Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo (13260 Views)

Why Tinubu Must Sack His US Lawyer By Festus Adedayo (The Cable) / Yes, Aisha Buhari Eats From Poor People’s Money! By Festus Adedayo / Abiola Ajimobi Loses Four Of Four Announced Local Governments In Oyo South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by superbouck(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2019
I need fairly used itel itel or techno phone in Ibadan My Number is 080534125520
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Blankstare(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
bettercreature:
Ajimobi is still the best ever if you consider his achievements.He is just rude
I watched one of his rallies where he started with.Thank God my wife that used to stop me from expressing my true feelings did not come with me today
They said I am Dating Mutiu Oyo
That ugly woman? That bleaching fool! Me dating mutiu Oyo? he spent like 30 minute to scold the woman

Lord have mercy! He really said this things... grin grin grin grin grin... The man might slightly psychologically Imbalance...who knows!

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by lordatkinson07(m): 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
Even though, no one is doubting your small piece epistle of you about this governor, he lost his OMOLUABI syndrome the moment he failed to do the needful and stay off from what he was less concerned off.

Ajimobi lambasted the students of Ladoke Akintola University who visited him on a peaceful Protest

He divided the Ibadan tradition against the lay down rules of the Olu of Ibadan

As the writer above me said, he killed his political career with the demolition of Ayefele's radio station

He looked at himself (like the biblical king Nebuchadnezzar) and give himself a Nick name "Constituted Authority"

Tell him to go back to his civic education class and learn that Authority is an offshore of Sovereignty and it belongs to the people and not the government.

I keep wondering how this man and his likes can resurrect their political careers in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by helinues: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
bettercreature:
I watched one of his rallies where he started with.Thank God my wife that used to stop me from expressing my true feelings did not come with me today
That ugly woman? That bleaching fool! Me dating mutiu Oyo? he spent like 30 minute to scold the woman

Hahahaha

Enu njawaya
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by bettercreature(m): 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
Blankstare:

Lord have mercy! He really said this things... grin grin grin grin grin... The man might slightly psychologically Imbalance...who knows!
The worse is the rallie was held near the woman's warehouse,so i am sure she heard him loud and clear
Ajimobi is a crazy man
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by 3kay945(m): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
I vividly remember the way he talked to the Lautech students during their protest or such. I detest him immediately that day.
What an arrogant fool!.

cool
The dude needs to learn alot from Tinubu on human relations.

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by sample09: 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ejimagift:
This writer is just using big big grammar to launder Ajimobi's battered image. The governor's arrogance and verbal diarrhea cost his party Oyo state. No one cares about the narratives of the OP as regards his private life or work relationship. He is a public servant and how he conducts himself in the public eye is what matters.

I could recall the governor lambasting former Splash Fm journalist Edmond Obilo on radio for inviting him to Splash Fm when he knew he won't be present in the studio to anchor the programme. Edmond had to apologize on Radio on the next version of Voices and made it known that he couldn't attend to the governor due to circumstances beyond his control.

Recall the utmost disregard for the Olubadan of Ibadan by the tyrannical governor Ajimobi. He changed ibadan chieftaincy laws and started appointing kings just to wither down Olubadan's authority.

Recall his encounter with Lauthec students where he insulted their parents and demanded they respect constituted authority forgetting the will of the people of Oyo is the utmost authority.

Recall the demolition of Ayefele's radio house. An action that further dented APC's chances in oyo state. Ayefele is generally perceived as a disabled man who strived to the top against all odds. Demolishing the building further painted Ajimobi as the enemy of the common man.

A whole governor that won governorship elections twice in the history of the state could no longer win a senatorial district due to staunch hatred by people who once loved him and this OP is talking about working relationships.

The APC leadership at national level were looking away while ajimobi kept damaging their chances in oyo state, rather than check his excesses then they acted when the situation was beyond repair by buying Akala's support and making die minute reconciliatory moves.

The winner are the people of oyo state for sending the uncouth and arrogant man into political oblivion. He doesn't possess the quality of a good leader and he's a novice in grass root politics. Never in the history of Yoruba land has an outgoing governor been hated so much. Even Amosun of ogun state gave APC a run for their money with his emergency APM party.

Had Seyi makinde ran under the unpopular Kowa party, he would have won. The election was a protest vote by the people of Oyo state against their irresponsible governor.

Most of what you listed here happened in his second term. Truth be told he performed in his first tenure as governor. Tho there were some flaws in his first term too.. But majority happened in his second term.. Maybe that is why oyo don't like serving a government twice. He was the first and he misused it.

