Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes (14520 Views)

A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Under Attack? Put On The Whole Armour Of God - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by MuttleyLaff: 1:56am On Mar 12, 2019
jcross19:
speaking in tongue is not a criteria of born again or ticket to heaven is just gift of utterance like other gifts every one of us won't have the same gift.
In one sentence, please tell what is the purpose of the gift of speaking in tongue, and then back it up with scripture. Do this and I will reciprocate

jcross19:
I can see you have nothing to offer all you do is to post trash thinking you are making sense but you are not. I have given you a bible quotations to back my facts in accordance with your own quotation nailing your ignorance on the cross of shame .you lack bible knowledge.
Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune and its a shame, you are living in a fool's paradise because of it. All for the sake, of the need to perpetuate and carry on with your self-deception and mistaken impression of the gift of speaking in tongues. SMH.
What bible quotations did you give, and to what imaginary facts, huh?

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jcross19: 1:58am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvTVqWhssoM

What is a lie sir? Are you saying the devil doesnt understand every possible language, which is what tongues is, uttered by human beings, huh?. Are you trying to say the devil doesnt speak any language sir, huh? Is that it, sir, huh?
OK then, how many languages did you hear, that devil spoke there in the video clip you just watched above, huh? Dont answer the question, as I will help you along and tell you the answer(s)

The devil spoke in English language, when it said:"We are the ones who dwell within" & "and I am Lucifer, the devil in the flesh"
The devil spoke in Hebrew language, when it said: "I am the one who dwelt within CAIN!"
The devil spoke in Latin language, when it said: "I am the one who dwelt within NERO!"
The devil spoke in Greek language, when it said: "I once dwelt within JUDAS!"
The devil spoke in German Language, when it said:"I was with Legion."
The devil, in the same clip, spoke also in Assyrian Neo-Aramaic language, when it said: "I am Belial"

Now, I dont have to be the one to tell you that, the devil would have spoken in Aramaic language when he spoke directly to Jesus in the desert

"You know when I sit down and when I stand up; You understand my thoughts from far away."
- Psalm 139:2

"Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, "Why are you thinking these things?"
- Mark 2:8

"And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, "Why are you thinking evil in your hearts?"
- Matthew 9:4

For you to make this comment, I can tell you are not just only an empty wagon making a lot of noise, but you are also a confirmed and shameless blasphemer. Nwanne jcross19, there is only one person, who knows our thoughts and knows what we are thinking in our hearts or mind. That, one and only person is God, not and never is you.

"7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by the same Spirit,
9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,
10to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in various tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, who apportions them to each one as He determines.
"
- 1 Corinthians 12:7-11

Where you learned that the gift of prophecy, that is for the common good, is for hearing louder in your ear and reading other people's mind is worrisome

You dont cease to amaze me, with how you somersault, butcher and misunderstanding biblical narrative(s) and going by what you've typed here, I seriously doubt, you understand the Prince of Persia and Prince of Greece biblical narrative properly at all

If you had read and/or gone through each and every comment I've made on this thread, you would have noticed, I had already referenced and talked about Jude 1:20, Act 2:4, 1 Corinthians 12:10 and other extra more verses. I can provide you with signposted links of where I have, upon request.

Everything I have put forward is backed up with facts, truth and scriptures, but you and the rest, just want to argue because of your reliance on a crutch. You are dependent on the crutch, you need this stick fit under the arm, and to lean on for support because you have difficulty in the praying department, so you have to invent this fake gift of speaking in tongues, a reminiscence and variant of "Ọfọ̀ Asẹ" and/or "Ògèdè". This gift of speaking in tongues, is so cool, simple and straightforward but you guys have just to turn it on its head and into something else, and like I've earlier numerously said, turn it into glorified "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" and/or incantation recitations
what's the work of holy spirit?spirit of God is talking and you are talking poo.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jcross19: 2:02am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
In one sentence, please tell what is the purpose of the gift of speaking in tongue, and the back it up with scripture. Do this and I will reciprocate

