Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (60332 Views)

Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed / List Of Nationalities In The Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane / Professor Pius Adesanmi Dies In Ethiopia Airlines Plane Crash - John O. Oba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Predstan: 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

Being new mean nothing, It still needs maintenance afte each and every trip which I doubted they pay so much focus on.

Ethiopian Airlines is only after accolades and money. They want the African tittle. It didn't make sense to me that they you could focus on numbers yet their airport is a disgrace in 2018. I have never seen such a chaotic airport let alone poor service. What about behind scence servicing of aircraft.

What I noticed is that their Airlines are Workhalic, probably because they are new.

The last time I went to Rwanda, the flight that took us from Lagos to adisababa just arrived from the same adisababa and we boarded that flight immediately after passengers alighted.

The same thing happend at adis. The flight to Rwanda just arrived from another location before we boarded immediately.

I always thought when a Flight arrive its destination, they have to check well to verify there isnt error before another trip.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2019
Predstan:

I went through Ethiopia few days ago and I can tell you they have a very good customer service.

I vowed never to use them again on my last encounter in January 2018. Maybe they have improved, but their airport and service and delays were pathetic.

I stayed almost the whole day in that airport. I can never recommend that airline to my loves ones.

Completely pathetic and their flight attendants with superiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2019
Predstan:

What I noticed is that their Airlines are Workhalic, probably because they are new.

The last time I went to Rwanda, the flight that took us from Lagos to adisababa just arrived from the same adisababa and we boarded that flight immediately after passengers alighted.

The same thing happend at adis. The flight to Rwanda just arrived from another location before we boarded immediately.

I always thought when a Flight arrive its destination, they have to check well to verify there isnt error before another trip.

That's what I said they are after numbers and accolades.

I find that alone to be wrong. An aircrafts needs checking constantly because anything may happen to it.

All the people I know who have used it have always encountered delays and perhaps thats the reason why they rush passengers for connection to make up for time lost.

But they are pathetic and chaotic.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
Predstan:

So the people that Died are not human....

Ignoramus Racist

Did I say that?
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by luluosas(m): 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2019
Oh my God! May God console the family of the dead
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by salford1: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2019
Predstan:

That is how Airlines operate around the world. I have been on aircanada flights where the same scenario plays out. The pilots and Air hostess remains in the plane while it drops and picks up new passengers.

To the lady thanking God that there were no Nigerians. There is a good chance that there are dual National Nigerians. I can't think of a Nigerian with a UK, Canadian, Italian, American etc passports that flies outside the country or outward from Nigerian using a Nigerian passport. Their nationality would be registered based on the passport they tendered to immigration.

May God grant their loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Trybes(m): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
jidemoh:
Two days ago, a senseless pilot of a plane coming in from America announced to passengers to brace for a crash landing because the plane was running out of aviation fuel and may not be enough for the plane to reach the airport in Lagos.

This caused the passengers to panic and a particular woman had her BP rise so high. Annoyingly but fortunately, the plane made it to the airport in one piece but unfortunately, the woman died before they could get her to the hospital.
In a situation as this I guess the pilot should have permission to land the plane in a nearby airport to get some aviation fuel before continuing the flight
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Zombicmodz: 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
abbyode:
Copied!

On 29 October 2018, a brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8 flight JT610 owned by Lion Air travelling from Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang on the island of Bangka crashed into the Java Sea 12 minutes after takeoff. All 189 passengers and crew were killed in the accident.

Investigations revealed that the crash was caused by the automated “angle of attack” (AOA) anti-stall sensor that activated the system and was giving a false reading.

A stall is a dangerous situation where the lift from an aircraft's wings no longer is enough to counter the weight of the plane, causing it to lose control and fall.

The malfunction initiated a 12-minute tug of war as the system — called the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) — repeatedly forced the plane’s nose down and the pilots brought it back up again.

At the end of this wrestling match, the pilots lost control and the jet went into a steep dive, crashing into the Java Sea at approximately 500 miles per hour.

US airlines pilot union say Boeing did not include any mention of the new system in the Aircraft Flight Manual. Further, the system activates automatically with no notice given to the pilot and they have also not being taught how to respond if it malfunctions. The pilots say they actually learned about MCAS after the LionAir crash.

In November, Boeing delivered the ill-fated 737 Max 8 plane to Ethiopia Airlines maybe without informing them of the MCAS system issues or training their pilots on how to handle the system if it malfunctions.

