Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Life Lessons From The Banana Trees In My Compound - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life Lessons From The Banana Trees In My Compound (385 Views)

Is It True That Witches Use Trees As Their Covens? / Tunde Bakare: "Any Graduate Looking For Job Is A Compound Fool" / 5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Lessons From The Banana Trees In My Compound by joromi36(f): 6:21am On Mar 10, 2019
Sometimes last year, Dad planted about 4 banana trees. The first two were planted just at the front yard where the goats in my compound wouldn't be able to eat it and disturb its growth since we demarcated the front yard from the back yard.

By then, the first two banana's started growing gradually, it's leaves started sprouting and spreading gleefully.

However one afternoon, when we mistakingly left the mini gate to the back yard open, the goats came and ate it all up and even ate some of its stem.

Note; This reminded me of how the enemy keeps constant prey on our destinies and tries to snap it off from us.

However the banana's kept growing. Their leaves came out again but later rain fell and a heavy wind blew and broke off these mini trees and guess what, both of them broke and one died.

However one of the two that broke, started sprouting up a new plant.

Note; that also reminds me of how we should always rise up no matter how many times we fall. We should always KEEP HOPE ALIVE.

Some days later, Dad eradicated the goats and two new banana trees were brought into the backyard.

And guess what? These trees sprouted up fast! As a result of the soil manure and how rich and fertile the ground was. They even grew more than the first two.

BUT, when the rain came in March and the wind blew, these last two banana trees in the backyard automatically uprooted!

And that thought me a major lesson! NEVER YOU IGNORE THE PROCESSES YOU ARE PASSING THROUGH.

For every process God takes you to pass through there is a lesson to be learnt!

If these last two banana trees had gone through the challenges the first two passed through, I'm sure they would have had enough energy to withstand the challenge.

I'm sure when the last two banana trees were growing tall and fast, the first one was complaining to his maker why he is where he is now! But the first one was able to keep hope alive, and pass through every stage and hurdle life throws at it. He kept up at the pace of his master.

Let me ask. I HOPE YOU AREN'T RUNNING FASTER THAN GOD? I HOPE YOU AREN'T DODGING THE PROCESSES YOU HAVE TO PASS THROUGH?

Think about this. May God grant us the grace to walk with him in Jesus name!

source; www.zibahstories.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Lessons From The Banana Trees In My Compound by hisgrace090: 7:03am On Mar 10, 2019
Nice observation.

As believers we need constant separation and protection from predators to make it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airlines: God Was Drinking Beer, He Couldn’t Save Victims - Atheist / Who Is God? / Adefarasin, Creflo Dollar, Wayne Malcolm, JJ Hairston, Others For Word Conferenc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.