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune and its a shame, you are living in a fool's paradise because of it. All for the sake, of the need to perpetuate and carry on with your self-deception and mistaken impression of the gift of speaking in tongues. SMH.
What bible quotations did you give, and to what imaginary facts, huh?
go back and check your mentions.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by MuttleyLaff: 2:02am On Mar 12, 2019
jcross19:
what's the work of holy spirit? spirit of God is talking and you are talking poo.
Keep your language in decorum please and stay within the subject
Now, reiterating, in one sentence, please tell what is the purpose of the gift of speaking in tongue, and then back it up with scripture. Do this and I will reciprocate
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jcross19: 2:05am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Now, reiterating, in one sentence, please tell what is the purpose of the gift of speaking in tongue, and then back it up with scripture. Do this and I will reciprocate
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by MuttleyLaff: 2:07am On Mar 12, 2019
jcross19:
nada
Cat got your tongue or are you tongue tied because all you posted is quoting me and an empty comment by you
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jcross19: 2:09am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
you and who is talking about the of speaking in tongue? if you want to argue please do that with the op okay. like I have said you lack holy spirit. ask for it He will give you that nonsense you are posting can't help you . you are showing your foolishness to the viewers of the thread. I stand upon the power of God and I can do anything. hearing your thought is very simple what about walking on the sea like my Jesus. Jesus says if believe Him I will do more than what He did.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jcross19: 2:11am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Cat got your tongue or are you tongue tied because all you posted is quoting me and an empty comment by you
you quoting bible with your logical shallow sense that's equal to poo.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jcross19: 2:16am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
very simple! all I need to do is to ask God tell me what's the mind of this people simple as that. am still laughing your ignorance.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by MuttleyLaff: 2:27am On Mar 12, 2019
jcross19:
very simple! all I need to do is to ask God tell me what's the mind of this people simple as that. am still laughing your ignorance.
See, with comments like this, it confirms, you are deranged, and that, you've gone cuckoo. Slow clap for youself, because that's the way to abuse and misuse the manifestation gifts of the Holy Spirit, right, isnt it?

jcross19:
you and who is talking about the of speaking in tongue?
What is your beef in all or whatever I've posted then, huh?
Whilst replying to that, reiterating, in one sentence, please tell what is the purpose of the gift of speaking in tongue, and then back it up with scripture. Do this and I will reciprocate

jcross19:
if you want to argue please do that with the op okay. like I have said you lack holy spirit. ask for it He will give you that nonsense you are posting can't help you. you are showing your foolishness to the viewers of the thread. I stand upon the power of God and I can do anything. hearing your thought is very simple what about walking on the sea like my Jesus. Jesus says if believe Him I will do more than what He did.
I am literally almost laughing my head off here. You are not just a comedian but you seemingly are a clown too. Look at you and listen to yourself. You are, all mouth and no trousers. You are pitiful. Bragging and pretending to have the appearance of godliness but it's all nothing but than just sheer contrivance. You are an overfed and overdeveloped egotistical person who has the ability to make another appear bad for your own inadequacies, misunderstanding and misinterpretation of scripture

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jcross19: 6:27am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
See, with comments like this, it confirms, you are deranged, and that, you've gone cuckoo. Slow clap for youself, because that's the way to abuse and misuse the manifestation gifts of the Holy Spirit, right, isnt it?

What is your beef in all or whatever I've posted then, huh?
Whilst replying to that, reiterating, in one sentence, please tell what is the purpose of the gift of speaking in tongue, and then back it up with scripture. Do this and I will reciprocate
like i have said i have nothing to argue with you continue walloping in your stupidity.

I am literally almost laughing my head off here. You are not just a comedian but you seemingly are a clown too. Look at you and listen to yourself. You are, all mouth and no trousers. You are pitiful. Bragging and pretending to have the appearance of godliness but it's all nothing but than just sheer contrivance. You are an overfed and overdeveloped egotistical person who has the ability to make another appear bad for your own inadequacies, misunderstanding and misinterpretation of scripture [/quote]bible says if I want to boast I should boast in God and am doing it ,am telling you capabilities of the power of God, you said I can't do it and I told you how I can do it then you term it bragging well okay . go for deliverance because you are possess with fooling demons If care is not taking you will become irredeemable. you need help brother. God bless you. you need witness the manifestation of the power of God. God and make research about story of Ayo babalola of CAC or baba akande of ede. in fact you lack holy spirit.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Jaynom(m): 8:03am On Mar 12, 2019
Philinho:

