Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,465 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ..... (806 Views)

19th Century Mormon Missionaries Were Sex Traffickers!!! / Top Countries Sending And Receiving Christian Missionaries / Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
Re: ..... by gozipeter: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
Then they are not missionaries
Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
gozipeter:
Then they are not missionaries
How so?? So the word "missionary" only relates with the 2 major religions here??
Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: ..... by Lukuluku69(m): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:
I've been thinking for some time now about the foundational bedrock of religion in this country
I wonder what the situation would be now if we were colonized by a Buddhists-majority country or if the first "foreign" religions to make "missionary" inroads into our country were neither Christianity nor Islam.
BTW am not an atheist so save your pickforks....
I just want a reasonable discussion

Buddhism and Hinduism is not a Missionary Faith. Read up on them.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 11, 2019
What if what you really need right now is a chilled glass of your 'brand'?

wink

OK if you're in doubt, pick up a good history book.
Re: ..... by Maxi3k(m): 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
BUDDHISM ke.....
I no dey ready to meditate for 10 hrs abeg
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
Re: ..... by Lukuluku69(m): 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:

I said "what if"
The topic is not about the doctrine or practices of Buddhism as a religion.
Bear in mind that I am talking about "all" religions except the 2 "majors" we have here and we have hundreds of them.
So Pls let's focus on the main issue instead of diversion

My bad. But I answered your enquiry nah. They did not come because they never believed their Faith is for the World. And if at all they show, of cos, we would have Buddhists and Hindus amongst us.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
Lukuluku69:

My bad. But I answered your enquiry nah. They did not come because they never believed their Faith is for the World. And if at all they show, of cos, we would have Buddhists and Hindus amongst us.
Okay,Thanks for your opinion
Re: ..... by Coloradvantage(m): 9:32pm On Mar 11, 2019
No religion is superior to the other, it is just a matter of what one is exposed to or born into. If perhaps the first people to step their foot on our soil were Hindu or Buddhists, trust me... Most of us will still defend those faith with the last drop of our blood. Lol.

Religion shaaa!

Oh! Buddhism is not a religion... They say is a way of living.

1 Like

Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2019
Maxi3k:
BUDDHISM ke.....
I no dey ready to meditate for 10 hrs abeg
Lol..
You would be surprised to discover that they probably view other religions the same way we view theirs.
My mama soup sweet pa......
Re: ..... by OpenYourEyes1: 7:44am On Mar 12, 2019
The main purpose of Christianity is to preach repentance, spread awareness of the coming Kingdom, and end of age.
The secondary purpose is to raise up true followers of Jesus (saints & martyrs) who will rule the world with Jesus in his one thousand years reign... The number of this saints is one hundred & Forty-four thousands.
In the end GOD will judge mankind based on our deeds while on earth.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
The main purpose of Christianity is to preach repentance, spread awareness of the coming Kingdom, and end of age.
The secondary purpose is to raise up true followers of Jesus (saints & martyrs) who will rule the world with Jesus in his one thousand years reign... The number of this saints is one hundred & Forty-four thousands.
In the end GOD will judge mankind based on our deeds while on earth.
Well other religions have their "good" purposes and intentions
Re: ..... by OpenYourEyes1: 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:
Well other religions have their "good" purposes and intentions

No. Pagan religions are all evil and full of deception
Re: ..... by drips8(m): 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:
I've been thinking for some time now about the foundational bedrock of religion in this country.

I wonder what the situation would be now if we were colonized by a Buddhists-majority country or if the first "foreign" religions to make "missionary" inroads into our country were neither Christianity nor Islam.

Do you think Christianity and Islam would still be our major religions??

BTW i am not an atheist so save your pickforks....

If Nigeria was colonized by a nation like india,probably all Nigerian Christians would be practicing Hinduism or Buddhism.

The truth is everyone only follows their religion simply because they were born into it and they are literally convinced that it is the right one despite having no proof.

