Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:10 AM

WW2 Thread - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / WW2 Thread (1567 Views)

World Faces Most Dangerous Decade Since WW2 - Putin / Putin To Send 'doomsday' Warning To West At Russia's WW2 Victory Parade ( Pics) / Japan Criticize Russian Withdrawal From WW2 Peace Treaty Talks Over Sanctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WW2 Thread by seunny4lif(m): 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2019
I have visited Dresden, Silicy, Munchen and almost all the frontline in East German.
I respect Russia more.
That’s the reason I laughed whenever people think Britain and France can withstand a war with Russia.
Those guys chicken out against Nazi but only show when German best troops where fighting USSR troops and Britain and France ride on the back on America troops.
Britain can’t fight any strong nation
Re: WW2 Thread by AmunaNo1: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2019
mysticwarrior:
lies and fallacies could always be made to sound true to justify preconceived opinions, from your write up there are indications that you are trying to give credit to the Americans for the defeat of the Germans in the USSR, you are wrong. The Americans and Soviets have been bitter rivals with different political ideology, and it is believed that its beneath their dignity to accept support from their rivals in fighting their own battle, its like a lion seaking the assistance of a Tiger to bring down a spotted hyena, I don't know where you got your facts from but pls don't feel disrespected to take corrections, the Soviets would rather die than accept assistance and give credit to their Archrival, I stand to be corrected.

I see how it may look that way from the lies we have all been served but the truth at least in this case is the exact opposite. All those stories about ideology and rivalry are simply high production flicks for the public to consume. Those who know, know. I would humbly suggest you do a little more research on the matter.

A wise man once said communism and capitalism are both sides of the same coin.They are nothing more than systems of control.
Re: WW2 Thread by mysticwarrior(m): 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2019
seunny4lif:
I have visited Dresden, Silicy, Munchen and almost all the frontline in East German.
I respect Russia more.
That’s the reason I laughed whenever people think Britain and France can withstand a war with Russia.
Those guys chicken out against Nazi but only show when German best troops where fighting USSR troops and Britain and France ride on the back on America troops.
Britain can’t fight any strong nation
on point, they declared war on Germany but the never marched their army on German soil before the Germans invaded the soviet union, even at that they were still not bold enough to confront the Germans and had to rallied on USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Poland and Greece for the Battle of Normandy, those English men are nothing but cowards.
Re: WW2 Thread by mysticwarrior(m): 4:54pm On Mar 14, 2019
AmunaNo1:

I see how it may look that way from the lies we have all been served but the truth at least in this case is the exact opposite. All those stories about ideology and rivalry are simply high production flicks for the public to consume. Those who know, know. I would humbly suggest you do a little more research on the matter.

A wise man once said communism and capitalism are both sides of the same coin.They are nothing more than systems of control.
in making analysis on a highly sensitive topic of such magnitude I expect you to be aware that any comments that would raise eyebrows would be critically examined. In your previous comment you said that the " Americans supported the Soviets with millions of dollars and weapons? How, when and in what year? How was the transactioned made, who received the weapons on behalf of the soviet army, pls note that we deal on facts with acknoledgeable reference here.
Re: WW2 Thread by AmunaNo1: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2019
mysticwarrior:
in making analysis on a highly sensitive topic of such magnitude I expect you to be aware that any comments that would raise eyebrows would be critically examined. In your previous comment you said that the " Americans supported the Soviets with millions of dollars and weapons? How, when and in what year? How was the transactioned made, who received the weapons on behalf of the soviet army, pls note that we deal on facts with acknoledgeable reference here.

Not one person here has provided references. Why should i?