Understand me well.in addition to love,speaking in tongue is good.Jude 1:20........Praying in the holy ghost......And it is also a spiritual gift .1cor 12;10.
Pls study well about speaking in tongues..Act 2:4
PLS STUDY THE BIBLE
All the spiritual gifts are important! They are all important for the growth and sustenance of the church. Not everyone can speak in tongues not everyone can prophesy or perform miracles! The holy spirit shares all spiritual gifts equally for the growth of the church! Corinthians 13:13 says These Three shall Remain Faith, Hope & Love but the greatest of these is Love! Love is the only spiritual gift that is a necessity

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Philinho(m): 8:33am On Mar 12, 2019
Jaynom:

All the spiritual gifts are important! They are all important for the growth and sustenance of the church. Not everyone can speak in tongues not everyone can prophesy or perform miracles! The holy spirit shares all spiritual gifts equally for the growth of the church! Corinthians 13:13 says These Three shall Remain Faith, Hope & Love but the greatest of these is Love! Love is the only spiritual gift that is a necessity
We are talking about prayer here..speaking
in tongues starrted from Acts 2:4. as i said n it is important in addition to hope,faith n love.
read if you are born again ask the holy spirit to help you speak in new tongue.it helps. If you dnt want so be it.
thankss
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Philinho(m): 8:47am On Mar 12, 2019
jcross19:
can you show me where Bible says devil didn't understand speaking in tongue. became devil was an heavenly being because in the book job 1 verse1-18 where God and devil were talking in what language are they talking to each other. you better keep quiet . we remain too strong for devil because of the grace and power of God. devil that want to wage war against his creator?see if not that God is too powerful ,devil will over turn this world in second.
New tongue came in Act2;4 said n it is a heavenly language which no one understand according to 1Corinthians 14;2.
If you are filled the holy ghost,you speak in tongue.read Act 2:6
Also see Mark 16;17
Read your bible for more understanding
thanks.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Philinho(m): 8:52am On Mar 12, 2019
jcross19:
speaking in tongue is not a criteria of born again or ticket to heaven is just gift of utterance like other gifts every one of us won't have the same gift.
it is not a criteria etc..but it helps in building up your spiritual life.read Act 2;4,6. 1corith.14"2 mark 16:17
Thanks
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by MuttleyLaff: 9:13am On Mar 12, 2019
jcross19:
like i have said i have nothing to argue with you continue walloping in your stupidity.
.... bible says if I want to boast I should boast in God and am doing it, am telling you capabilities of the power of God, you said I can't do it and I told you how I can do it then you term it bragging well okay. go for deliverance because you are possess with fooling demons If care is not taking you will become irredeemable. you need help brother. God bless you. you need witness the manifestation of the power of God. God and make research about story of Ayo babalola of CAC or baba akande of ede. in fact you lack holy spirit.
You this Mr Mind Reader man, will you stop repeating and saying things I first, called and referred you to as, and trying to make it look as if it is you saying it, hmm?

Like, I said before, you already have 99 problems and are still confirming with this Ayo babalola of CAC or baba Akande of Ede comment that, low self esteem, inferiority complex and a sense of insecurity, are part of the 99 problems you have

My dear brother, listen, there is no need for you, to tell me anything, no need to brag or boast of the capabilities of the power of God and/or what you can do to me. God and great men are known and need no introductions. jcross19, you obviously arent familiar with Proverbs 27:2, that states: "Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth--a stranger, not your own lips" and dont realise that good men or women, dont have boast about how good they are, dont boast about what their value is, dont brag about ESP and/or their mind reading skill or pretending and so trying to convince others to believe, they have certain form of godliness, when in actual fact, lack the power thereof. You have proven that you are nothing more, than a star-struck wannabe, that you are, so please go sit down elsewhere quietly and lets hear word jor, if unable to reply, as I reiterate, and again, put it to you, that, in one sentence, please tell what is the purpose of the gift of speaking in tongue, and then back it up with scripture. Do this and I promise to reciprocate similar.

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by MuttleyLaff: 9:30am On Mar 12, 2019
Philinho:
in tongues starrted from Acts 2:4. as i said n it is important in addition to hope, faith n love.
read if you are born again ask the holy spirit to help you speak in new tongue.it helps. If you dnt want so be it.
thankss
There is a popular saying in the western part of Nigeria, that goes like this:
"Bi o ba nidi, obinrin kii nje Kumolu" loosely translated means "There is no smoke without fire"

So, there was a reason for the believers, to, on pentecost, miracuously speak in tongues and it is the same repeated reason, for the only two other miracle ocassions of speaking in tongues in the bible. The reason even stands today

Philinho:
New tongue came in Act2:4 said n it is a heavenly language which no one understand according to 1Corinthians 14;2.
Also see Mark 16;17
thanks.
Where in 1 Corinthians 14:2 did you see and read that tongue is a heavenly language which no one understand, huh?. You guys are just so fond of mixing your own interpretations and ideas with the teachings of the Bible and saying things the bible doesnt itself say, hmm?

