Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes (2157 Views)

Hoodlums Steal Obafemi Awolowo’s Glasses From Statue As Looting Continues / Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Timekeeper: 6:43am On Mar 10, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, I would love to know what they two contributed from their respective tribe in Nigeria..
What influence did they have in their tribe?
What have they sow in their respective tribe that we are now enjoying?
What are their flaws?
Who is more respected?
Who is the best Nigeria has ever had?

No insult Pls oooo, just that I'm curious about history. I hope this thread wunt turn to war zone abeg... Asking for their achievements doesn't concern my tribe, be proud of your ancestors and Pls kindly tell our their achievements

Cc: Moderators Pls stop deleting my topics, Pls stay off my thread, don't delete.. It's becoming to much
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Let124: 6:44am On Mar 10, 2019
Please read below
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 10, 2019
Tribalists will end up hijacking this thread!
Just watch...

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by bigpicture001: 6:53am On Mar 10, 2019
The two men.should be judge as nationalist and not tribalist...

Its very clear..this is coming from.a yoruba person...wanting to praise tribalism....grow up ppl of south west..war is long over!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Timekeeper: 6:55am On Mar 10, 2019
bigpicture001:
The two men.should be judge as nationalist and not tribalist...

Its very clear..this is coming from.a yoruba person...wanting to praise tribalism....grow up ppl of south west..war is long over!!!!!

Forget who the post is coming from abeg

How does asking for their achievements concern my tribe or r u scared of your ancestors achievement?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by helinues: 6:56am On Mar 10, 2019
Tribal bashing loading.

Make I waka pass
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 10, 2019
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by helinues: 6:58am On Mar 10, 2019
Baba071:
Solutions center

You know by now you should be competing with Dangote in terms of money...

Hungry people everywhere.
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by bigpicture001: 7:00am On Mar 10, 2019
Timekeeper:

Forget who the post is coming from abeg

How does asking for their achievements concern my tribe or r u scared of your ancestors achievement?

They are nationalist and not tribalist...so stop the promotion of tribalism....

I can bet my balls ur a yoruba..hence u want to play u ppl's normal tribalistic card..

Grow up ! War is long over in 1970!!!!!
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Timekeeper: 7:05am On Mar 10, 2019
bigpicture001:

They are nationalist and not tribalist...so stop the promotion of tribalism....

I can bet my balls ur a yoruba..hence u want to play u ppl's normal tribalistic card..

Grow up ! War is long over in 1970!!!!!

I can sense your fear....

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by stifej: 7:05am On Mar 10, 2019
Timekeeper:
Hello Nairalanders, I would love to know what they two contributed from their respective tribe in Nigeria..
What are their flaws?
Who is more respected?

No insult Pls oooo, just that I'm curious about history. I hope this thread wunt turn to war zone abeg... Asking for their achievements doesn't concern my tribe, be proud of your ancestors and Pls kindly tell our their achievements

Cc: Moderators Pls stop deleting my topics, Pls stay off my thread, don't delete.. It's becoming to much
You can get all the information you seek on Google, this thread will just turn to another football field for the ethnic jingoists

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:13am On Mar 10, 2019
you opened a thread like this and you said no insults....e be like say you no well

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by franchasng: 7:24am On Mar 10, 2019
I am Igbo and I will say the truth: Nnamdi Azikiwe is one of the problems we have in Igbo land when it comes to national politics in Nigeria.

Azikiwe was a failure to Igbo people and that is why Igbos don't celebrate Azikiwe, but rather celebrate Ojukwu whom Yorubas think pushed Igbos to civil war.

Let me enlighten you all, Ojukwu saved Igbos from total annihilation from Nigeria by declaring to secede from Nigeria in 1966 prior to the northern pogrom against great Igbos living in the northern states.

Ojukwu restored our pride and if not for Britain, Biafra won Nigeria few months to the war, the civil war wouldn't have lasted up to 2 years if not for Britain, don't argue, ask your sincere elders or read Nigerian civil war history books written by foreign journalists or watch the war documentaries by foreign medias too.

So Azikiwe is a failure to Igbo tribe!

