Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State (10839 Views)

The Newly Completed Olaiya Flyover In Osogbo, Osun State / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by Konquest: 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
Akorkor:
How I wish our government can spread their tentacles in establishing more companies to other states in Nigeria. Osogbo is one of the good place I can boast I have lived in Nigeria. Constant electricity, low crime rate, low cost of living, good life, average social life and nice environment to raise a child. I wish our train system is working well, I would have been living in osogbo and work in Lagos. I am not scared of putting things in fridge when I was in osogbo. In fact, some days I prayed there is light off because of frozen food.

If you can get a good job in osogbo, it’s a good place to live. I lived in a one bedroom flat that cost 150k then and I have also stayed in a room self contained before that cost 70k. Transportation as at that time was 30naira. I can leave my house at 7:30 and get to my place of work at 7:40. Sometime I leave work during lunch hour to come to house to eat. Life is good in osogbo and some other state.

Lagos is overrated. I hope people stop rating Nigeria based on their Lagos experience.
^^^^^
^^^^^
^^^^^
Constant electricity, low crime rate, low cost of living, good life, average social life and nice environment to raise a child. I wish our train system is working well, I would have been living in osogbo and work in Lagos. I am not scared of putting things in fridge when I was in osogbo. In fact, some days I prayed there is light off because of frozen food.

What then is the problem in Osun? undecided

The folks there should not be suffering economically
since there is constant electricity like you and 2 other
Nlanders above you have confirmed. smiley

That state should do away with the civil service
structure and industrialise more, with agribusiness
as a tool to rev up the living standards of her citizens
instead of some people waiting for government
salaries at the end of the month which can get
delayed!

Brilliant post from you!

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by shollay09(m): 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
sapoyoro:

are u from osogbo?
just based there
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by shollay09(m): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
SoftBread01:

Lol! Schooling o
ama drop by anytime am in town wink wink
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by sapoyoro(m): 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
shollay09:
just based there
alright brotherly.. I'm an osogbo indigene....not based there but parents are still there.
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by shollay09(m): 7:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
sapoyoro:

alright brotherly..
I'm an osogbo indigene....not based there but parents are still there.
oh that's cool...hope you still find time to check up on them once in a while!!!be safe bro
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by Barbiedoll1(f): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
SoftBread01:

Finally, I got there last night. Thanks once again for those tips you gave.
Alhamdulillah.
You're welcome sis smiley
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by Barbiedoll1(f): 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2019
HeWrites:

Transportation is now 50naira though.
Even korope?
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by HeWrites(m): 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2019
Barbiedoll1:

Even korope?

Yeah cheesy
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by SoftBread01: 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
Barbiedoll1:

Alhamdulillah.
You're welcome sis smiley
The environment is just too dusty which is not good for one's health.cry I'm already feeling feverish embarassed
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by SoftBread01: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
shollay09:
ama drop by anytime am in town wink wink

Hehehe! That's cool.
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by Barbiedoll1(f): 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2019
SoftBread01:
The environment is just too dusty which is not good for one's health.cry I'm already feeling feverish embarassed
Sorry dear.
Your first time there?
You'll definitely adjust with time.
Ensure you stay hydrated.
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by Barbiedoll1(f): 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
HeWrites:

Yeah cheesy

hehe. The famous korops.
it was 20 naira back then.
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by HeWrites(m): 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2019
Barbiedoll1:

hehe. The famous korops.
it was 20 naira back then.

Na dollar affect the price I guess grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by Jackofalltrade: 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
Osogbo was sweet and lovely.... I did nysc in the olorunda lg,the light was superb that my gen became as useless as the p in psychology. Food is very cheap,they are friendly to corps members,house rent is as cheap as anything.Truly its very economical to stay in Oshogbo but no money in the land,the state is best for relaxation when you have made the money. Make I know forget the big event centers for party especially those massive once along ring road,hotels and bars(e.g riverside,pavilion and those hot once in ogo oluwa area oboy I don dey forget there names small small ) are lovely and peaceful. Their traffic jam points are only 3 points 1)oke fia 2)that traffic light side 3)there main market in olorunda near first The best and Lagos standard eatery is fingerlicking 1big chicken part #800,if anyone can luckily secure a good job that pays 150k honestly you will enjoy as someone earning 450k in this over hyped Lagos

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by SoftBread01: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
Barbiedoll1:

Sorry dear.
Your first time there?
You'll definitely adjust with time.
Ensure you stay hydrated.