Philinho:
it is not a criteria etc..but it helps in building up your spiritual life. Read Act 2:4,6. 1 corith.14:2, Mark 16:17
Thanks
All you did with those verses, is proof texting, for the sheer sake of advancing and introducing your presuppositions, agendas, and/or biases, so why not let's make this simple with this below, hmm?
So, in one sentence Philinho, please tell what is the purpose of the gift of speaking in tongue, and then back it up with scripture. Do this and I promise to reciprocate similar.

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Jaynom(m): 10:02am On Mar 12, 2019
Philinho:

in tongues starrted from Acts 2:4. as i said n it is important in addition to hope,faith n love.
thankss
Uncle ALL SPIRITUAL GIFTS ARE IMPORTANT & LOVE is the greatest! Shikenan! Read the whole of Acts 2 don't just read a portion. Then read the whole of 1Corinthians 12. Then read 1Corinthians 13 all of it. Don't just read it with your preconceived biases. UNDERSTAND those chapters! Scriptures tell you what to do, you and your pastors cannot "tell" Scriptures what it should say
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Jaynom(m): 10:11am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
There is a popular saying in the western part of Nigeria, that goes like this:
"Bi o ba nidi, obinrin kii nje Kumolu" loosely translated means "There is no smoke without fire"

So, there was a reason for the believers, to, on pentecost, miracuously speak in tongues and it is the same repeated reason, for the only two other miracle ocassions of speaking in tongues in the bible. The reason even stands today

Where in 1 Corinthians 14:2 did you see and read that tongue is a heavenly language which no one understand, huh?. You guys are just so fond of mixing your own interpretations and ideas with the teachings of the Bible and saying things the bible doesnt itself say, hmm?

All you did with those verses, is proof texting, for the sheer sake of advancing and introducing your presuppositions, agendas, and/or biases, so why not let's make this simple with this below, hmm?
So, in one sentence Philinho, please tell what is the purpose of the gift of speaking in tongue, and then back it up with scripture. Do this and I promise to reciprocate similar.
I don Taya to dey reply the guy

1 Like

Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by MuttleyLaff: 10:17am On Mar 12, 2019
Jaynom:
I don Taya to dey reply the guy
Jaynom leave both of these two. I have their numbers and I have time for both of them.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jcross19: 11:20am On Mar 12, 2019
Philinho:

New tongue came in Act2;4 said n it is a heavenly language which no one understand according to 1Corinthians 14;2.
Also see Mark 16;17
thanks.
then asked you which language was God used to communicated with Satan when he came before God in book job 1vs 1-16.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 7:59pm On May 15, 2021
Evening
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 9:34pm On May 28, 2021
Christ Jesus
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 7:30am On May 29, 2021
Morning
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 7:09pm On May 29, 2021
Yeah..
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2021
Yes
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 9:49am On Jun 04, 2021
Lord Jesus
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by God2man2again(m): 10:55am On Jun 04, 2021
jiggaz:
We are living in increasingly dangerous times, thereby leading us to feel stressed, anxious and worried.
We don't know if there will be a world war three before Jesus comes back.
But one thing is for sure: we need to know the promises of Psalm 91.
There is a place in Christ that we can be protected.

Acts 2:1-4 - On the birthday of the church, the first present that God gave them is a prayer language.
The Law was also given on the Day of Pentecost and there was fire on Mount Sinai.
When the Holy Spirit came, He also came as tongues of fire.
When the Law was given, 3000 people died.
When the Holy Spirit came, Peter preached and 3000 people were saved.
The letter (the Law) kills but the Spirit gives life.

“When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” (Acts 2:1-4 NKJV)

The Father always loved His Son Jesus. Jesus obeyed the Father perfectly.
The book of Isaiah says that it pleased the Father to crush Jesus at the cross because of His great love for us.

The Law demands righteousness from man, whereas Grace supplies righteousness to man.

