Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire (4644 Views)

APC Crisis: Crack In Presidency Widens As Osinbajo Maintains Position / 2023: Crack In Buhari, Tinubu Camps Widens / PDP Governors Congratulate Buhari, Crack In Atiku’s Camp - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by 989900: 10:06am On Mar 11, 2019
dodelight:
[s]The way you people use your brain is annoying. How did i find myself in the same country with you lots? I can see you support everything about Tinubu once it's in the interest of his party. Are his activities in the interest of this nation or his own selfish ambition? So spare me of your party chieftain nonsense![/s]
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by BluntBoy(m): 11:24am On Mar 11, 2019
dodelight:
The way you people use your brain is annoying. How did i find myself in the same country with you lots? I can see you support everything about Tinubu once it's in the interest of his party. Are his activities in the interest of this nation or his own selfish ambition? So spare me of your party chieftain nonsense!

Go and get a government textbook and read about the main goal/interest of a political party

I don't have much patience with political illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Adekdammy: 11:35am On Mar 11, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

And I'm sure you'll celebrate that Kwankwaso installed his son in law as Kano governor o?

Hope you also celebrated Tinubu obliterating Saraki completely in Kwara?

Why can't you rejoice that Oyo state rebuked arrogant and uncouth Ajimobi, Kano rejected babariga ATM ganduje and Kwara punished Saraki for years of oppression?

This is people power. Has nothing to do with any godfather. If the winners mess up, in 4 years, the same fate awaits them

well said
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by dodelight(m): 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
BluntBoy:

Go and get a government textbook and read about the main goal/interest of a political party

I don't have much patience with political illiterates.
I couldn't reply you since morning cause I was busy at work. Now on my way home, I may spare you a bit of this precious time of mine. That your textbook you referred me to, does it state that the aim or goal of political parties is to ruin democracy, subdue the will of the people through thuggery and to destroy the rule of law? Cause that is what your Tinubu stands for. Now defend him...
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by BluntBoy(m): 11:22pm On Mar 11, 2019
dodelight:
I couldn't reply you since morning cause I was busy at work. Now on my way home, I may spare you a bit of this precious time of mine. That your textbook you referred me to, does it state that the aim or goal of political parties is to ruin democracy, subdue the will of the people through thuggery and to destroy the rule of law? Cause that is what your Tinubu stands for. Now defend him...

How has Tinubu subdued the will of the people through thuggery? How has he destroyed the rule of law?

2 Likes

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by obinoral1179(m): 12:10am On Mar 12, 2019
dodelight:
you just wa waste your precious time typing nonsense. Tinubu supported adelabu the same way he supported all the other candidates from the south west and you are saying he another thing... Do you want Donald Trump to support a candidate for the republican? because I don't understand what you a saying.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by dodelight(m): 7:17am On Mar 12, 2019
BluntBoy:

How has Tinubu subdued the will of the people through thuggery? How has he destroyed the rule of law?
What happened in Lagos during the presidential election? Was that not intimidation of the opposition by his political thugs? And that eventually led to voters aparthy during the governorship poll. In case you have excuse for that, Osun rerun readily comes to mind. I was there. I was at the Freedom Park, the centre of the city when his boys and Aregbe's boys returned from that evil exploit with cutlasses and broken bottles, celebrating and calling their masters that they have finished the work, that APC will soon be declared winner. So I speak of what i know and have witnessed. That is how tinubu runs things. He would rather have nigeria burn if that will make him the king of ashes.
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by dodelight(m): 7:22am On Mar 12, 2019
obinoral1179:
you just wa waste your precious time typing nonsense. Tinubu supported adelabu the same way he supported all the other candidates from the south west and you are saying he another thing... Do you want Donald Trump to support a candidate for the republican? because I don't understand what you a saying.
you don't understand what i'm saying? well i understand yours, which is: a political leader must do whatever it takes to make his party win- whatever it takes, including violence, vote buying, voters intimidation, and so on. well, don't bother to seize the second point, i know some other parties do vote buying, too.
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 12, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

And I'm sure you'll celebrate that Kwankwaso installed his son in law as Kano governor o?

Hope you also celebrated Tinubu obliterating Saraki completely in Kwara?

Why can't you rejoice that Oyo state rebuked arrogant and uncouth Ajimobi, Kano rejected babariga ATM ganduje and Kwara punished Saraki for years of oppression?

