Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,318 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory (55950 Views)

Wike Vs Awara: "We Will Conduct Supplimentary Election In Rivers State" - INEC / Nyesom Wike Wins 8 LGAs In Rivers, Awara 2 / Rivers Guber: Wike And Awara Clash In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Front0lane: 4:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
…Urges INEC to declare him winner of the polls
…rejects INEC suspension of results
…Says INEC has no right to suspend results where elections’ve been concluded

The governorship candidate of the African Action Congress, AAC, in Rivers state, Engr. Awara Biokpomabo, has rejected the suspension of the state’s results by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in the Saturday’s governorship and state houses of assembly elections held in the state and other parts of the country

Biokpomabo, in a statement on Monday, said INEC has no right to stop his victory at the polls because, according to him, no provision of the electoral act permits the commission to suspend elections that have already been concluded. According to him, results from the areas that witnessed violence, a basis upon which INEC suspended the results’ announcements, had already been declared at the polling units and collation had begun before the abrupt suspension of the process. He said, based on the results already collated and declared from the polling units, that he was in clear lead and was coasting to victory, haven won over 15 local government areas. He listed the LGAs where he said results had already been collated and declared before INEC suspended the process.

According to the AAC candidate, “My Party, the African Action Congress (AAC) a duly registered Political Party fielded candidates for the Governorship, House of Representatives, Senate, and House of Assembly positions for the General Elections held on the 9th day of March, 2019. The aforesaid elections held as scheduled and proceeded up to collation stage in some Local Government Areas, and in some other Local Government Areas, results had already been collated and declared, before the Independent National Electoral Commission suspended the remaining stages of the election, which I was in clear lead and was coasting to victory. Some of the unit results announced at the polling units in the Local Government were collations were not concluded clearly before the suspension of the processes show that I won over 15 Local Government Areas. The INEC pleaded insecurity, violence, seizure of electoral materials by hoodlums etc. as the reasons for suspending the remaining stages of the Election. I reject the reason given by INEC.

This is because in the Local Government Areas that were affected, voting had concluded, results declared at the polling units and collation had begun before the abrupt suspension of the process. The Commission does not have the power under our Electoral Act to suspend elections that has already been concluded. My agents at the field reported to me that the results had already been declared in the under listed Local Government:

S/N LGA AAC PDP i.

PORT HARCOURT CITY LOCAL GOVERNMENT 11,866 42,190
AHOADA WEST 44,857 5,866
ELEME 27,712 4,436
ASARI-TORU 18,834 2,239
AKUKU TORU 57,815 5,696
IKWERRE 96,663 7,554
OYIGBO 32,026 8,652

TOTAL 289,773 76,633

The Local Government Areas collations were ongoing were: Opobo/Nkoro Abua/Odual iii. Okirika iiii. Ogu/Bolo Khana Degema vii. Tai viii. Obio/Akpor Gokana Bonny Ahoada East xii. Omuma xiii. Andoni xiiii. Etche Emohua xvi. Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni The suspension of the elections by INEC was done to give respite to candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who was trailing behind, frustrate my victory.

My party went into these elections against an umpire dangerously skewed in favour of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). The Resident Electoral Commission, all the Electoral Officers, Assistant Electoral Officers, Heads of Department in the Rivers, Offices of The Commission were all working for the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party. No wonder when they saw that I was leading and would eventually win the election, they raised a false alarm to the Headquarter of the Commission and misinformed them that there was widespread violence and seizure of electoral materials. We have on good authority the following facts: i.​Every Local Government Council Chairman in Rivers State pays the sum of One Million Naira (N1,000,000) to the Electoral Officer assigned to his Local Government and other sums of money to other electoral personnel; ii.​The Resident Electoral Commissioner was bought a house for in Maitama Area of Abuja by the Governor of Rivers State, who incidentally is the Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP); and iii.​

The Administrative Secretary of the Rivers State office of the Commission was paid the sum of Three Hundred Million (N300,000,000) Naira as inducement to secure 100 percent posting of the Ad-hoc staff list in favour of the PDP. To justify the financial inducement given to him, the said Administrative Secretary did not only ensure that the posting of the Ad-hoc staff overtly favoured the PDP but he also got carried away to the extent that he even included the names of well known relatives of some PDP candidates and chieftains in the list.