On Thursday March 7, 2019 just 3 days ago, a Seattle personal-injury law firm sued Boeing on behalf of the families of 17 Indonesian passengers who died in the crash.

Today the Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max 8 has crashed just 6 minutes after take off. Could the same system be responsible?

Most likely YES and the rest of the 737 Max 8 and 9 in operation should be grounded until a solution is found and pilots trained on how to deal with a malfuntion of the system to avert another disaster.

God save us !

This was the same engine stall issue that caused an Air France Boeing to shortly after take off from Rio dejaneiro Brazil.

Forensic investigators revealed the all the pilot needed to do was tip the aircraft nose downwards to overcome the engine stall bit instead he continued to climb nose up until they crashed.

This could have been avoided by proper pilot training by Boeing.
Very sad
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by djon78(m): 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

Connect in Addis Ababa and you will realise it's empty accolades. Never seen such a chaotic place. I hope they have improved it in 2019.

That's why I love Emirates, very good airline

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Trybes(m): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2019
abbyode:
Copied!

On 29 October 2018, a brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8 flight JT610 owned by Lion Air travelling from Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang on the island of Bangka crashed into the Java Sea 12 minutes after takeoff. All 189 passengers and crew were killed in the accident.

Investigations revealed that the crash was caused by the automated “angle of attack” (AOA) anti-stall sensor that activated the system and was giving a false reading.

A stall is a dangerous situation where the lift from an aircraft's wings no longer is enough to counter the weight of the plane, causing it to lose control and fall.

The malfunction initiated a 12-minute tug of war as the system — called the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) — repeatedly forced the plane’s nose down and the pilots brought it back up again.

At the end of this wrestling match, the pilots lost control and the jet went into a steep dive, crashing into the Java Sea at approximately 500 miles per hour.

US airlines pilot union say Boeing did not include any mention of the new system in the Aircraft Flight Manual. Further, the system activates automatically with no notice given to the pilot and they have also not being taught how to respond if it malfunctions. The pilots say they actually learned about MCAS after the LionAir crash.

In November, Boeing delivered the ill-fated 737 Max 8 plane to Ethiopia Airlines maybe without informing them of the MCAS system issues or training their pilots on how to handle the system if it malfunctions.

On Thursday March 7, 2019 just 3 days ago, a Seattle personal-injury law firm sued Boeing on behalf of the families of 17 Indonesian passengers who died in the crash.

Today the Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max 8 has crashed just 6 minutes after take off. Could the same system be responsible?

Most likely YES and the rest of the 737 Max 8 and 9 in operation should be grounded until a solution is found and pilots trained on how to deal with a malfuntion of the system to avert another disaster.
In a short note all the Boeing 737 max 8 should be grounded and discarded if need be. This is a negative development
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2019
djon78:

That's why I love Emirates, very good airline

Emirates is on their own level. Very orderly and customer oriented.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2019
tajuh:
Ethiopian Airlines is currently giving more details of the passengers who were on board ET 302 that crashed on Sunday shortly after taking off from Bole International Airpoirt in Addis Ababa.

The numbers we have so far are:

32 passengers were Kenyan
18 Canada
9 Ethiopian
8 Chinese
8 Italian
8 US
7 British
7 France
6 Egypt
5 Netherlands
4 UN passport
4 Indian
3 Russian
2 Moroccan
2 Israeli
1 Belgian
1 Ugandan
1 Yemeni
1 Sudanese
1 Togo
1 Mozambican
1 Norwegian
Chai sad
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2019
Predstan:

So the people that Died are not human....

Ignoramus Racist
Exactly, that statement of hers is uncalled for, all the lives on the crashed plane is important sad

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Predstan: 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2019
salford1:

That is how Airlines operate around the world. I have been on aircanada flights where the same scenario plays out. The pilots and Air hostess remains in the plane while it drops and picks up new passengers.

To the lady thanking God that there were no Nigerians. There is a good chance that there are dual National Nigerians. I can't think of a Nigerian with a UK, Canadian, Italian, American etc passports that flies outside the country or outward from Nigerian using a Nigerian passport. Their nationality would be registered based on the passport they tendered to immigration.

Amen... ok I understand that.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

We THANK God there was no Nigerian smiley
lnsensitive comments, so those that Died God was not with them, right, all the lives on the crashed airplane are precious whether they are Nigerian or non - Nigerian sad

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
Trybes:

In a situation as this I guess the pilot should have permission to safely land the plane in any nearby airport to get some aviation fuel before continuing with the flight

This is Nigeria brah! How many nearby airports have facility to allow landing of large aircraft even if it is only to refuel?
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by ayoshyne(m): 4:28pm On Mar 10, 2019
toolssdatabase:
An Ethiopian Airlines plane has gone down with 149 passengers and 8 crew onboard, the airline said.

