Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,271 members, 7,957,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack (13886 Views)

Hundreds Sleep On Maiduguri Streets For Fear Of Boko Haram / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) / Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by dre11(m): 10:39am On Mar 09, 2019
"Many of the ad hoc staff that we used during the presidential and national assembly elections have all refused to show up," an INEC official said

Ad hoc officials contracted by the Independent National Electoral Commission in Ibadan North West Local Government Area of Oyo State appear to have abandoned their polling units.

According to information made available to SaharaReporters, the ad hoc staff refused to show up for “fear of attack", after the violence that occurred during the February 23 presidential and national assembly polls.

SaharaReporters observed that the commission has, however, rushed to contract new ad hoc staff for the election. Many people were seen rushing to put down their names.

Ibadan North West LGA has 11 (eleven) wards.

An INEC official simply identified as Mr. Oluwasegun, told reporters that those who refused to show up had been replaced. Commercial motorcylists were also recruited to transport the new ad hoc staff to their places of assignment.

"Many of the ad hoc staff that we used during the presidential and national assembly elections have all refused to show up," he said.

"And having noticed this, we started contracting new ones (ad hoc staff) since yesterday to fill the gap of the ones that have refused to show up. We are now deploying them to the various polling units and wards."

However, the electorate in the area have raised concerns over the identity of the newly contracted ad hoc staff.

"I just pray that the new ones (ad hoc staff) being contracted by this commission are not party members who will do the bidding of their principals," a resident said.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/09/breaking-inec-stranded-ad-hoc-staff-fail-turn-ibadan-fear-attack

Lalasticlala
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by dingbang(m): 10:45am On Mar 09, 2019
Failed nation

5 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by sparkleboy(m): 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
grin
Corpers don japa
After parents had spent millions to train them, They should now die for INEC abi?
Same thing is happening in Rivers state.
NYSC ad hoc staffs are staying indoors grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by Petersamuel8(m): 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
I no blame them sha, on top how much? Nigeria is not worth that risk

5 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by bettercreature(m): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin I was telling someone yesterday that they are going to disenfranchised Ibadan people he said i was kidding
APC knows that no amount of rigging can save them in ibadan

19 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by otokx(m): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
not patriotic.
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by KingAzubuike(f): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
Lazy people. Here in Biu, Maiduguri people are trooping out like snails after a light rainfall to vote.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by adelnehis(m): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
LOL

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by cashlurd(m): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
That's good. Thank God people are now considering their safety over monetary benefits

2 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by ChiefVolt007: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
Pls lemme eat my Moi moi and gArri in peace this hot afternoon. I don't like what I hate...

3 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by yuanexchanger: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
The presence of more armed men is very dangerous to democracy in this nation.We pay your chinese suppliers with RMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by Johnrake69: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
Shame
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by Nicklaus619(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
I would have done that same Sh!t if I was one of the ad hoc staff....nah me wan come die for how much,,, Inec there Nyash grin
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by yesloaded: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
Not only due to violence, many were not paid

2 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by otokx(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
ChiefVolt007:
Pls lemme eat my Moi moi and gArri in peace this hot afternoon. I don't like what I hate...
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by sunbilor(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
Fear of attack or because you have refused to pay them their allowance for the last exercise?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by kings09(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
But they said d election was peaceful
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by otokx(m): 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2019
yesloaded:
Not only due to violence, many were not paid

That is the real issue, INEC despite having the money refuse to pay adhoc staff.
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2019
It is well.
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by yesloaded: 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:

That is the real issue, INEC despite having the money refuse to pay adhoc staff.
They were treated like shiit

They slept inside classrooms, some couldn't bath on election day and at the end they don't get paid

2 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by princeade86(m): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
life dont get duplicate
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
But the Corp members tho, They need to start realizing that service is more like a para military job. They should be ready to die for the country if need be.

It’s in their anthem and oath. Pls
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by lonelydora: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
Corpers are beginning to have sense.
After all the training in school, you risk your life for mere 15k?

I will never type RIP for any Corper killed in election.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by Sociologie(m): 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
But there is any attack...winch kain news be this? undecided

1 Like

Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by BrownRoofRep: 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2019
Afonja terrorists are now learning from their Lords up north.
They are now terrorising their brown roof enclaves. cheesy
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by Iyajelili(f): 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
emailaddy:
But the Corp members tho, They need to start realizing that service is more like a para military job. They should be ready to die for the country if need be.

Really? Really??
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by BABANGBALI: 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
Na who wan die? Abeg ajepako bring my fried fish and gari ijebu bare. I ate nonsense
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by zoby225588: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2019
INEC OFFICE in Akwa-ibom BURNT down by hoodlums hours before ELECTION www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i4MXgH1upE&sns

for more election updates, subscribe freely
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by funmike83(f): 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
emailaddy:

So why didn't you die or even volunteer to go to borno to face boko Haram, abi you never serve ni?

Yeye, you siddon for one corner of your room dey chat rubbish
Re: INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack by 12inchDickson: 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
sparkleboy:
grin
Corpers don japa
After parents had spent millions to train them, They should now die for INEC abi?
Same thing is happening in Rivers state.
NYSC ad hoc staffs are staying indoors grin
my sister wey do for oyo last one no dey do again, corpers no we do for ogun too but they refused then their allowances so they have to do this one

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. / "Pay Your Tax Or Face Criminal Prosecution, Up To 5-years Jail Term" - Osinbajo / FG Disburses N5,000 Monthly Stipends To Katsina Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.