5 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by daylae(m): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
Sterope:
He remains the best we have had so far.
you can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by berbs: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
Damage control leleyi oooo cheesy Medicine after death angry He should go and sell his refinery in Lebanon so that he can pay the N45billion he's owing the Pensioners in terms of Gratuities and pensions all in arreas

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Mcy56(f): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
tolexy007:
In Oyo state, The masses pick their governor while in Lagos state Tinubu and Mc Oluomo hand their governor for dem.... Congrat to Seyi Makinde
Stop saying what you dont know.
Lagos' case is liken to "you not changing what is working best for you". Simple.
The PDP governorship candidate has nothing to offer and this is very glaring.

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by KunleyY19(m): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2019
tolexy007:
In Oyo state, The masses pick their governor while in Lagos state Tinubu and Mc Oluomo hand their governor for dem.... Congrat to Seyi Makinde

The ones wey una don pick how dem help your state
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by darecool(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2019
bettercreature:
Best of what if I may ask?
Maybe best between him and Alao Akala. Infrastructural development didn't start with him, neither was he superb in educational development.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Macon1212: 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
Sterope:
He remains the best we have had so far.

One of his daughters l guess made this comment, you will soon realize is the worst when Makinde start probing him and see how much he loot from treasury.

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by deomelo: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
Sadly, Oyo state which is the direct and major beneficiary of APC/PMB's landmark achievements, the Lagos-Ibadan Railway and Lagos Ibadan expressway voted against the same APC/PMB, all because of collective shortsightedness and political foolery over right or wrong interception about the outgoing governor who was not even on the ballot, he's no longer your problem.

Now you are back in the opposition column, the same opposition that left you for dead with zero federal attention and the ever rotten Lagos Ibadan express they used for decades to loot funds.

Political maturity and sophistication in the SW sound like a myth sometimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by iammo(m): 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2019

Ajimobi really bleeped up, best governor in terms of positive development, but worst in terms of public relations.

Ayefele built his station to close to a state road, neglecting goverment approved building plan hence causing death of many leadcity students and road users.

Rather than accomodating conflicting apc members he rubished and pushed them out
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by deomelo: 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
KunleyY19:

The ones wey una don pick how dem help your state

Their village governors don turn their poor, wretched and unproductive villages into Dubai

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by KunleyY19(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2019
deomelo:

Their village governors don turn their poor, wretched and unproductive villages into Dubai

gringringringrin
Their only similarity with Dubai Is Colour Brown...

Dubai Color Brown na Sand Dunes.
Their Own na Brown Roof.

gringringrin
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Iamgrey5(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2019
deomelo:
Sadly, Oyo state which is the direct and major beneficiary of APC/PMB's landmark achievements, the Lagos-Ibadan Railway and Lagos Ibadan expressway voted against the same APC/PMB, all because of collective shortsightedness and political foolery over right or wrong interception about the outgoing governor who was not even on the ballot, he's no longer your problem.

Now you are back in the opposition column, the same opposition that left you for dead with zero federal attention and the ever rotten Lagos Ibadan express they used for decades to loot funds.

It is not that simple bro

I am an APC apologist but I will have voted against Ajimobi's senatorial Ambitions.

Do you know that APC members were forced to pick him as their senatorial candidate over baba Akanbi at gun point?

Ajimobi's numerous bad policies and misdeeds spooked many people.

APC should have corrected him all these while.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2019
Atleast he will did not use his office to try and rig the election like some are doing.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Marjoribanks: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2019
deomelo:

you APC guys like taking another man's glory to yourself. Lagos-Ibadan expressway was started by Jonathan. The railway was started by Jonathan Administration. Please stop carrying false info. So, Oyo state should vote for APC cos of those! You are part of our problem and a disgrace to Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by KunleyY19(m): 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2019
Buhari should Just Give Penkelemesi Ministerial appointment...

We need his brain at Federal Level if Oyo no need am... Fmr Deputy of CBN...Ha That brain must not be wasted...

Shittu should goan queue for NYSC...
gringringrin
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Sard(m): 2:56pm On Mar 11, 2019
Marjoribanks:
you APC guys like taking another man's glory to yourself. Lagos-Ibadan expressway was started by Jonathan. The railway was started by Jonathan Administration. Please stop carrying false info. So, Oyo state should vote for APC cos of those! You are part of our problem and a disgrace to Yoruba land
I swear some of those APC apologists are useless. See all the things he was citing as the reasons Oyo people should have considered to vote APC.
Warped up mentality of political sycophants.
àwon òdè, onísokúso.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Sterope(f): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2019
Are you from Ibadan? If no, waka pass please.