On his part the State Resident Electoral Commisioner (REC) on the eve of the election replaced most of the ad-hoc workers which were already published on the Commission’s notice boards with the names of card carrying members of the PDP. For instance, in the following Local Government Areas, the under listed persons were suddenly deployed as Local Government Collation Officers: i.​Emohua ——- Dr. Peter Medee a card carrying member of the PDP ii.​Khana ——– Mr. Gbenekanu Ledornu who is both a card carrying member of the PDP and the younger brother of Dr. Barr Mpigi (a Senatorial Candidate of the PDP) was appointed Returning Officer for Khana LGA. The said Mr. Gbenekanu Ledornu has just completed course work on his Ph.D programme.

He is not yet a Lecturer not to talk of been a Senior Lecturer, yet Elder Etim John conniving with Mr. Oboe Efaga appointed him Returning Officer for Khana LGA. Iii.​Tai: Prof. Patrick Mmon a card carrying member of PDP The said State Resident Electoral Commissioner has not been able to conclude any election in Rivers State since he took over the office. You will all recall that the State Resident Electoral Commissioner, after suspending the PHALGA Constituency 111 State House of Assembly rerun election, recklessly abandoned that election process since August 2018 until date. The AAC will not again allow the State Resident Electoral Commissioner Mr. Oboe Efaga and INEC to subvert a free and fair elections solely because it was obvious to them that their preferred candidate was losing the election.

It should be noted that during the National Assembly rerun election in Rivers State in 2016, Governor Wike stormed the Rivers East Senatorial District Collation Centre at the Port Harcourt City Local Government Council secretariat Port Harcourt in the same manner he stormed the Obio Akpor Local Government Collation Centre yesterday the 9th day of March, 2019 and forced the Senatorial Collation Officer to declare Sen. George Thompson Sekibo as the winner. At the Emohua Local Government Area, the Electoral officer absconded with ALL the sensitive election materials and ran to the INEC Head of Offices in Port Harcourt, pleading insecurity while the atmosphere was calm at the INEC office in Emohua. Obio/Akpor and Emohua Local Government Areas perhaps were the only 2 Local Government

Areas that the collation process were disrupted. The said disruptions were caused by the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party himself. Suspending the said election on the ground of violence will amount to the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party benefiting from his own wrong. In the light of the forgoing facts, I make the following demands: i.​That the results already declared at the aforesaid Local Government collation centres should be accepted; ii.​That INEC should declare me Engr. Awara Biokpomabo of the African Action Congress (AAC), the winner of the 09-03-2019 Governorship election in the state; iii.​The State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) Mr. Oboe Efaga should be immediately redeployed for gross incompetence. The said State Resident Electoral Commissioner has not been able to conclude any election in Rivers State since he took over the office. The PHALGA Constituency 111 State Assembly election is a case in point.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/rivers-inec-has-no-right-to-halt-my-victory-aac-governorship-candidate-biokpomabo/

7 Likes

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by kcnwaigbo: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
Mumu.See ya mouth like victory

333 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Wizygreat12: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
You are a Mad Man for saying this Rubbish Mumu no be only Victory na Buhari. idiot

270 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
I see this man or sowore been killed. You've no idea what you are toying with

173 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Front0lane: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
I have said it not once not twice Wike can never ever win a free & fair election in Rivers state.The will of the people supersede all others and Rivers electorate vote must count, no longer will Wike be allowed to write election result in his bedroom nor will Ebele Patience be allowed to loot Rivers treasury only to forfeit it to Buhari.

It is finished for Wike and the ugly fat bitch Patience Ebele

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by donc26(m): 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2019
Our incoming Governor .I hail you sir. Inec does not have the right to halt an ongoing process. Wike is gone .

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Banmeallday: 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
donc26:
Our incoming Governor .I hail you sir. Inec does not have the right to halt an ongoing process. Wike is gone .

How does this change your life. You people at the bottom of the pyramid are constantly boasting and bragging for those rogues who dont know you or give 2 phucks about you or your family.

Dayum

185 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 11, 2019
Did e even campaigned, dear people of rivers the army, buhari or d international community does not care abt u.... Ask Syria before u put ur house on fire....... Infact the army does Wat they are asked to

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by otokx(m): 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
Whoever wins carries the day, the courts are open anyway.

1 Like

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by IbrahimDamola: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
Thief... Who sabi you before!

Even Sowore have distanced himself from you.
Ole!

