Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,303 members, 7,957,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Coping With A Repressive Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Coping With A Repressive Boss (339 Views)

Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? / How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coping With A Repressive Boss by Emmytrill(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2019
Although i have been facing repressive tendencies from my boss for some time now, His actions these past few days have really left me sad, undervalued and unappreciated.

I work in a department that demands you think strategically and be creative. But it is just as if i am doing nothing because all my ideas and creativity are usurped by my boss who then takes all the glory, promotion and commendation.

The last action that really tore me apart was an idea i came up with, which he termed unnecessary. Nonetheless, i still packaged the idea and sent it to him to still fully prove my point. To my greatest surprise, he expunged my name from the document, affixed his own name and sent to management without me even in copy. I only got to know when he forwarded the mail to me, telling me he inadvertently excluded me from the mail. I was also told by a senior colleague he has been getting lots of accolade for the mail. One even told me innocently he was very impressed with what my boss came up with, not knowing it was my sweat. I cried inside.

I had to take control of my emotions in order not to confront him and utter hurtful words. i Don't know if anyone is currently going through such. I want to know how you were able to cope in such situations. People with similar experiences can also share.

I feel so pained.
Re: Coping With A Repressive Boss by essenceplus: 9:32am On Jun 10, 2019
Just suppress your emotions.it kills them like fire

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Blog Editors Wanted / Make At Least $100 Weekly Using Your Android Phone / Word Of The Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.