Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa (2931 Views)

Daniel Nkemelu Has 7.0 CGPA As Unibadan's Best Graduating Student / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by MONEY247: 9:49am On Mar 10, 2019
This friend asked me if he could still come out from uni with a 1st class with a 2.57 cgpa in his 100 level.
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:54am On Mar 10, 2019
Just focus more on your education. Anything is possible.

We know that it is your result btw

14 Likes

Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by MONEY247: 10:04am On Mar 10, 2019
ULSHERLAN:
Just focus more on your education. Anything is possible.

We know that it is your result btw
Not my result bro .I know it's yours

1 Like

Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by kennyjam: 10:10am On Mar 10, 2019
a story of someone who started with 1.00 GPA in OAU but later graduate with a first class was told here on nairaland.

May God Help.

happy Sunday
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2019
I know 2:1 is very possible, but first class?...I doubt it ...He/she only needs focus n concentration anyway

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by sagebot(f): 10:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Verily...I had lesser CGPA in my 100l than your friend...That was a shocker to me.. I had to buckle up..I started paying more attention in class...I didn't miss my lectures...I Took note of important points during lectures...I dropped my ego,
mingled and seek guidance where necessary from my betters...I didn't joke with my assignments, it fetches more marks than u will imagjne..Though i came out with 2.1...but to me it was a very great achievement compared to my 100l results...your friend can come out with first class as long as he works really hard..

Note..
Try as much as you can to give tutorials to your fellow mates...that's more added knowledge..It also boosts your confidence and relationship with people...Remember, there's no pride when you want to succeed in life...

10 Likes

Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 10, 2019
kennyjam:
a story of someone who started with 1.00 GPA in OAU but later graduate with a first class was told here on nairaland.

May God Help.

happy Sunday
That's impossible

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by MONEY247: 10:59am On Mar 10, 2019
I will tell him, he feels depressed and always bored. He feels there's nothing more for him in life.
This will give him an encouragement for sure.
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by kennyjam: 11:10am On Mar 10, 2019
Nurrex:
That's impossible

That's what makes the story exceptional.

Before concluding on the impossibility, try doing the analysis.

Let's do a very rough analysis (not the conventional method of Cgpa calculation ).

1st semester=1.00
remaining 9 semesters=(9 x 5)=45. I'm assuming he had 5.00 in the rest semesters and it's a 5year course (10 semesters).

Cgpa at the end of 10 semesters=(45+1)/10=4.6cgpa.

As I said, it's not the conventional method.
the said guy was said to have graduated with 4.5x(x=1 or 2) CGPA.
In addition, he had no carry over in that first semester just filled with D's and E's.

Thank you.

OP, Nothing is impossible with God !

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 10, 2019
kennyjam:

That's what makes the story exceptional.

Before concluding on the impossibility, try doing the analysis.

Let's do a very rough analysis (not the conventional method of Cgpa calculation ).

1st semester=1.00
remaining 9 semesters=(9 x 5)=45. I'm assuming he had 5.00 in the rest semesters and it's a 5year course (10 semesters).

Cgpa at the end of 10 semesters=(45+1)/10=4.6cgpa.

As I said, it's not the conventional method.
the said guy was said to have graduated with 4.5x(x=1 or 2) CGPA.
In addition, he had no carry over in that first semester just filled with D's and E's.

Thank you.

OP, Nothing is impossible with God !
sure nothing is impossible with God, as for the OP, I'm not trying to make him loose his moral, I'm in 200 level, my GP is 4.56. it's very possible for me to graduate with third class, that's life for you. With 2.5 one can graduate with first class, one just have to be a bit perfect with A's.

But, with 1.0, we all know 100l is the easiest year, and most times, even if you don't read at all with the SSCE and JAMB test knowledge you have, you can get above 2.0. your calculations for someone studying a 4 years course will be exactly 4.5, so the person have to be extra perfect, but still I think first class isn't possible because you find out the unit load decreases, the average unit load from 200 level to 500 level use to be less than 100 level, so any one entering school without scaling well through 100 level it wouldn't be easy for such person get 1st class. As for the OP and any one like him, it's very possible, just be prayerful and read well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Deckline(m): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
MONEY247:
This friend asked me if he could still come out from uni with a 1st class with a 2.57 cgpa in his 100 level.
See...let me tell you...
There is nothing impossible if you can just decide to rise to the occasion.

With a 2.57 cgpa in 100 Level,I can boldly tell you that a first class is still possible.

YES.

IT IS POSSIBLE ONLY IN YOUR IMAGINATION.

YOU KIDS WON'T READ BUT YOU WANT FIRST CLASS!

ARE YOU INSANE OR INSANE IS YOU?!
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2019
It's impossible to make first class. If you walk hard enough, you could make 2.1
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by sparog(m): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
Are you sure it's your friend or you yourself grin

Anyway, he or you can still make first class. All you or he has to do is to make sure you have a minimum of 4.6 cgpa henceforth.
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Sufisunni: 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2019
MONEY247:
Just work hard. Whatever you get try to see positive things out of it. Life is not all about first class, infact most successful people didn't have it
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Dvd4: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2019
Deckline:

See...let me tell you...

With a 2.57 cgpa in 100 Level,I can boldly tell you that a first class is still possible.

YES.