Igbo soldiers in the 1960s loved Awolowo more than Azikiwe.

Even though Yoruba media and history peddlers and Lagos Ibadan media liars won't let the younger Yoruba population to know the truth that what caused the first coup was massive corruption and tribal-religious leadership style of Tafawa Belewa (just like Buhari's bias leadership style) that pushed the young military chaps mostly from Southeastern Nigeria to stage a coup with the sole intention of removing Tafawa Belewa, silencing Akintola Williams and releasing Awolowo from Enugu jail and to make same Awolowo President whom the young Igbo soldiers believed was a better leader than Tafawa Belewa, Azikiwe and Akintola.

The same thing is happening now; majority of Igbos prefer Prof. Osinbajo to become Nigeria's President as they see Osinbajo as a better leader than tribalistic Buhari, and if this was in the 1960s, take it or leave it, Buhari would have been removed through military coup.

So Awolowo brought more development to his region than Azikiwe the failed nationalist!

In today's politics,

Buhari = Tafawa Belewa

Osinbajo = Awolowo

Rochas (hated by Igbos ) = Azikiwe

Tinubu = Akintola

Peter Obi (loved by Igbos) = Ojukwu

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by oyebanji44: 7:31am On Mar 10, 2019
grin grin
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by SEGLIZ: 7:58am On Mar 10, 2019
lazy youth everywhere. willing to boast of their ancestors handover but not willing to handover to their successors.
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by PFRB: 8:14am On Mar 10, 2019
Lazy OP. Lazy thread.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by SEGLIZ: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2019
Timekeeper:
What are their flaws?
Who is more respected?

if you don't want your thread deleted, create your own forum then you can chest beat.
they rule and control this forum, this is their own workshop and won't allow someone like to pour sandsand for their gari.
they decide who is who in this forum so stop your chest beating. if they delete this your post what would you do? close down the forum!?
ibeg moderators where unna dey o, make zoom to with immediate effect o.
cc Lalasticlala
forget snake matter for report for duty.
cc mynd44
report duty samsam
cc Seun oooooooooooooooooooooooo
óyá ògá àgbà fall in for duty, isé tidé ooo.
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by T051N(m): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2019
This shouldn't be allowed. It is dumb and tribalistic. Should be taken down immediately, this are the type of conversation we need to stop.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Timekeeper: 8:28am On Mar 10, 2019
franchasng:
I am Igbo and I will say the truth: Nnamdi Azikiwe is one of the problems we have in Igbo land when it comes to national politics in Nigeria.

Azikiwe was a failure to Igbo people and that is why Igbos don't celebrate Azikiwe, but rather celebrate Ojukwu whom Yorubas think pushed Igbos to civil war.

Let me enlighten you all, Ojukwu saved Igbos from total annihilation from Nigeria by declaring to secede from Nigeria in 1966 prior to the northern pogrom against great Igbos living in the northern states.

Ojukwu restored our pride and if not for Britain, Biafra won Nigeria few months to the war, the civil war wouldn't have lasted up to 2 years if not for Britain, don't argue, ask your sincere elders or read Nigerian civil war history books written by foreign journalists or watch the war documentaries by foreign medias too.

Even though Yoruba media and history peddlers and Lagos Ibadan media liars won't let the younger Yoruba population to know the truth that what caused the first coup was massive corruption and tribal-religious leadership style of Tafawa Belewa (just like Buhari's bias leadership style) that pushed the young military chaps mostly from Southeastern Nigeria to stage a coup with the sole intention of removing Tafawa Belewa, silencing Akintola Williams and releasing Awolowo from Enugu jail and to make same Awolowo President whom the young Igbo soldiers believed was a better leader than Tafawa Belewa, Azikiwe and Akintola.

The same thing is happening now; majority of Igbos prefer Prof. Osinbajo to become Nigeria's President as they see Osinbajo as a better leader than tribalistic Buhari, and if this was in the 1960s, take it or leave it, Buhari would have been removed through military coup.

So Awolowo brought more development to his region than Azikiwe the failed nationalist!