No, but my second time. My first time here was around October when I came for the school's screening. And I stayed for two days before returning to Lagos and then PH finally.

I just can't wait to get used to this place. You won't believe since I came in here, I haven't been able to eat anything except golden morn. I hope God saves me from being too sensitive and picky, lol.

Thanks ma.
I'll try to stay hydrated always.
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by etiregie: 8:19am On Dec 04, 2019
shollay09:
just based there

Hello, please I will like to know the various areas one can live in Osobgo.

With the best Electricity and security.

I'm thinking of relocating there.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by shollay09(m): 10:55am On Dec 04, 2019
etiregie:

Hello, please I will like to know the various areas one can live in Osobgo.

With the best Electricity and security.

I'm thinking of relocating there.

Thanks.
you don't have to worry about security cos osogbo is peaceful. But all the same, you can look out for areas like Dada Estate, Ogo-oluwa, Halleluyah Estate, Rinsayo etc...
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by mrnelsono(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
We supply quality palm oil Nationwide.....
Contact us for business and supply.

Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by phessyphemzzy(m): 10:36am On May 14, 2020
4w4eva:
Very cheap and you have constant light at least 23hours daily where I live. If you have your hand work or business, you'll enjoy Osogbo.Low crime rate but majorly civil servants city

Pls which area do you stay and what's the cost of rent for self con
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by mrnelsono(m): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Learn how to buy goods on China stores such as 1688, taobao and ship down to Nigeria. I also do procurement and alipay funding
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by striker07(m): 4:05am On Jun 08, 2020
Osogbo is a very cool place to live,some high points include very good power supply, low crime rate,nice and friendly environment, it's a good place to live for someone that may want to do business.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by Jamiuademola: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2020
Hello my Osogbo people please which AgroBusiness is the best to do in Osogbo or any good business if one like to stay in there.
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by sapoyoro(m): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Jamiuademola:
Hello my Osogbo people please which AgroBusiness is the best to do in Osogbo or any good business if one like to stay in there.
wasup bro..
u sent me a pm
but I don't really understand how nairaland DM work
how may I be of help to u sir.
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by sheepheart(f): 3:38am On Sep 28, 2020
sapoyoro:

wasup bro..
u sent me a pm
but I don't really understand how nairaland DM work
how may I be of help to u sir.
Can I have a word with you? If yes kindly send a PM or reply with your email address.
Thank you
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by sapoyoro(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2020
sheepheart:

Can I have a word with you? If yes kindly send a PM or reply with your email address.
Thank you
Alright sir
sapoyoro@gmail.com
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by SoftBread01: 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2020
Please, what's the current transport fare from Port Harcourt to Osun state by road?
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by SoftBread01: 6:19am On Nov 20, 2020
SoftBread01:
Please, what's the current transport fare from Port Harcourt to Osun state by road?

Please, someone should help me out here!
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by Krak(m): 6:55am On Nov 20, 2020
SoftBread01:

You can make enquiry at any motor park in Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by shollay09(m): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2020
SoftBread01:

the car park is your best option..... Sha bring my own bread when coming
Re: Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State by OVB123: 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2022
striker07:
Osogbo is a very cool place to live,some high points include very good power supply, low crime rate,nice and friendly environment, it's a good place to live for someone that may want to do business.
Do they still have stable power supply as at today? What about the purchasing power of the people?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Schengen Visa Not Used / Nigerian Airlines Lose Lucrative West Coast Routes / COVID-19: FG Approves N10 Billion Survival Fund For Transport Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.