Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Johnny Drille: The Success Story by Itty Okim - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Johnny Drille: The Success Story by Itty Okim (336 Views)

Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide / My Ican Success Story---godfrey Ebimobowei (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Johnny Drille: The Success Story by Itty Okim by IttyOkim: 12:57am On Mar 09, 2019
JOHNNY DRILLE: THE SUCCESS STORY

John Ighodaro (popular, Johnny Drille) is a perfect example of somebody whose talent has paved way for him. You can unarguably say that through consistency, dedication, passion and hard work, he has attained heights that not many people envisioned for him in such a short while.

John does mainly folk and rock music; a genre that many thought boring and felt could never find its way into the hearts of fun-loving Nigerians. But how the tables turned and he has become the sweetheart of these "fun lovers" doing the same kind of music is what we will discuss in this article.

Firstly, Nigeria is one very unique nation. You can say that the average Nigerian is a SanMel by temperament. This means that you could find them all agile and excited this moment, and all sulky and heartbroken in the next. When things are going smoothly, Nigerians are one of the most happy and joyous people. That's when they want to vibe and turn on the speakers.
But Johnny Drille realized that Nigerians with broken hearts are his market. And so he capitalized on that with his folk music; with the aim of healing every melancholic heart that listens and capturing its love.
And it is popular fact that one of the most sensitive issues to talk about is that of love.

I believe he dropped "Wait For Me" in this light.

Moreover, the multiple Headies Awards winner believed a lot in his craft in its early stage. He first had the vision of himself going big, even before anyone else. We could say he was his biggest motivation. This is evident in him struggling to showcase his talent by participating in several voice/singing competitions; the most popular of them being the 6th MTN Project Fame West Africa alongside Niniola Apata (Niniola) in which he came 1st position. Afterwards, he did a cover of "Awww" by Di'ja which gained him a lot of recognition. Among those who recognized him was Mavin Record boss, Don Jazzy.
He got a deal!

I believe that John is a success story.
For every person who feels their background is a lifetime poverty and insignificance sentence, please have a rethink.
You need to first believe in your self and then use that faith as fuel to push yourself out! Let the world know you!

Life won't come to you and present success. It will present opportunities which you have to utilize and work on for your own betterment.

Work on you, and BE A SUCCESS STORY!

Read Itty Okim @ittyokim on all social platforms.

(1) (Reply)

TOTAL/ QUAI D’ORSAY International Master’s Scholarships / Lady Who Video Success Got 2million Naira Gift. / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Hold 41st Matriculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.