In today's politics,

Buhari = Tafawa Belewa

Osinbajo = Awolowo

Tinubu = Akintola

Thanks I'm learning

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by babyfaceafrica: 8:36am On Mar 10, 2019
tribalist
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Uncleluke1(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2019
The both of them failed including belewa, they had the opportunity to put our country on the right path but they chose their selfishness

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 10, 2019
Nnamdi azikiwe did nothing good for igbos, in fact he is the cause of their problems today, awolowo on the other hand has no match, in fact no Yoruba living or dead can can surpass him in the uplifting Yoruba race.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Bedotfarms: 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
I should be creating my thread soon to enlighten few of us.

I'll go with the Northerners, that the first coup was deliberately master minded by Aguyi Johnson executed by Nzeogu Kaduna:

Simply because justice didn't prevail if you say you're fighting corruption (when Nzeogu killed all the northern politicians including the first Prime Minister of Nigeria, sir Tafawa) why was Nnamdi not killed, na so e get power reach.... The Sardauna of Sokoto went for it.

I've met a lot of igbos. Hmmmmm

Please, let the educated ones try to encourage those that have refused to read.

All this beer parlor stories are actually affecting the country.

To solve a problem, you need to have an understanding about the problem.

You'll hear something like, the hausas were killing the igbos in the north, that was what led to the Biafra war..... How could someone in his/her sound state just killing....

Devolve power of the federal government and give its to the states......let each state starts feeding herself.....

To be continued.
Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
I am Yoruba but these kinds of comparison breed tribal fights coz each tribe will like to defend their leaders.

What do you want to achieve with the question OP?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by JonDon12: 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
I think the OP must be insecure to be starting this kind of post. Think and stand on what YOU can do for youself, not what your other tribe members have done.

Anyway, Zik was the man in Africa. Awolowo abandoned his people, If you wan know the truth sha.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
JonDon12:
I think the OP must be insecure to be starting this kind of post. Think and stand on what YOU can do for youself, not what your other tribe members have done.

Anyway, Zik was the man in Africa. Awolowo abandoned his people, If you wan know the truth sha.

While I do not want to engage in tribal slur, you lied @the bolded statement.

It was on record that Azikwe betrayed his kinsmen during Biafra war, infact he abandoned his people.

Obafemi Awolowo all through his life fought for the Yoruba nation, infact he really never started by liking the north, Azikwe was the betrayer that sold out the southern Nigeria to the North.

Awolowo had to fight his kinsmen (Akintola) and told him the danger of associating with the north. You guys problem is that you don't know history or maybe you are distorting history on purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Olatunji1929: 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
Bedotfarms:
I should be creating my thread soon to enlighten few of us.

I'll go with the Northerners, that the first coup was deliberately master minded by Aguyi Johnson executed by Nzeogu Kaduna:

Simply because justice didn't prevail if you say you're fighting corruption (when Nzeogu killed all the northern politicians including the first Prime Minister of Nigeria, sir Tafawa) why was Nnamdi not killed, na so e get power reach.... The Sardauna of Sokoto went for it.

I've met a lot of igbos. Hmmmmm

Please, let the educated ones try to encourage those that have refused to read.

All this beer parlor stories are actually affecting the country.

To solve a problem, you need to have an understanding about the problem.

You'll hear something like, the hausas were killing the igbos in the north, that was what led to the Biafra war..... How could someone in his/her sound state just killing....

Devolve power of the federal government and give its to the states......let each state starts feeding herself.....

To be continued.
rubbish go and read why we struck by ademola ademoyega one of the soldiers that masterminded the first coup

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikwe Vs Obafemi Awolowo Achievement For Their Tribes by Ojiofor: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
franchasng:
[s]I am Igbo and I will say the truth: Nnamdi Azikiwe is one of the problems we have in Igbo land when it comes to national politics in Nigeria.

In today's politics,

Buhari = Tafawa Belewa

Osinbajo = Awolowo

Tinubu = Akintola

[/s]

Silence is the best answer to a fool.Take note!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Mission, Location Of 15 Chinese Who Came To Nigeria Revealed / Isa Funtua Told Me That He's The Cabal Controlling Buhari's Government- Sowore / Shooting At US White House: Trump Whisked Out By Secret Service Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.