This is people power. Has nothing to do with any godfather. If the winners mess up, in 4 years, the same fate awaits them

Great post. Beyond Party, religious and ethnic affiliation, we must all respect the democratic will of the people. As a staunch APC man I was not unhappy we lost Oyo because Ajimobi is terrible and a failure who gave the people no option but to reject APC because of his abject second-term failing.

Let the PDP Governor perform , if his Party will allow him, and shame Ajimobi and APC. Don't disregard the people for years and then show up in 4 years to seek their votes. I am ecstatic Ajimobi is not going to the Senate as well. He is what we call a waste man.

Don't deliver for the people , as a politician, and you leave regardless of who you are. That should be the message that will produce a progressive Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 8:22am On Mar 12, 2019
Oshigun:

Great post. Beyond Party, religious and ethnic affiliation, we must all respect the democratic will of the people. As a staunch APC man I was not unhappy we lost Oyo because Ajimobi is terrible and a failure who gave the people no option but to reject APC because of his abject second-term failing.

Let the PDP Governor perform , if his Party will allow him, and shame Ajimobi and APC. Don't disregard the people for years and then show up in 4 years to seek their votes. I am ecstatic Ajimobi is not going to the Senate as well. He is what we call a waste man.

Don't deliver for the people , as a politician, and you leave regardless of who you are. That should be the message that will produce a progressive Nigeria.

Exactly. Ajimobi wasted his opportunity to be a grand elder statesman in Oyo state and Yoruba land as a whole and since APC is his party, collateral damages came it's way as a result.

I hope Seyi Makinde performs. He's a bonafide Ibadan man and his success as a governor will be for the good of the state and Ìlè Oodúà as a whole
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 12, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

The bold is my only worry. In fairness to Ajimobi, he dealt decisively with criminality and the bad boys just like Amaechi did for us in PH. Ajimobi spent a lot on security and it showed. He saved Oyo from the brigandage of PDP and their henchmen.

I just hope PDP's return won't bring back crime and violence as we've witnessed this election cycle

Correct bro. If you read my last post you will note I said this development is good if, and a very big if, the PDP allow their Governor to deliver for Oyo folks. I personally doubt it because PDP was essentially created to corner the wealth of Nigeria for a few.

We will have to see what the man is made of but I strongly suspect he is essentially like GEJ. I.e chosen because he will keep things 'business as usual ' .

Oyo folks have given hìm their mandate. Suffice to say he is out 2023 if he does not understand that Yorubas don't tolerate failure.

1 Like

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by obinoral1179(m): 8:30am On Mar 12, 2019
dodelight:
you don't understand what i'm saying? well i understand yours, which is: a political leader must do whatever it takes to make his party win- whatever it takes, including violence, vote buying, voters intimidation, and so on. well, don't bother to seize the second point, i know some other parties do vote buying, too.
elections process are in 3 category
1 primaries
2 campaigns
3 voting

Tinubu supported who ever he wants to support and the 3rd process is done by the people of the state, I mean the locals of the state...many people just use jagaban name to cause atrocities though am not saying he is clean ooooo but as you said they are same and I can boldly say not only politicians but we the populace are our own downfall especially the youth of this country....

1 Like

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by ZombieNation: 8:35am On Mar 12, 2019
Dem no born that bastard well to near Oyo state when Adebui was alive.

Ondo still remains off limits to Tinubu.

The only state Tinubu has full control of outside Lagos is that backward Osun state.
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 12, 2019
ZombieNation:
Dem no born that bastard well to near Oyo state when Adebui was alive.

Ondo still remains off limits to Tinubu.

The only state Tinubu has full control of outside Lagos is that backward Osun state.

Will you shut up and go and face Abia, Enugu or Ebonyi politics. What is wrong with you people and your boundary issues? Na curse?

2 Likes

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by dodelight(m): 8:54am On Mar 12, 2019
obinoral1179:
elections process are in 3 category
1 primaries
2 campaigns
3 voting

Tinubu supported who ever he wants to support and the 3rd process is done by the people of the state, I mean the locals of the state...many people just use jagaban name to cause atrocities though am not saying he is clean ooooo but as you said they are same and I can boldly say not only politicians but we the populace are our own downfall especially the youth of this country....
Agreed!
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by 7lives: 8:56am On Mar 12, 2019
afroniger:

If you are upset that Tinubu did his best as a loyal party member to ensure that his party retains Oyo then that's your headache. Was he supposed to support PDP's Makinde instead of Adelabu? On what basis? Your bitterness is obviously clouding your sense of judgement. You are better off enjoying and cerebrating Makinde's victory without so much bitterness dude.