Acts 2:11-13 - It's no longer about how bad man is, but about how good God is.
It's no longer about the puny works of man, but about the wonderful works of God.
When you pray in tongues, you are proclaiming the wonderful works of God and enlarging your spirit.

“Cretans and Arabs--we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.” So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?” Others mocking said, “They are full of new wine.”” (Acts 2:11-13 NKJV)

Pray in #tongues whenever you can! You never know what protection you are receiving or what destiny is being shaped for you as you pray it in faith. #Holy angels war against demonic powers when you yield your tongue to the Holy Spirit! ?

The gift of tongues is a weapon and is also an instrument that God has given to us.
If God tells you in advance about an accident that may befall you in the future and to pray against it in your spoken language, it can cause you to be afraid.
But when you pray in tongues you don't know what you are praying for so you won't be worried.

I Corinthians 14:2 - When you are praying in tongues you are speaking to God!
When you are praying in tongues it is the Holy Spirit in you that is praying.
It is the Holy Spirit who gives you the words, it is not from your brain.

“For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.” (I Corinthians 14:2 NKJV)

I Corinthians 14:4 - When you pray in tongues you are being edified: constructing, building up and repairing a house/building, which is your body.
Sometimes the devil comes and tells you to stop praying in tongues and that you are just making it up.
He wants to rob you of your health.

“He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.” (I Corinthians 14:4 NKJV)

I Corinthians 6:19 - Your body is a building - a temple.
Your body is the Holy of Holies and God wants His temple clean, beautiful and holy.
Good news - Your face is also part of the temple of God, so God can repair it and maintain your youth and beauty when you pray in tongues!

“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?” (I Corinthians 6:19 NKJV)

When you are praying in tongues you are speaking to God! When you are praying in tongues it is the Holy Spirit in you that is praying. It is the Holy Spirit who gives you the words, it is not from your brain.
When you are praying in tongues you are speaking to God! When you are praying in tongues it is the Holy Spirit in you that is praying. It is the Holy Spirit who gives you the words, it is not from your brain.

Praying in Tongues Helps Us to Rest and Be Refreshed

I Corinthians 14:21-22 - Some believers won't believe in the gift of tongues.

“In the law it is written: “With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me,” says the Lord. Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.” (I Corinthians 14:21-22 NKJV)

Isaiah 28:11-12 - The words "the rest" in the verse is the Hebrew word "menuchah".
The book of Daniel says that the spirit of the antichrist will wear out the saints in the end times.
One of things that the devil does is try to stress and wear you out.

“For with stammering lips and another tongue He will speak to this people, To whom He said, “This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest,” And, “This is the refreshing”; Yet they would not hear.” (Isaiah 28:11-12 NKJV)

Psalm 95:11 - The word "rest" is also the Hebrew word "menuchah".

“So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”” (Psalms 95:11 NKJV)

God wants us to labor to enter into His rest.
Sometimes praying in tongues feels like a labor.
You pray and pray but nothing seems to be happening, except you having a dry mouth.
The devil will keep telling you to stop it and that you're just making it up.
But long before God removes that disease, that problem etc, the first few days, God is dealing with your fears, anxieties and worries first.

You cannot deal with supernatural problems like the devil's attacks by using natural means.
Natural means like popping pills, going for massages, smelling essential oils may temporarily relieve the pain but it doesn't solve it permanently.
When you pray in tongues, it supernaturally unties the knots in your body that are caused by the devil.

The date where the Ark that Noah built rested on Mount Ararat is the same date that Jesus rose from the dead.
Rest is not possible until Jesus rose from the dead.

The Church is the most powerful organization in the universe and it is eternal - we will be forever.

This world won't be destroyed by a nuclear holocaust. This world won't be conquered by any man. Jesus will return!

Praying in Tongues is a Weapon that Supernaturally Cleanses Our Bodies

II Chronicles 29:3-9 - King Ahaz was a wicked king of Israel. He was an idol worshipper and one of the first things he did was to shut the doors of the temple of God.
As a result, Israel was plunged into darkness and women and children had all kinds of bad things happening to them.
Then King Ahaz died and his son King Hezekiah became one of the most holiest kings of Israel.
One of the first things King Hezekiah did when he became king was that he opened the doors of the temple.
Only when the doors are opened then can you get rid of the filth inside.
Today the temple is our body and the door of the temple is our mouth.
We can open the door and get rid of the filth within us by praying in tongues.
When you stop praying in tongues, the lamp goes out and you don't receive revelation.

