Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,580 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections (795 Views)

2023 Elections Are An Improvement On 2003, 2007 And 2019 Elections - Reno Omokri / APC Defends Onochie's Appointment, Says Current INEC Chairman Is PDP Member / Kogi West: Dino Melaye Speaks On The Conduct Of The Election (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Medley(m): 7:50am On Mar 10, 2019
We have heard the rating from various international and national observers on the conduct of the 2019 Elections from the planning, logistics, voting stage, and the announcement of results. I could remember vividly how majority of Nigerians were clamoring for the return of the 2015 Elections INEC boss, Prof. Atahiru Jega as a result of his performance in the 2015 election. What is your rating for this current INEC and it chairman, have they performed better than the 2015 INEC in the conduct of the 2019 Elections, have they improved the Electioneering process and procedure in Nigeria.

Though there is no perfect election in the current world(that can be 100% perfect). We are the people that voted in the communities and cities that observers couldn't visit and cover. Let us make this our own rating, here on this forum.

If you think they performed well click LIKE and if you think they haven't performed well click SHARE
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Blisplendor12(f): 7:53am On Mar 10, 2019
Very poor

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by yarimo(m): 7:53am On Mar 10, 2019
99.9 % excellent

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by fastseo: 7:55am On Mar 10, 2019
yarimo:
99.9 % excellent
grin yes oh as long as they are playing by our game
According to sirki you are patriots as long as you are not opposed to our party APC
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 10, 2019
INEC's fumble was in the result of the presidential election.

Aside that, results has generally reflected the will of the people.

With both PDP and APC bigwigs losing elections; people like Akpabio, Saraki, George Akume, etc.

Dino won despite Yahaya onslaught.

In Imo, Rochas lost but forced the returning Officer to declare him under duress.

In Anambra, despite Obiano's gragra, PDP won virtually all seats.

In Bauchi, Dogara won despite PMB popularity in that state.

PDP won Oyo and Ondo states, APC states. Ajimobi lost senatorial election which reflected what the people wanted.

Over all, aside the abracadabra in the presidential election result, which Mahmoud couldn't have helped anyway as he can only declare what was brought to him by men he delegated, I think election results reflected the will of majority.

I score INEC 76.6%.

However, we have a new election terrorists in our security agencies, and it needs to be legislated upon. Just praying the 9th Assembly won't be a rubber stamp of the executive.

Soldiers snatching ballot boxes is an electioneering tactics deployed by Idi Amin and his kinds in the early 60s and 80s. Thinks like that shouldn't be happening in my country in 21st century.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Medley(m): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2019
Awol1:

With both PDP and APC bigwigs losing elections; people like Akpabio, Saraki, George Akume, etc.

In Imo, Rochas lost but forced the returning Officer to declare him under duress.

PDP won Oyo and Ondo states, APC states. Ajimobi lost senatorial election which reflected what the people wanted.

Over all, aside the abracadabra in the presidential election result, which Mahmoud couldn't have helped anyway as he can only declare what was brought to him by men he delegated, I think election results reflected the will of majority.

I score INEC 76.6%.

However, we have a new election terrorists in our security agencies, and it needs to be legislated upon. Just praying the 9th Assembly won't be a rubber stamp of the executive.

Soldiers snatching ballot boxes is an electioneering tactics deployed by Idi Amin and his kinds in the early 60s and 80s. Thinks like that shouldn't be happening in my country in 21st century.

Was it that the other parties didn't have representative in the polling units and collation unit
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2019
Medley:

Was it that the other parties didn't have representative in the polling units and collation unit

A youth Corp member friend of mine who worked as an INEC ad-hoc staff in Cross River, told me that sometimes party agents collect money to let the result of their party altered.

And in the last election, it was the deployment of both money and coercion on both the electorates and INEC officials.

So many factors played out I guess.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Episteme2(m): 8:58am On Mar 10, 2019
This INEC has destroyed the little progress we made in 2015 elections. After the electorates decided, INEC sided with the candidates of their choice. Counting of votes is even more important than just voting. INEC is a moral hazard in collation and counting of votes.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Mkmoney(m): 9:06am On Mar 10, 2019
Calm down its not all about likes and shares the 2019 elections re bellow standard PDP did a good job back in 2015
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Medley(m): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
Episteme2:
This INEC has destroyed the little progress we made in 2015 elections. After the electorates decided, INEC sided with the candidates of their choice. Counting of votes is even more important than just voting. INEC is a moral hazard in collation and counting of votes.

That Elections are ending in stalemate doesn't mean that INEC did a bad job. The Logistics challenges, Election postponement, faulty card readers, sums up their bad preparation, and execution.
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by DMerciful(m): 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2019
This INEC is inconclusive compared to Jega's INEC. If I compared it's performance to her guidelines, they failed! However they improved vs the presidential election that was a total sham. Even in the gubernatorial elections, some places voted massively without card readers!
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by senatordave1(m): 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
Awol1:

I score INEC 76.6%.

