Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

The Five Best Nigerian Music Videos From Last Week. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Five Best Nigerian Music Videos From Last Week. (270 Views)

Name Your Top Five Best Songs Of 2020 / Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube / 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Five Best Nigerian Music Videos From Last Week. by MusicOri: 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
The original plan of a music video is to promote a song, but after seeing the video for the first, second, and third or fourth time, you soon realise it was made not just to promote a song but create a story with the song, besides, some music promote themselves, so why bother create a video. Music video production in Nigeria has really been redefined but some producers are yet to understand the rudiments of a good music video. Well, that shouldn't shock you, with the proliferation of cheap equipment and the advent of video sharing platforms like YouTube, Vimeo and Tidal anyone can just get himself a gadget and start producing music videos. Notwithstanding, they have really improved. Do you know the time spent producing some music videos scenes is about four times longer than the time spent producing some Nollywood movie scenes of the same length, Now, I don't know if I should cry or laugh.

Yeah, music videos are short, but these directors know their art. Sometimes, I wish some of the music video directors in Nigeria could just move to Nollywood and serve us some good stuff.
Well, that's not why we are here. Today,
I bring to you the five best music videos from last week

5. Woman by Tekno. Shot by Clarence
We said a music video does more than promote a song, it gives meaning to a song. When Tekno said “dem say ‘a woman place na for kitchen…she no suppose to talk for the meeting” and you are asked what continent would have that kind of belief, you would definitely say Africa. And this was what the video of this song did, it showed us that an African woman is an elegant and energetic woman in an aesthetic and African way and made us believe that what a man can do, a woman can do times four. Men, let's not take this personally, someone will definitely sing about us some day. A video in your hand is sure worth more than a thousand words in my mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlbsGop0OfY

4. Ayo by Simi. Shot by Director K
Simi, in her usual way has brought us another soulful tone in the name of “Ayo” a Yoruba word for joy, and has made a visual for it. This vibrant video reiterates the essence of joy, at least in the video you can see both the rich and the poor smiling and dancing happily. Just like the style of the song, the video portrays the pursuit of joy in an African settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT69SMs486c

3. Work N Grind by King Perryy. Shot by Director K
After the success of his ‘Man on duty’ and his feature on Timaya’s ‘Kom Kom’,he decided to address some societal issues with his ‘Work N Grind’. To say the video depicts the lyrics would be an understatement, it asks ‘Why Do We work?’, ‘Dose Work Amount to Reward?’ Let the video tell you the rest itself. Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB6ATUUW5gU

2. Sparky by Santi. Shot by Santi
In the Nigerian Music Scene, there are folks who have set a standard for themselves and would always live by that standard than jump on the bandwagon. So is the story of Santi and his songs and videos.
This particular song Sparky tells stories that are never shown to the world. This self-directed visual examines the gang-related violence that occurs all around Lagos, understanding, relationships, death and what it comes with, friendship and a whole lot more. The video of this song tells a whole lot of story in less than four minutes than your regular Nollywood movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpc-qsVY-BA

1. Dangote by Burna Boy. Shot by Clarence.
Burna Boy is still keeping the tempo with which he began last year and has dropped this very socially conscious music titled ‘Dangote’. That name should definitely strike a chord in your ear, so the name needs no introduction. The visuals of this song was shot by Clarence Peters, and I must confess, this is one of his best shot so far. He did a very great job by making the story synch with the tempo of the song and wasn't hesitant to put forward the life lived by an average Nigerian man in the name of survival. The video even tries to re-establish the connection between Burna and Fela [we all know Burna’s Grandaddy managed Fela] by paying a subtle tribute to him.
Well, if a whole Dangote still dey find money, who I be wey I no go find money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCPy1jvOp90

If you think otherwise, hit me up in the comment section. Peace. grin

[url]Musicori.com[/url]

Re: The Five Best Nigerian Music Videos From Last Week. by MusicOri: 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Teego X Peruzzi _ Money Iz Coming ||stubbornbazze..com / [MUSIC] Yung L Ft. Reekado Banks – Get Up / Download Mr. Composer By Femi 2code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.