Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? (22975 Views)

Various Ghanaian Dishes / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Food/Meals? / Favourite Nigerian Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by snazzydawn(f): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2005
My bestest mealllll is.......garri soaked in cold water with sugar,taken with groundnuts,coconut or avocado pear.I wouldn't mind eating that three times a day.I am eating it now sef. grin u wan try?
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by damygurl(f): 6:12am On Dec 16, 2005
omoade:

Food. My favourite subject.

Pounded Yam with Egusi Ijebu and Goat meat
Pounded Yam with Ila Asepo and smoked fish and orisirisi (assorted meat)
Ikokore with smoked fish
Amala with Gbegiri
Peppered snail
Good old gari and suya
Dundun and Dodo with ata dindin

Aah. Off to make some lunch. grin
now u making me hungry! i luv dundun alata. Omg! peppered snail! dats 4 shizzle!
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Txlonghorn(m): 6:23am On Dec 16, 2005
WOW...... Thanks a lot guys this post just made me so hungry it's not even funny.The worst thing is that am currently in Layton Utah in an Army base for the next month and there is no Nigerian food or store around what a shame.
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by damygurl(f): 6:35am On Dec 16, 2005
don't worry i got lots of connection and i got diz cool phone dat allows you to send food through it so i'm just gon give ya call and poof u got all d nigerian food u can eat!
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Txlonghorn(m): 6:51am On Dec 16, 2005
Very sweet of you friend,wish it's that simple.
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by damygurl(f): 6:54am On Dec 16, 2005
me too but don't worry b4 u know it u r back at home
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Txlonghorn(m): 6:59am On Dec 16, 2005
Yeah but when I get back to Fort Hood I'll be shipping out to Kuwait just my luck.
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Txlonghorn(m): 7:00am On Dec 16, 2005
The bright side is that i get to spend Christmas states side.
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by damygurl(f): 3:00am On Dec 17, 2005
kool!Merry Christmas!
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Txlonghorn(m): 3:43am On Dec 17, 2005
Marry Christmas to you too damygurl, very kind of you.
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by truthhurts(f): 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2006
embarassed embarassed embarassed i love any thing and everything edible but i wud go 4 garri and suya anytime shocked shocked shocked
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by loriann(f): 12:57pm On Jan 22, 2006
dont think i have any but i prefer junk anyway to moi they r more satisfying
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by snazzydawn(f): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2006
lawdy lawd!!!junk?!!!
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Helly(f): 10:27am On Jan 26, 2006
Well, my favorite nigerian dish are: rice & stew with fried plantain, hot & soft eba with ogbonor, vegetable or bitterleave soup, beans with fried plantain, yam with fried egg, tuwo with beans soup, i'll also go for fufu with any soup. i dont like pounded yam.
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by snazzydawn(f): 10:35am On Jan 26, 2006
you be reeeeeaaal Naija chica!!!!big ups!!!
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by naijacutie(f): 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2006
Hands down the best dish for me: Abacha! Yum! My aunt in Enugu prepares it like no man's business. Hm, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it... smiley
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by IAH(f): 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2006
naijacutie:

Hands down the best dish for me: Abacha! Yum! My aunt in Enugu prepares it like no man's business. Hm, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it... smiley

Please what sort of food is called Abacha? shocked shocked Kindly educate me!
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by naijacutie(f): 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2006
It's basically cooked and shredded Cassava root. It's mixed with palm oil, crayfish, and good spices. It's quite tasty when it's well prepared. Another name for it is Atulatu. I highly recommend that you try it if you can get your hands on some! smiley smiley
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Hotstepper(f): 12:39am On Feb 04, 2006
not a food person and 9ja food person but one 9ja food i enjoy is rice and ofe akwu...banga soup as sum know..hope i spelt it right tongue
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2006
Abacha. Ugba (did i spell that right?), oha soup (with the leaves intact!),
Egusi with pounded yam.

suya!!!!!!!!!
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Hotstepper(f): 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2006
davidylan, i ate abacha yesterday cuz ma mom brought it back when she came back 4rom 9eria and hmmm i loveeeeeeee suya and oha soup is ma bestttttttttttt kiss
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 05, 2006
Ah abeg! make una no make my mouth water...ki lode

how did u get the abacha? do they sell it hear? what of the crayfish and palm oil u add to it?

o God send some mallams to my street! Amen!
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Hotstepper(f): 4:05am On Feb 05, 2006
@davidylan..ahahhaa she came back with da abacha and other things but all these things, they sell it here except 4 abacha i haven't seen here...AFRICAN STORES r like in every corner here...am in toronto and if u have visited here, u know wat am talking about but if u haven't, itz da most diversed city in da world so everything is here..u don't need 2 go 2 india 2 taste all their food cuz its here..diz place is really kool...am loving itttttt..even caribbean stores carry african food stuffs now plus 9ja moves cry
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by cutiepie18(f): 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2006
hmm,kinda very hard to choose cuz i love almost all nigeria food anywaz am gonna have to go with:fried rice and dodo(yall should try the chinese combination fried rice itz da bomb.
then i also like amala with egusi soup. suya,meatpie,tuwo,kunu,ebiripo- i miss ebiripo sooooooooooo much can't wait till i go to naija.
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Outkast(f): 10:32pm On Feb 06, 2006
Owo and plantain or yam, pounded yam and egusi soup,jollof rice with dodo, efo rire and anything,I'm hungry cry cry cry
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by kemmy(f): 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2006
I'm having a feeling of deja vu with all these posts,
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by Skidoc(m): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2006
kemmy:

I'm having a feeling of d[b]eja[/b] vu with all these posts,

You mean you like EJA (fish)? I like it too. grin
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by bebe6(f): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2006
Owo and plantains, eba, pounded yams n amala with any of the followin soups; Eguisi, Ogbono, Okro, Edikaikon. Pigeon beans[known as Elene in Auchi, these are yum], Beans, fried fish, jollof rice, porridge and not to forget my special Fried rice. still like Peppersoup,Ishewu now i'm really hungry

I've never had any Nigerian dishes sad

Awaits you to prepare these dishes so I can try each of them grin
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by sweetpea(f): 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2006
Anything would do for me,so long as the food is palatable.
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by nikinash(f): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2006
I've never had any Nigerian dishes

men u don miss better thing.

my all thime fav is amala and ewedu or okro or gbegiri with correct fresh fish or goat meat. kai!!!!
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by bebe6(f): 4:12am On Mar 01, 2006
still waiting for someone to cook me a Nigerian dish or two, or three, etc. sad sad
Re: Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? by MochaLatte(f): 1:39am On Mar 02, 2006
I must admit, the only thing I like Nigerian is plantain. I cook them all the time. I am black American and was married to a Nigerian for about 7 months, that's another story in itself.

One day I came home and he said that he had cooked some stew with red sauce. I knew he had cooked something because the smell met me at the front door! It was during the middle of the winter and the house was so hot from all these spices!! I opened the pot and there was this WHOOSH of HOT HOT spices that came at me!
After I regained consciousness and my sight came back, I saw there was this thing that looked like a FOOT in there! I said, "Hey ------, What is this thing in here"? He said, "It's chicken legs and beef feet." I was like "A COW'S FOOT?!! Awe HELL NAW! I ain't eatin' NO FOOT!!!" He piled his plate with rice and stew, and sucked every last foot in the pot dry!
That night, I had hotdogs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Assorted Driinks / Affordable Professional Website For Your Business / What Food Makes You Purge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.