“In the first year of his reign, in the first month, he opened the doors of the house of the LORD and repaired them. He brought in the priests and the Levites and gathered them into the square on the east. Then he said to them, "Listen to me, O Levites. Consecrate yourselves now, and consecrate the house of the LORD, the God of your fathers, and carry the uncleanness out from the holy place. For our fathers have been unfaithful and have done evil in the sight of the LORD our God, and have forsaken Him and turned their faces away from the dwelling place of the LORD, and have turned their backs. They have also shut the doors of the porch and put out the lamps, and have not burned incense or offered burnt offerings in the holy place to the God of Israel. Therefore the wrath of the LORD was against Judah and Jerusalem, and He has made them an object of terror, of horror, and of hissing, as you see with your own eyes. For behold, our fathers have fallen by the sword, and our sons and our daughters and our wives are in captivity for this.” (2 Chronicles 29:3-9 NASB)

Psalms 141:3 - This is proof that the mouth is the door.

“Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.” (Psalms 141:3 NKJV)

Never take lightly someone who is suffering from depression.
They are really suffering and they get evil imaginations of bad things happening in their future.

II Chronicles 29:16-17 - They brought out all the unclean things over many days. It didn't happen instantaneously. It took time.
Your problems may take time to be removed, but continue to pray in tongues.

“So the priests went in to the inner part of the house of the LORD to cleanse it, and every unclean thing which they found in the temple of the LORD they brought out to the court of the house of the LORD. Then the Levites received it to carry out to the Kidron valley. Now they began the consecration on the first day of the first month, and on the eighth day of the month they entered the porch of the LORD. Then they consecrated the house of the LORD in eight days, and finished on the sixteenth day of the first month.” (2 Chronicles 29:16-17 NASB)

Isaiah 41:15-16 - If you find it hard to have the faith to speak to the mountain and have it removed immediately, God has graciously provided another way to remove the mountain - to cut the mountain away gradually .
The word "teeth" in the Hebrew means "double mouth". It is referring to praying in tongues.
When you pray in tongues, it is cutting away the mountain over time and eventually it will disappear.

““Behold, I will make you into a new threshing sledge with sharp teeth; You shall thresh the mountains and beat them small, And make the hills like chaff. You shall winnow them, the wind shall carry them away, And the whirlwind shall scatter them; You shall rejoice in the LORD, And glory in the Holy One of Israel.” (Isaiah 41:15-16 NKJV)

John 10:22-23 - Solomon's porch is where Jesus' miracles were done.

“Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch.” (John 10:22-23 NKJV)

Acts 3:11 - The gate called "Beautiful" is believed by many to be the Eastern Gate that is sealed. The lame man was healed in Solomon's porch.

“Now as the lame man who was healed held on to Peter and John, all the people ran together to them in the porch which is called Solomon’s, greatly amazed.” (Acts 3:11 NKJV)

Acts 5:12-16 - They were all healed in Solomon's Porch. Pastor Prince believes that we should aim to pray in tongues until as a church, we reach that level of manifestation where no one is sick!

“And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon’s Porch. Yet none of the rest dared join them, but the people esteemed them highly. And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women, so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them. Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.” (Acts 5:12-16 NKJV)

At the end of the service, Pastor Prince prayed a prayer of impartation for everyone to receive the gift of tongues:
Be confident that you have received the gift of tongues.
Be baptized and inundated by the Holy Spirit and be filled to the full with the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit won't force you to pray in tongues.
You are in control of when to start and when to stop.
Pray in tongues and when you are faithful with the few syllables that God has given you, He will give you more and more words.
You can also sing in tongues.

https://www.miltongoh.net/miltons-blog/praying-in-tongues-pastor-joseph-prince-sermon-notes

Kinda waiting for this message. Thanks for posting.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
God2man2again:

Kinda waiting for this message. Thanks for posting.
Oh!! That's nice... You're welcome.
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
Evening
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 8:26am On Jun 07, 2021
Yes. ...
Re: Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by jiggaz(m): 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
Now..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rev. Chris Okotie’s Got A Love Child After 3 Abortions / What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / 2019 Intercessory Prayer Guidelines - Winners Prayer Points 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.