death warrant has to be issued and can only be signed by the State Governor, similar to the United States.... and few governors have actually signed them so the death row list in Nigeria is a pretty long one. Some have been on death row for uowards of a decade and some have actually died of health issues and old age while awaiting execution.

To kill legally through the courts is not easy anywhere in the non Sharia, non Communist world.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Zombicmodz: 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2019
The feminist judge must be tripping.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
This isn't nice cry
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by MosakuAW(m): 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2019
link2ok22:

Where are walking away to?

Are you married cos if you are you would undstand that what you said doesn't make sense

I am married for 11yrs now with 2 lovely kids. Read my comment again. I put serious issues in quote. Serious issues like beating up your spouse, infidelity that hurt and can't be forgiven, lack of trust. These are serious issue you need to walk away from if all options had been put on and still find yourself in the same circle.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Double8: 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2019
I feel sorry for the late wife, the husband and the kids. It's truly unfortunate. This is not what they had in mind when they started the journey. SMH.
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by MosakuAW(m): 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2019
LegalOpinion:

How can "walking away" be the best way to handle serious issues in marriage that is for a lifetime.

Or s you mean the best immediate reaction to crises situations?

Discussion is the best approach to "serious issues" in marriage.

What if the man/woman is hot temper or a beating spouse. You mean, you still will stay and discuss it over and over again?
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by uzomanny(m): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2019
Lukgaf:

I saw Reverend King's Presidential campaign poster somewhere in Okokomaiko. That man is now fat grin
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by Realzikkist(m): 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2019
to avoid a heated argument, just walk off
Re: Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:32pm On Mar 08, 2019
Xisnin:

Can you think?
An animal killed a human being and you are blaming the victim.
what would have transpire before the woman was killed made me comment such and not blaming the victim or praising the man , I had a neighbour whom the husband threw out a luggage his wife countless time and the woman still force her way in, insist she was never going anywhere and yet they wouldn't go a week without fighting with punches . The man leave house every 6 am till 8 pm, and the woman never work at all, funniest enough the woman make troubled with all neighbours, and when the man narrate and told everyone that sometimes he closed at 4 or 6 but he will have to wait at his mechanic shop and sit there till 8 pm just to avoid her wife violent. He didn't have peace of mind and even neighbours fear her , the scenario maybe happening here too, woman can provoke hell out of anyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) / "How My Daughter Kissed & Seduced Me" - 50-Year-Old Nigerian Man / Notorious Kidnapper, Evans Arrested After N30m Bounty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.