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by JOMAX: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
AAC talk less of Biokpomabo lacks the machinery to activate this epistle this is simply the handiwork of APC and Amaechi. INEC should declare the election inconclusive already and let a fresh election be held in full glare of the Universe.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by MyMouth(m): 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
JOMAX:
AAC talk less of Biokpomabo lacks the machinery to activate this epistle this is simply the handiwork of APC and Amaechi. INEC should declare the election inconclusive already and let a fresh election be held in full glare of the Universe.
So u guys are begging for the election to be declared inconclusive Wonders will never end!

33 Likes

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Richardonald(m): 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
the funniest thing is APC are trying using AAC to beat PDP in rivers state. which is not possible. how many people do know about a party called AAC in rivers, this stuff is looking as if we are in 3D world. who sabi AAC logo here in rivers, if they 5000 votes in all rivers state then APC rigged the 5000 votes... rivers are Igbo just like kwara is to Yoruba. AAC in rivers wonder shall never end.... truth be told APC is a disaster.

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by cr7lomo: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
Someone that can't win counselor in any ward with that dead party is asking inec to declare him governor of a whole rivers state...this guy get mind ooo.there are some states that people should stay clear of...Kano and rivers.... Amaechi will just put this one and his family in trouble and run away.... a state full of cultists and crazy militants....hmmmm ......i pity this guy's life....sowore should make a new statement on the rivers issue....this guy will kill this new AAC party and sowore will go down

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2019
AAC candidate that didn't campaign. .that people don't even know how he looks or what their party logo is dey claim victory. ..na waooo. ..APC wanting to rule through the back ..

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Realtord43: 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2019
See this fool that APC is helping to rig in have guts to say rubbish. no matter wht u cant win

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
Fubaracole99:
Rivers state will not allow a nobody to be installed by low brain Amaechi, we're ever ready to defend our land.. Don't mind the fool he's not from Rivers state and he can't be
You don't know what's happening here in Rivers. Ask Wike, he is licking his wounds. Have you hear him shout since? He knows that he odds are heavily against him.

24 Likes

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Raydos: 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
K
Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by hisexcellency34: 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
I will lead an operation to get you your mandate

2 Likes

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Colonelswitz101(m): 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin u mean inec is withholding d gift ur daddy bought for u....

9 Likes

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Xisnin(m): 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2019
This puppet is playing a very dangerous game.
Well, he might be rewarded with a ministerial position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by bayelsaowei(m): 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2019
See this fool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by fortunechy(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
in ur uselessly useless nightmares

5 Likes

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Pamtoye(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
See who's talking .. Diz one dat his boss couldn't even get up to 50k votes... APC has really given him big liver sha

9 Likes

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Chikpat(m): 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
Must Wike be the Gov of Rivers state?

Without prejudice, undue and unwarranted bias, this guy has made good points.
It is worthy to note and to investigate the following-

1) if they made a PhD student a returning officer;
2) If N1,000,000 is monthly paid by the Rivers govt to the local INEC offices (that should get their operational costs funding from federal);
3) If Wike paid the officer N300,000,000;
4) If Wike bought a house in Abuja for the Rivers state REC;
5) If INEC populated the adhoc staff list with PDP members;

If all are confirmed to be true, one may wonder less how "Rivers state is PDP and PDP is Rivers state", whatever it means.

Now with bias, people should now consider the following;
1)Must Wike be Governor?

2)After all the people that died in 2015 for him to emerge as the governor and the multitudes that died more after he was made a governor, should INEC be allowed (as the AAC candidate alleged) to once again rig an election for WIke a second time in Rivers?

3) Does INEC have the power to suspend an election duly conducted, with results collated accordingly in the guise of alleged insecurity/violence simply because the man who bribed them is seen to have lost the game?

4) Why should INEC not declare this innocent helpless man that will change the politics of Rivers for good and right the wrongs of the misgovernace, dereliction of duty, corruption of the Wike administration?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Echo50(m): 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
You are a growing up politician in the state and if you start this way, your career is gone.

You know what is right so just do it. learn from Tonye cole of [APC], DUMO Lulu briggs of Accord party and the then Dakuku peterside.

Hope u have not sold your valuable property to Ameachi as an agreement?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by Olukat(m): 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
Who be this one again grin grin grin grin grin
Let Wike's shadow cross your path there if you no get stroke grin grin grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory by kamez(m): 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
clown!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye In 1990 In Okene (Throwback Photo) / President Buhari Appoints Sarki Auwalu As Director, DPR / President Buhari's Tribute To Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.