LOL!
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by frankosivue(m): 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
Deckline:

See...let me tell you...

YES.

hehehehehe
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2019
kennyjam:

May God Help.

happy Sunday
You forgot to tell us that the student switched to another department
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by MONEY247: 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2019
sparog:
Are you sure it's your friend or you yourself grin

Anyway, he or you can still make first class. All you or he has to do is to make sure you have a minimum of 4.6 cgpa henceforth.
Not me brother. Truly speaking

1 Like

Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by alphaNomega: 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2019
MONEY247:

It is impossible. Your friend should not bother ad focus on skill building. Even 3rd class graduates have hope in today's economy.

The labour market is structured against first class and 2.1 graduates these days. Typical Nigeria
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by teamsynergy: 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
Nurrex:
That's impossible

Former HOD math department oau Is living testimony ...he was in probation in part one and finished with first class

1 Like

Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by meobizy(f): 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2019
What is the point of making a first class from uni only to come out to a no job-labour market?
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by kennyjam: 4:14am On Mar 11, 2019
Nurrex:
sure nothing is impossible with God, as for the OP, I'm not trying to make him loose his moral, I'm in 200 level, my GP is 4.56. it's very possible for me to graduate with third class, that's life for you. With 2.5 one can graduate with first class, one just have to be a bit perfect with A's.

But, with 1.0, we all know 100l is the easiest year, and most times, even if you don't read at all with the SSCE and JAMB test knowledge you have, you can get above 2.0. your calculations for someone studying a 4 years course will be exactly 4.5, so the person have to be extra perfect, but still I think first class isn't possible because you find out the unit load decreases, the average unit load from 200 level to 500 level use to be less than 100 level, so any one entering school without scaling well through 100 level it wouldn't be easy for such person get 1st class. As for the OP and any one like him, it's very possible, just be prayerful and read well.

Thank You!
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 11, 2019
teamsynergy:

Former HOD math department oau Is living testimony ...he was in probation in part one and finished with first class
Are you sure the probation started at the beginning of the session, like immediately he got admitted. Don't forget, most the NUC law, which states anybody with less that 0.5 Part 1 cgpa should be expelled no matter what happened, so he must have written some exams if not all, and someone so brilliant like him can A's all exams he had written even though it's not all, he would still get above 1.0

What you guys fail to understand is, for you to get exactly 1.0, means the the person got E's parallel, and in most Nigerian universities, E has been scrapped, so it means the person carried over the whole Part 1 courses. And if not e parallel, for some to have made 1.0, for every D there must be Two F's, for every C there must be atleast 3 F and so on. And I'm sure you know, and I'm sure you know carrying over a particular course might stop you from doing another course in the coming session, that's extra year for such person. 1.0 is too low but 2.0 is good enough to make first class
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by teamsynergy: 7:46am On Mar 11, 2019
Nurrex:
Are you sure the probation started at the beginning of the session, like immediately he got admitted. Don't forget, most the NUC law, which states anybody with less that 0.5 Part 1 cgpa should be expelled no matter what happened, so he must have written some exams if not all, and someone so brilliant like him can A's all exams he had written even though it's not all, he would still get above 1.0

What you guys fail to understand is, for you to get exactly 1.0, means the the person got E's parallel, and in most Nigerian universities, E has been scrapped, so it means the person carried over the whole Part 1 courses. And if not e parallel, for some to have made 1.0, for every D there must be Two F's, for every C there must be atleast 3 F and so on. And I'm sure you know, and I'm sure you know carrying over a particular course might stop you from doing another course in the coming session, that's extra year for such person. 1.0 is too low but 2.0 is good enough to make first class

u av to be on probation for 2 consecutive semesters to be expelled.... the HOD himself told us his story to encourage us back then and we confirmed it .... so it's possible and u don't av to have e parrallel bro... Enough Fs will do the magic to drop u below 1
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 11, 2019
teamsynergy:

u av to be on probation for 2 consecutive semesters to be expelled.... the HOD himself told us his story to encourage us back then and we confirmed it .... so it's possible and u don't av to have e parrallel bro... Enough Fs will do the magic to drop u below 1
so did the HOD had 1.0 cgpa in his part 1? And was he on probation on two consecutive semester?, If not, that means he must have done some exams if not all
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by teamsynergy: 7:56am On Mar 11, 2019
Nurrex:
so did the HOD had 1.0 cgpa in his part 1? And was he on probation on two consecutive semester?, If not, that means he must have done some exams if not all

with a GPA of 2.5 in part one, u can make first class if u start getting As ... thatz for sure.
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 11, 2019
teamsynergy:

with a GPA of 2.5 in part one, u can make first class if u start getting As ... thatz for sure.
if you read my previous post, with 2.0 you can make first class, but never with 1.0
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by InansBobo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
MONEY247:
It's possible but your friend won't make it grin
Re: A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa by Hahjascho(m): 11:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
MONEY247:
1.If it's possible mathematically then it's quite feasible....kindly ask those informed to help work it out for you!

2.So far it's feasible, your aim should be scoring All A,s In all of your remaining courses.

You may search my similar comments in related posts

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Fidelity-access International Scholarship Relyable? / Free Report- How To Read And Pass Any Exam / How Students Act When They Find Out ASUU Has Called Off The Strike (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.