I agree with you except in the presidential side.they did their best.inec job us to conduct and declare elections,they cant control security or stop violence.i wonder what you guys expect inec to do here
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
senatordave1:

I agree with you except in the presidential side.they did their best.inec job us to conduct and declare elections,they cant control security or stop violence.i wonder what you guys expect inec to do here

That's why I said that Yakubu Mahmoud was helpless. There was nothing he could do. He can only work with what was declared by his returning officers.

Emotions and sentiments aside, Yakubu has done his best.
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by senatordave1(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
Awol1:

That's why I said that Yakubu Mahmoud was helpless. There was nothing he could do. He can only work with what was declared by his returning officers.

Emotions and sentiments aside, Yakubu has done his best.
Thank you for your honesty.mahmoud and the state recs may mean well but the field officers who are mostly adhoc staffs end up bungling the whole process.inec can only control their officials at the urban areas but those at the rural areas are uncontrollable.
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
senatordave1:

Thank you for your honesty.mahmoud and the state recs may mean well but the field officers who are mostly adhoc staffs end up bungling the whole process.inec can only control their officials at the urban areas but those at the rural areas are uncontrollable.

I know you are an APC supporter but would you agree with me dispassionately, that if votes were to count rightly, that Buhari lost this election?
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by senatordave1(m): 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2019
Awol1:

I know you are an APC supporter but would you agree with me dispassionately, that if votes were to count rightly, that Buhari lost this election?
I wont agree for many reasons which are too numerous to mention.but let me summarize it.
Firstly,there was rigging in the polls but it wasn't enough to alter the final results.pdp major complains were in borno,yobe,kano,nasarawa and fct.if you take away buhari's votes here,he would still lead atiku.
Secondly,in the polling unit where i witnessed the polls in calabar atiku had 57,while buhari had 21.the pdp agents complained bitterly about the margin.in that ward,pdp had 900,apc had 600.this is an area where pdp should have gotten 95%.this pattern was reflected in the whole state and in the ss.if there was rigging,it should be from pdp.
Thirdly,live pollinf unit results from the core north showed buhari beating atiku massively.atiku managed to win his state narrowly,failed im the north central and struggled to win benue where we were made to believe that buhari is hated.these are all signs and pdp only complained about nasarawa and fct.
Top pdp associates in the north lost their wards while top apc stalwarts in the ss,se delivered their wards.
the south failed to give atiku bloc votes as expected while the north delivered for buhari.no southern pdp governor or major politician complained of rigging including wike.
Let me stop here for now.
Re: 2019 Elections: Rate The Current INEC And The Conduct Of The Elections by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 13, 2019
senatordave1:

I wont agree for many reasons which are too numerous to mention.but let me summarize it.
Firstly,there was rigging in the polls but it wasn't enough to alter the final results.pdp major complains were in borno,yobe,kano,nasarawa and fct.if you take away buhari's votes here,he would still lead atiku.
Secondly,in the polling unit where i witnessed the polls in calabar atiku had 57,while buhari had 21.the pdp agents complained bitterly about the margin.in that ward,pdp had 900,apc had 600.this is an area where pdp should have gotten 95%.this pattern was reflected in the whole state and in the ss.if there was rigging,it should be from pdp.
Thirdly,live pollinf unit results from the core north showed buhari beating atiku massively.atiku managed to win his state narrowly,failed im the north central and struggled to win benue where we were made to believe that buhari is hated.these are all signs and pdp only complained about nasarawa and fct.
Top pdp associates in the north lost their wards while top apc stalwarts in the ss,se delivered their wards.
the south failed to give atiku bloc votes as expected while the north delivered for buhari.no southern pdp governor or major politician complained of rigging including wike.
Let me stop here for now.

It's good to finally see a buharist having a logical and analytic discussion.

Now back to topic, I want you to know that the election was systematically rigged in the southern part with deliberate disenfranchisement of some electorates due to late arrival of electoral materials, and excessive militarisation of the whole process which made most electorates choose to stay home rather than go and lose their lives.

Most states in SE witnessed late arrival of materials, where people who already queued up to cast their votes got tired and left.

In the SS, Rivers, being the supposed state to give the opposition highest number of votes, was deliberately militarised excessively to scare voters.

In the SW, believe me if I told you that PDP won in Lagos. But Tinubu wouldn't take the embarrassment, so a lot happened behind the scene. This is aside the overt intimidation of Igbo voters.

In the North, just know that PDP is not crying wolf when they tell you that votes were deducted from them and added to APC. Especially places like Kano, Kogi, Nasarawa, Plateau, FCT, etc.

Again, supposed APC stronghold states were given free hand to vote without much intimidation and hitches.

This is my dispassionate assessment of what really happened, devoid of my leaning towards a PDP victory.

(1) (Reply)

INEC declared Seyi Makinde Of PDP The Winner Of Oyo State Governorship Election / PDP Leads In Kano As INEC Declares 43 Lgas Of The 44 LGA's / How Governor Isiaka Ajimobi Shredded The APC In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.