See the below for your benefit

Re: WW2 Thread by Sawzer(m): 5:14pm On Mar 14, 2019
AmunaNo1:

With the little I know, I don't think this is true. But.... What do I know? Let me call my oga Cc Zoharariel come ooo grin

I'm happy this thread has reached page 2
Re: WW2 Thread by Sawzer(m): 5:16pm On Mar 14, 2019
AmunaNo1:

Do you know that anyone can edit articles on Wikipedia?
Re: WW2 Thread by AmunaNo1: 5:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
Sawzer:

Sure. But i couldn't pull that off in that short amount of time f that what you are insinuating. He asked for references, i had no choice.
Re: WW2 Thread by AmunaNo1: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2019
Sawzer:

Sure. But i couldn't pull that off in that short amount of time f that what you are insinuating. He asked for references, i had no choice.
Re: WW2 Thread by Sawzer(m): 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2019
AmunaNo1:
No but an ignoramus could have put that up
Re: WW2 Thread by AmunaNo1: 5:56pm On Mar 14, 2019
Sawzer:

No but an ignoramus could have put that up
Somehow i highly doubt that
Re: WW2 Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2019
Sawzer:

With the little I know, I don't think this is true. But.... What do I know?
Let me call my oga Cc Zoharariel come ooo grin

I'm happy this thread has reached page 2
grin
Re: WW2 Thread by panafrican(m): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2019
AmunaNo1:
The USSR had neither the resources nor the leadership (communists had slaughtered the experienced generals) to sustain their war effort, both where supplied in large part by the Americans. Stalin built a wall of meat (Order No. 227) to protect him and his murderous regime from the Nazi onslaught. It was not just the winter that stopped the Nazi from taking Moscow. It was already a done deal, The Americans propped up Stalin's government with millions of dollars in weaponry and other necessities of war.

Disagreed

The Soviets fought house by house, street by street, hole by hole to defeat the Germans in Stalingrad. But for that victory, the war would
have continued beyond 1945 giving Hitler the time needed to develop an atomic bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6IMkEfMPKk
Re: WW2 Thread by mysticwarrior(m): 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2019
AmunaNo1:

who signed those protocols for the Soviet side? from your illustration it was not stated.
Re: WW2 Thread by mysticwarrior(m): 7:29pm On Mar 14, 2019
panafrican:

Not True.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6IMkEfMPKk
beautiful, I love intelligent people, I have read so many of your posts and from that I can testify that you are a man with vast knowledge in the Area of History, politics, war and diplomatic solutions, pls kindly permit me to say this my friend you and I belonged to the same school of thought, we believe on facts, that man is not correct from his writeup and it is expected for him to take corrections.
Re: WW2 Thread by panafrican(m): 7:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

On your first point.. Global politics is built on lies. Saying one thing and doing another thing is a hallmark of international relations.

All d countries keep their cards to their chest.. Element of surprise is key!
For example the 1928 Kellogg Briand Pact. It was a peace treaty that prohibited it signatories to use war as an instrument of national policy.

It signatories included Japan,,USA ,,Britain,, France,, Germany,, Italy,, Canada, Belgium amongst others.
Fast forward in the mid 1930s some of this countries like Japan and Italy were already invading Manchuria and Abyssinia respectively.
By 1938 Germany under Hitler had annexed Austria.

Honesty or sincerity has nothing to with foreign policy. By March last year Trump and North Korean leader were trading insult.. Kim said that Trump is a dotard while Trump called him rocket man,,mad man. But months later this people were having meeting alone with an interpreter.
Germany had Joseph Goebbels as minister of propaganda. Other states use secretary of war in place of minister of propaganda.

In this modern period elite countries make use of their spy agency. Like M16,, MOSSAD, KGB,, CIA etc.
We agree on that because the same folks who attack peace-loving countries have the veto power at the UN security council.

On ur second point.. It has been rendered invalid by the appeasement policy of Chamberlain. Appeasing a dictator is just like giving him more weaponry,, and the funny thing is that the same weaponry and resources you willingly gave him will be used to eliminate your existence!
Before invading Poland,, he already invaded Austria,,, annexed Czechoslovakia.
As a World War II die hard follower. ,, you got to make your own informed analysis based on verifiable evidence and statistics not quoting someone else opinion.
Cheers!.

The Fuhrer was on a mission to protect his people (the Sudeten) . Those German -speaking people were oppressed. Many were slaughtered later after the defeat of Germany. It was a genocide !
Re: WW2 Thread by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2019
panafrican:

We agree on that because the same folks who attack peace-loving countries have the veto power at the UN security council.

The Fuhrer was on a mission to protect his people (the Sudeten) . Those German -speaking people were oppressed. Many were slaughtered later after the defeat of Germany. It was a genocide !