I am tired of people talking about what they know nothing about.

Macon1212:

One of his daughters l guess made this comment, you will soon realize is the worst when Makinde start probing him and see how much he loot from treasury.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by agbekeOreke86(f): 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
'ebooo yiii poooo juuuu naaa....kilode' shocked...(Lingua's too much)...but sincerely,he is a very smart n intelligent man...probably his smartness and ego beclouded his senses n he became way too smart....sooo much that it affected everythin with/in/around him-reasoning,talking/human relations,decision making...etc...plus i guess he gloats over himself that he's the number one citizen and nobody can challenge him plus he probably sorrounded himself with people that wouldnt tell him the truth-probably dey dnt want him strippin them of thier post as he's done it severally to anybody dat tends not to agree with wateva decision he makes or they dnt want him insultin dem n their generation...wateva it is,he is the architect of his own downfall.he exihibited waaaayyy toooo much political prowess n it ruined him!!!!He's smart no doubt,he's intelligent-yes,very eloquent too-yes but mheenn,he blew it all outta proportion!!!!!
i agree we are all humans,diff with our individual differences and unique personalities that makes us who we are but Gov.Ajimobi made more than one too many sensitive n costly mistakes!!!!
it is well!!!
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by deomelo: 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
It is not that simple bro

I am an APC apologist but I will have voted against Ajimobi's senatorial Ambitions.

Do you know that APC members were forced to pick him as their senatorial candidate over baba Akanbi at gun point?

Ajimobi's numerous bad policies and misdeeds spooked many people.

APC should have corrected him all these while.

You missed my point. They probably did the right thing by denying him the senate seat, but they miscalculated in gubernatorial.

Right or wrong, it doesn't matter because he's on his way out anyway so why put yourself in the opposition column and align with the same worthless party that did not do anything for you instead of the party that gave you the best prize and infrastructure projects since independence?

Where is the sense and wisdom in endangering your progress and development just because you dislike an outgoing governor who's never going to be your problem again.

This is the kind of upside down politics and voting against your own interest syndrome they have in politically immature and ignorant places in the SE/SS where they are permanently glued to the PDP, a political party they've never benefited from.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Oothman(m): 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
bettercreature:
Yeah. It was at Bola Ige international market.

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by deomelo: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
[s]
Marjoribanks:
[/s]

Oh I forgot, the same Lagos Ibadan 16 years and 3 PDP administrations from OBJ, Yaradua and Jona couldn't fix after passing and approving looting and stealing budgets for 16 years. Even your Sarathief cut the budget for the same road last year.

These are the same clowns Oyo people just returned to.

Thanks for reminding me per how useless and worthless your PDP uncles are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by Iamgrey5(m): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2019
deomelo:

You missed my point. They probably did the right thing by denying him the senate seat, but they miscalculated in gubernatorial.

Right or wrong, it doesn't matter because he's on his way out anyway so why put yourself in the opposition column and align with the same worthless party that did not do anything for you instead of the party that gave you the best prize and infrastructure projects since independence?

Where is the sense and wisdom in endangering your progress and development just because you dislike an outgoing governor who's never going to be your problem again.

This is the kind of upside down politics and voting against your own interest syndrome they have in politically immature and ignorant places in the SE/SS where they are permanently glued to the PDP, a political party they've never benefited from.

I get your point

But if you study the election results very closely, you will realize that lg that voted Buhari just under two weeks ago voted against APC this time around.

This is because they felt a vote for APC in the governorship elections is a vote for Ajimobi by proxy.

Adelabu has no political capital nor reputation in the Oyo state political scene. Hence, people felt he will just be a figure head while Ajimobi hold sway.

The thought of Ajimobi having any power at any level in Oyo state spooked the opposition of Apc and most people in Oyo state to work hard in ensuring APC defeat.

Seyi will have won even if he had contested under KOWA, this had nothing to do with PDP.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by forgiveness: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
deomelo:

It's quite unfortunate that emotions have gone beyond critical thinking.

If the people of Oyo and Ibadan don't want infrastructural development like the railway, the federal government should please divert it away from Ibadan to nearby states.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2019
bettercreature:

Are you serious? As in he really said that?

MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Crisis: Fubara’s Loyalists Face Terrorism Charges In Abuja Court / I’m Ready For PDP Forces – Aregbesola / There Are No Political Killings In Rivers, Only Cult Clashes – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.