The plane is believed to have crashed six minutes after take off, according to local reports.

The Ethiopian prime minister's official Twitter account has expressed condolences to families of those lost.

The PM's office wrote on Twitter: "The office of the PM, on behalf of government and people of Ethiopia, would like to express it's deepest condolences to the families that have lost their loved ones on Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 on regular scheduled flight to Nairobi, Kenya this
morning."

source : https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-ethiopian-airlines-plane-crashes-14113271

This is not a full story as far as I'm concerned, it's better you don't post a story instead of making it incomplete, you just threw a lot of people into panic mood right now cos your fingers were itching to post something without telling where the flight took up from, airport, city and country smh.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Yankee101: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2019
They have one of the worst flying records

Avoid that airline

Abeg. Cheap no mean safety

Noted this particular crash is seemingly manufacturer related.
Still, Ethiopian airlines has one of the worst flying records of major airlines
So caution is necessary

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
lnsensitive comments, so those that Died God was not with them, right, all the lives on the crashed airplane are precious whether they are Nigerian or non - Nigerian sad

Whether you find it insensitive or not I thank God that my country men were not passengers. We have suffered enough.

I honestly care less what you think.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

Whether you find it insensitive or not I thank God that my country men were not passengers. We have suffered enough.

I honestly care less what you think.
l don't give a hoot whether your country is suffering or not, what has an airplane crash got to do with your country suffering or not , a Nigerian professor called Professor Adesanmi of the University of Calton, Canada was amongst the dead victims, that nullifies your so called thanksgiving angry

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l don't give a hoot whether your country is suffering or not, what has an airplane crash got to do with your country suffering or not , a Nigerian professor called Professor Adesanmi of the University of Calton, Canada was amongst the dead victims, that nullifies your so called thanksgiving angry

Now that's sad. undecided

But f.. you. I said what I said

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

Now that's sad. undecided

But f.. you. I said what I said
Buzz off my mentions and fúçk off as well, nonsense
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Buzz off my mentions, nonsense

Am I they one who started mentioning you? F... off

You were supposed to be in that aircraft
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

Am I they one who started mentioning you? F... off

You were supposed to be in that aircraft
You will experience the same plane crash very soon, especially you, your next flight you will be the only victim, bring it on, I have your time, nonsense
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by spokesboy: 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
McCoy662:

ass-licking stooge. I can't be brainwashed with fake religious prophecies. TB Joshua have A1 in fake prophecies
You are only behaving as if your destiny is tied to TB Joshua. You must be pained by the miracles and prophecies God is doing through him. My suggestion to you again is, don't be pained. Nobody is looking for your brain to be washed and btw TB Joshua doesn't even know you exist.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Predstan: 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2019
I just read a report that there a Nigerian Professor in that Plane
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by salford1: 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
I replied a post that there is a good chance that Nigerian(s) flying on a different passport might be on the plane. There are uncomfirmed rumours that the most influential Nigerian-Canadian is on that plane.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
You will experience the same plane crash very soon, especially you, your next flight you will be the only victim, bring it on, I have your time, nonsense

Idiot. Dream on.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by rotile247(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2019
salford1:

There was a Nigerian profession at a Canadian university on board.
May God comfort the families of the departed. So sad!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2019
salford1:

I replied a post that there is a good chance that Nigerian(s) flying on a different passport might be on the plane. There are uncomfirmed rumours that the most influential Nigerian-Canadian is on that plane.

Exactly, l read your post and that mofo was talking trash and wishing me doom, I have returned her wicked prayers back to her sad
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by salford1: 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
rotile247:

There was a Nigerian profession at a Canadian university on board.
May God comfort the families of the departed. So sad!
I have gone to check his facebook page. He hasn't replied everyone calling him out. Some are in shock already on receiving the news. He is one of the reason I still take interest in Nigerian politics. I hope it's a a rumour. Too painful to bear if true.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

I am a brain dead Idiot, and I pray to die via airplane on my next trip, I am Dreaming of dying via plane crash, I pray to die either via road, sea or air accident, l am depressed and a dimwit o
Ok, may it happen to you as you desire grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Corper Burnt After In Motor Accident While Travelling. Graphic Photos / What Do Nigerians In Malaysia Do For A Living? / 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.