Don't mind them, Tinubu already balanced his equation by getting Kwara.
Their obsession with Tinubu is the reason the majority of them were hiding under the bed in Lagos here.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by ZombieNation: 8:58am On Mar 12, 2019
[s]
Oshigun:

Will you shut up and go and face Abia, Enugu or Ebonyi politics. What is wrong with you people and your boundary issues? Na curse?
[/s]

See this idiot.

So I should not gloat over your collective foolishness but you will not mind your business over Akwa Ibom and Rivers matter.

Oyoruba slave
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by DMerciful(m): 10:22am On Mar 12, 2019
See as people are shouting Tinubu this, Tinubu that! The day Bubu signs the new electoral bill and electronic voting and collation becomes possible, Tinubu will go into oblivion like others!
Forget all the streets people keeps talking, it's fear of his thugs and possible revenge that's why people are falling in line because they know he will rig to win and deal with his opponents but electronic election will fix this!
Tinubu should pray Kwakwanso doesn't becomes president (kwakwanso is likely to be president in 2023) because if he does, that's the beginning of the end of Tinubu dynasty! Kwakwanso seeming quietness is for a reason!
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by AfonjaConehead: 10:23am On Mar 12, 2019
7lives:

Don't mind them, Tinubu already balanced his equation by getting Kwara.
Their obsession with Tinubu is the reason the majority of them were hiding under the bed in Lagos here.

OSHOGBO champion claiming Lagos

grin
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by BluntBoy(m): 10:45am On Mar 12, 2019
dodelight:
What happened in Lagos during the presidential election? Was that not intimidation of the opposition by his political thugs? And that eventually led to voters aparthy during the governorship poll. In case you have excuse for that, Osun rerun readily comes to mind. I was there. I was at the Freedom Park, the centre of the city when his boys and Aregbe's boys returned from that evil exploit with cutlasses and broken bottles, celebrating and calling their masters that they have finished the work, that APC will soon be declared winner. So I speak of what i know and have witnessed. That is how tinubu runs things. He would rather have nigeria burn if that will make him the king of ashes.

I was in Osun in 2014 when Akala and other PDP chieftains were hurling abuses at Aregbe right there in Osogbo during PDP mega rally. Their thugs and soldiers were also on ground. The same thing happened in Ekiti in 2014 as well.

The truth is that thuggery is prominent in Nigerian politics, and it has been around for years, especially in Oyo, where elections have always been mostly bloody. Remember Operation Wetie during the power tussle between Awolowo and Akintola.

So, stop making this look like a Tinubu thing.

Sometime back, thugs associated with Saraki were caught. All these big politicians have their own thugs who do their dirty jobs for them. Sugar that was killed recently in Ibadan had served as a thug in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by fykes(m): 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2019
Now I wish every igbo business and political leaders can just watch and learn from this tinubu man.
Hate him or love him, igbo leaders can learn a few.
There's a reason why the man holds the ace in Lagos.. There's a reason his words are law and nationally a leader in APC. like every Capone, he has more enemies than friends and surely one day, dead or alive, his reign shall end but whose wouldn't.
That said,
Igbo politicians and business leaders should look across the west and North to find that leaders who raise and make men last longer in OR out of power than those who seek to buy loyalty with money.
U cant count how many figures have come to limelight through tinubu. I mean men who he virtually made, they served, became Kings and still stay loyal to him cos he made them.
But an average igbo man wants to be the iroko. If u even raise your head, he tries to bring u down. Cos he's easily threatened.
I will advise the likes of Alex Otti, Uche Ogah, Soludo, etc... To start looking at young and purposeful men to send to the state assemblies, local govt chairmanship, federal appointments etc, for a start...
Tinubu is pan Yoruba... As long as u can buy into his ideas... Igbo leaders and family and friends that's why they often fade without power

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo No Be Lagos, Una Go Soon See Why Ambode Is Smarter Than Obaseki / 24 Hour Curfew Imposed In Damaturu, Yobe / How Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.