2 Likes

Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

That's your opinion. Those who are practicing it don't see it that way at all. Everyone sees their own religion as the best no matter what you tell them.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

BTW I want to know the religions "you" consider to be pagan(s)
Re: ..... by Goel: 12:33am On Mar 13, 2019
drips8:
If Nigeria was colonized by a nation like india,probably all Nigerian Christians would be practicing Hinduism or Buddhism.
1. India is not a colonial power. It's actually an anti colonial country who founded the anti imperialist and anti totalarist non aligned "third world". Hindus didn't attack around world unlike Muslims and Christians to teach religion to foreign people.
2. Hinduism is not a single religion but a set of Indian religions who have Indian monotheistic, Indian polytheistic and Indian atheists culture, mistaken by west as one religion.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 13, 2019
Goel:

1. India is not a colonial power. It's actually an anti colonial country who founded the anti imperialist and anti totalarist non aligned "third world". Hindus didn't attack around world unlike Muslims and Christians to teach religion to foreign people.
2. Hinduism is not a single religion but a set of Indian religions who have Indian monotheistic, Indian polytheistic and Indian atheists culture, mistaken by west as one religion.
Think about the word "IF" and what it means
Re: ..... by drips8(m): 7:21am On Mar 13, 2019
Goel:

Thanks for the info

I was only trying to make out a point

1 Like

Re: ..... by Goel: 3:57am On Mar 15, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:

Think about the word "IF" and what it means
Still not. Even if we believe that India would have started to colonize countries, Indians don't have a habit of imposing their culture or beliefs on others.

Unlike Muslims & Christians, Hindus don't follow any books or rigid personal religious laws. By our definition, as long as you are living a righteous and honest life with principles, no matter what if you believe in any God or you are an atheist. You will be called a Hindu.

We don't have anything to impose on you and convert you guys. Seriously
Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 15, 2019
Goel:

Still not. Even if we believe that India would have started to colonize countries, Indians don't have a habit of imposing their culture or beliefs on others.

Unlike Muslims & Christians, Hindus don't follow any books or rigid personal religious laws. By our definition, as long as you are living a righteous and honest life with principles, no matter what if you believe in any God or you are an atheist. You will be called a Hindu.

Still not getting it....
I know I mentioned Hinduism but the point I was trying to make was "other religions"
I get your drift though.

1 Like

Re: ..... by Goel: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:

Still not getting it....
I know I mentioned Hinduism but the point I was trying to make was "other religions"
I get your drift though.
I got your point very well but you dragged wrong example. You'd be better with a country like Israel who's Jew in your example.

Hinduism isn't a religion to which you can be converted to. Westerners misinterpreted various Indian communities together as a religion. We don't have a dedicated religion even we follow, leave alone converting you.
Many Hindu communities don't even believe on God.
Re: ..... by Shepherd00: 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:
I've been thinking for some time now about the foundational bedrock of religion in this country.

Do you think Christianity and Islam would still be our major religions??

BTW i am not an atheist so save your pickforks....
How then will they be missionaries?
Re: ..... by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2019
Shepherd00:
How then will they be missionaries?
So Christianity and Islam invented Missionaries right??
Re: ..... by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2019
Goel:

I got your point very well but you dragged wrong example. You'd be better with a country like Israel who's Jew in your example.

Hinduism isn't a religion to which you can be converted to. Westerners misinterpreted various Indian communities together as a religion. We don't have a dedicated religion even we follow, leave alone converting you.
OK

1 Like

Re: ..... by Shepherd00: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:

So Christianity and Islam invented Missionaries right??
As far as I know, there are no Islamic missionaries. That is becos Islam does not run ministries only Christians do. But, If you know any pls present.
Re: ..... by igbesachick: 4:42am On Apr 29, 2022
Goel:

hindism is not a religion ? yes, it is. and it is as disgusting and mediavel as islam that disseminate its belief by wombs. both muslim and hindists are born to be . you were a hindist in your mother's womb already. of course, no one need to convert you. savages !
Re: ..... by igbesachick: 4:52am On May 01, 2022
Goel:

hindism is depicted to be "pissful" because it is never a challenge for the dominating West. for thoudands of years, it is christianity being slaughtered by powerful muslim empires and the crusading reprisa
ls.

if you india dare send your navy warships to cruise in the open sea in the indian ocean or if india gdp supasses japan, see how we chinese and america join hands to clamp you down ! now you are safe and pampered and depicted to peaceful because you are weak .

BTW, if you indian can one day invent some hi tech stuff, see how america will squash you, the way america stamped japanese technology down in 1990s. either you give up the few inverions or give up your whole economics.

you india are not yet able of being a rival or china or the West, live with your pissful religion and keep dog eat dog with islam.

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Is A False Book Based On Lies And Deceit - Dr Obadele Kambon / My Wasted Years In Olumba Olumba Obu’s Evil Brotherhood / VIDEO: Bird Turns Into Half-naked Woman, Exposes TB Joshua!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.