Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,447 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Exclusive - Taye Currency Blasts Blogger Over Death Rumour - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusive - Taye Currency Blasts Blogger Over Death Rumour (376 Views)

Taye Currency Gives Zazoo Portable Money, Tells Him To Colect It Personally / Laura Ikeji Blasts Blogger Ifeoma For Trying To Steal Her Husband Via Blackmail / Mercy Aigbe Threatens To Sue Blogger Over Her Daughter's Upkeep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive - Taye Currency Blasts Blogger Over Death Rumour by doggone: 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2019
@doggone

VERA music award winner, Taye Currency, has debunked news that he had been shot dead in Ibadan following the success of Seyi Makinde at the gubernatorial poll on Saturday.
Taye, who has never hidden his support for the PDP (Peoples Democratic Party) since he publicity campaigned for former governor of Oyo State, Alao Akala against the incumbent, Senator Isiaka Ajimobi, reportedly incurred the wrath of some miscreants apologetic to the APC (All Progressive Party) who stormed his house at Oluyole Estate Saturday night.
In an exclusive chat with DNA (Doggone News Associated), Mr Tope Eluyefa, a close aide of the Fuji musician, the entertainment journalist said the story was the handwork of “a disgruntled blogger in Lagos known for not only spreading rumours, but also thrives on blackmailing people for filthy lucre.”
He denied the report. He also said it was not true that Taye’s mother was also killed in the aftermath of the fake story.
“I spoke with Mama an hour ago. She wanted to know how we were faring. She wasn’t even aware of the story and I didn’t discuss it with her not to cause her to panic.
Taye Currency
Taye Currency
“My phone has not stopped ringing since the news filtered out. Even a BBC (the British Broadcasting Corporation) correspondent called. I wasn’t surprised that people who never called regularly began to do so because we all know that bad news travels fast. However, it was also a demonstration of love on the part of many who were genuinely interested in Taye’s life and safety.
“I will only advice journalists, especially online practisioners, to be factual. The story was written to create chaos in Ibadan and it almost achieved that but for intervention by our fans and friends who did their best to also debunk the story.
“Taye is safe. Yussuf, his son who was just voted to the state House of Assembly, is safe. Mama is safe. Taye’s wife is safe,” he confirmed.

http://dna.com.ng/taye-currency-blasts-blogger-over-death-rumour/

(1) (Reply)

Rita Dominic Reveals How She Fights Her Inner Demons / Osowobi Becomes First Nigerian To Be Named Commonwealth Young Person Of The Year / q

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.