People like you will deliberately be turning established facts upside down.
Am done with you! Good night!!
Re: WW2 Thread by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:46am On Mar 15, 2019
mysticwarrior:
on point, they declared war on Germany but the never marched their army on German soil before the Germans invaded the soviet union, even at that they were still not bold enough to confront the Germans and had to rallied on USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Poland and Greece for the Battle of Normandy, those English men are nothing but cowards.

Why calling them cowards?
Total war are fought with the help of other countries. I mean daz why we have NATO! Daz why in the face of danger you tell your diplomat to sign you up for any strong military alliance that gonna protect your national interest.

Because Hitler allies in the war were not as strong as that of British... It doesn't mean that the British are cowards. What it means is that Hitler was defeated at the diplomatic front. Even Germany had their own alliance system.
The Axis powers consisting of Japan,, Italy and Germany.

Even in their invasion of Britain was not successful... Do you even know of British naval power?
The British people are very intelligent,, they are not cowards.
Re: WW2 Thread by AmunaNo1: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2019
They say there are two sides to every story, but with regard to WW2 we have been bombarded with only the allied point of view for decades. Who will speak for the Nazis? Who will tell their own side of the story?

Without hearing from both sides, how can we come to any rational conclusion about the war?

If you would like to hear the Nazi's side of story even just as an intellectual exercise, i would recommend.

"Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told By Dennis Wise"

Aristotle once said it is the mark of an educated man to entertain an idea without accepting it.
Re: WW2 Thread by mysticwarrior(m): 11:18am On Mar 15, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Why calling them cowards?
Total war are fought with the help of other countries. I mean daz why we have NATO! Daz why in the face of danger you tell your diplomat to sign you up for any strong military alliance that gonna protect your national interest.

Because Hitler allies in the war were not as strong as that of British... It doesn't mean that the British are cowards. What it means is that Hitler was defeated at the diplomatic front. Even Germany had their own alliance system.
The Axis powers consisting of Japan,, Italy and Germany.

Even in their invasion of Britain was not successful... Do you even know of British naval power?
The British people are very intelligent,, they are not cowards.
Bross a beg permit me to speak my language which is pidgin English because I be warri man. If I tell you say I dey come fight you and fear no let me carry the fight come your house, na wetin you go call me?

1 Like

Re: WW2 Thread by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2019
mysticwarrior:
Bross a beg permit me to speak my language which is pidgin English because I be warri man. If I tell you say I dey come fight you and fear no let me carry the fight come your house, na wetin you go call me?

And if @ d end of day u win me 4 the fight ... Make me 2 surrender unconditionally!
Write the peace treaty on your own terms and conditions!!

Abeg wetin u go call me?
Re: WW2 Thread by mysticwarrior(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

And if @ d end of day u win me 4 the fight ... Make me 2 surrender unconditionally!
Write the peace treaty on your own terms and conditions!!

Abeg wetin u go call me?
I go call you wayo man
Re: WW2 Thread by panafrican(m): 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

People like you will deliberately be turning established facts upside down.
Am done with you! Good night!!
Due to the lies and the overwhelming globalist propaganda all over the world in the late 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century, it fits to re-think what could be called " Official History" .
Re: WW2 Thread by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
mysticwarrior:
I go call you wayo man

Haha haha...
U no well grin grin...
In a nutshell Britain sabi use wayo wayo to achieve dia national interest.
Re: WW2 Thread by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2019
panafrican:

Due to the lies and the overwhelming globalist propaganda all over the world in the late 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century, it fits to re-think what could be called " Official History" .

Na u sabi....
All the points u raised to buttress your argument has been rendered invalid.

Hitler remilitarised the Rhineland.. Went on a massive German rearmament in the early 1930s. Betraying the peace treaty that ended the First World War.

In addition... He invaded Czechoslovakia,, annexed the country because of few German in Czechoslovakia... Before then he had already annexed Austria. Then went on to invade Poland in 1939.
But you're here telling me of rethinking the official history!

I no dey follow u rethink anything abeg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trump Has Done More In Three Yrs For The Black Community Than Obama Did In Eight / There Are 10times More Christians In Saudi Arabia Than Israel (pics) / Pictures Of Egyptian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.