Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,322 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

Ko Si Igba Ti A Da Aso Tia O Ri Le Fi Wo (yoruba Language) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ko Si Igba Ti A Da Aso Tia O Ri Le Fi Wo (yoruba Language) (1102 Views)

Lagos Approves Yoruba Language For Testing Pupils Seeking Admission Into JSS1 / Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 / Lagos House Of Assembly Passes Yoruba Language Bill Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ko Si Igba Ti A Da Aso Tia O Ri Le Fi Wo (yoruba Language) by AmeLonRo(m): 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2019
One of our experienced but new writers sent this in this Monday (today). I read it myself and its loaded. Enjoy it.

Iba awon agba gidi. I don’t want anything fake says Baba Kumuyi. We are here again today with our Yoruba language talk. “Ko si igba ti a da aso ti a o ri le fi wo” literally means there is no time that we buy, sew or make a clothe that it is not desirable or befitting. It’s a powerful proverb and loaded with meanings. Thank you and praise to the elders. Agba ko ni tan ni ori le. Amin. The proverb can be used to encourage someone who has failed in life, or an examination and all his/her mates have moved to the next phase. The failed individual is told to calm down that his/her time will come soon. The water you will drink will not flow past you stuff! It can also be used to help a person who has been trying to achieve something and was not able to or have been severally disappointed by circumstances. That proverb is used to tell the person to take heart that all will be well with him/her. The proverb can douse depression I suppose. It can douse anxiety. It can create hope for future in a person who has no opportunities but look forward to one.

On another note the proverb can make a person to become complacent, lackadaisical and nonchalant. For an unserious person the correct proverb should be “Mura si ise ore mi, ise la fin di eni giga”, “Igba ati akoko ko duro de eni keni”. A young person who is supposed to be in the university at age say 20 but is lackadaisical about academic pursuit and what it entails can cite this saying “Ko si igba ti a da aso ti a o ri le fi wo” and go on in self deception while the life is being wasted. It’s like saying “whats gonna be is gonna be”. Its like accepting fate and whatever life drops on one’s lap. No sir. No ma. Banks, telecoms and other corporate industries all over the world have age limit for entry level. And that age limit is coming down every year. Previously it was 30 years maximum for entry level, later it came down to 28. Much later still it came down to 26 and now 24 is being considered. Why is this so? Hot brains are in hot demand in corporate organization all over the world.

An eighty years old great grand woman in one of the African countries recently started school. Its funny ko? In reality it’s a big joke! She is starting from primary one. She never went to school. Those who love follow up should focus their follow up on her and see that she may not finish even that primary one. She may miss classes. Okay, okay, lets be optimistic ba? Our system of education is 6-3-3-4 sort of. That’s six years in primary one to six. Three years in basic one to three. Three years in Senior Secondary one to three and then four years to bag a degree from a University. That’s sixteen years. Add that to her eighty years. That’s ninety-six years. She will bag her degree at age 96 fa. That is if she does not fail or repeat any class and her school does not go on strike throughout her stay. Which company will employ a 96-year-old fresh graduate? “Ko si igba ti a da aso ti a o ri le fi wo” if misconstrued can screw up some people’s destiny fa!

A lady who is supposed to settle down early and face family keeps procrastinating and say “the handsome and rich ones are yet to be born”. What a good combination and desire. When she becomes fifty and eventually reach menopause and can’t give birth again can she still say that “Ko si igba ti a da aso ti a o ri le fi wo”? Making haste about life some times is useful. I have written about the mad side of Lagos life. Where everyone has to rush for the early morning bus to get to work and back home in the evening. If you live in Lagos and don’t hustle for the bus and you keep saying “Ko si igba ti a da aso ti a o ri le fi wo”, you will end up being always late to work. This is the time to act and not mismanage that real elders’ proverb.

A call for application for a particular opportunity whether job, scholarship, marriage, baby birth, conception, etc, opens and then you stand or sit somewhere and say “Ko si igba ti a da aso ti a o ri le fi wo”. If you send your application in after the closing date you may be disappointed as you do not stand a chance at all.

“Ko si igba ti a da aso ti a o ri le fi wo” ke? Okay, an individual who has never owned a vehicle until the age of eighty, how many years will the individual enjoy the ride? Young people, run away fast from such proverbs and note that if by age 25 you are still in school you are already running late. By age 25 you should be earning and settling down to start a good family. Some limit people and say you are too fast. You are too young. Listen up, I am not too young to do great exploits neither are you. General Yakubu Gowon was unmarried when he became the head of state of Nigeria. He married his wife, Victoria during the Biafran Civil war. Someone then will say again how can you marry during your countries civil war. Sit there with your great proverb that “Ko si igba ti a da aso ti a o ri le fi wo”. The time to do great is now.

A young Nigerian writer, public speaker and man of multidimensional grace was to travel abroad for the first time some years ago. At the visa interview he presented what he has done in the process of introducing himself. The white interviewer told him ‘you are too young to do these and that which you said you have achieved’. He sat up and gave her a catalogue of white people who had done more than him at much younger ages. She surrendered and gave him the visa. See, I am very serious as I write, don’t let anyone limit you. You are limitless. As you are in school or learning a vocation, stop chasing after boys or girls, men or women, face your life. Your life is preciously loaded.

Stop spending money meant for school fees (whether yours or that of others) on other things. This is the time to invest and invest. Pay back your sponsors with your success. Your successful achievement is one key pay back you can give them. Don’t get to campus and be wasting your parents’ resources on inconsequential things. The time to take that huge step is now. Meet me at the successful side of life and we shall celebrate and be celebrated with God’s help.

Leave your comments below and contact me for mentorship in all spheres of life. I will be expecting.

Please read more articles at=

https://newkokoro.com/2019/03/11/ko-si-igba-ti-a-da-aso-tia-o-ri-le-fi-wo-yoruba-language/

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Graduates As Overall Best Student From LASU With A 4.9 CGPA / Minister Clears Air On Resumption : Disregard Information Saying Institution / Graduation And Prize Giving Day Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.