Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,713 members, 7,955,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari (499 Views)

You think Buhari’s Administration Can Deliver free, fair elections? - Al-Jazeera / I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari / Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by tommykiwi(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday said he would want to be remembered as a leader who kept his word that elections in Nigeria must be free, fair and credible.

The president stated this in his Daura residence, Katsina state, when the state governor, Aminu Bello Masari came to inform him that he had won his reelection in Saturday’s governorship poll.

Buhari commended Nigerians who heeded to his pre-election appeals to cast their votes peacefully.

The President, described last Saturday’s governorship and State Assembly elections across the country as largely successful.

He was quoted in a statement by his media aide, Garba Shehu, as saying: ‘‘I have maintained a position that elections must be free and fair and people have the right to make their choices and vote their consciences. I am happy they understood the message and did just that.

“Power is a public trust that belongs to the people. Power is not by strength or wisdom but by Providence. Elected persons must be fair and just. This is the legacy I want to leave behind. A leader must be fair and just. All leaders should strive to do that.”

Governor Masari, who was accompanied by officials of the All Progressives Congress (APC) party in Katsina State, thanked the President and the party for the support which led to his decisive victory on March 9.

The governor pledged to work for the good of the people of Katsina State, in line with the vision of the Next Level government at the centre.

Source...https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-want-to-leave-legacy-of-free-fair-elections-buhari.html

Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by braveboy64(m): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2019
Sai BABA
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by jesse8048(m): 9:25am On Mar 12, 2019
If what you are leaving is a good legacy may it come to you and your generation 1000 times?

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by jesse8048(m): 9:25am On Mar 12, 2019
Still searching for the legacy, all I can see is a blind eye to the suffering and Killings...

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by chrisbaxtian(m): 9:37am On Mar 12, 2019
jesse8048:
Still searching for the legacy, all I can see is a blind eye to the suffering and Killings...

He is being shielded from the truth. I doubt if he has any idea of what transpired during the elections in some parts of the country. The north was largely peaceful, but the irregularities were taken to the next level grin

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by yarimo(m): 9:40am On Mar 12, 2019
That is very commendable from Mr president.
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by Generalnomercy: 9:42am On Mar 12, 2019
Buhari may the legacy of your first tenure combined with your legacy of killing innocent voters in rivers state follow you and your entire generation till the 20th generation of your lineage.

Hopeless man.
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by lastempero: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2019
Mad man !!!what do you know about legacy.
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 12, 2019
lastempero:
Mad man !!!what do you know about legacy.
d mad man is d president of everyone in your family n generation.
So now i know d kind of family u come from.
Psychiatric tins
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by magoo10(m): 10:05am On Mar 12, 2019
Next level hypocrisy
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by eagleeye2: 10:18am On Mar 12, 2019
jesse8048:
If what you are leaving is a good legacy may it come to you and your generation 1000 times?
Amen and Amen.
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by eagleeye2: 10:19am On Mar 12, 2019
Generalnomercy:
Buhari may the legacy of your first tenure combined with your legacy of killing innocent voters in rivers state follow you and your entire generation till the 20th generation of your lineage.

Amen.
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by yuanexchanger: 10:23am On Mar 12, 2019
Who is bubu deceiving,common election in your time is like a war.To fight corruption you go after those in oppositon. We help pay your chinese supplier in RMB.check siggy for more.
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by OkoroPeugeot(m): 10:27am On Mar 12, 2019
You failed already.

Like at everything else
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by Mangreat034(m): 10:30am On Mar 12, 2019
There is no way free and fair elections can be conducted in nigeria with this our system of voting. #nakedtruth
Re: I Want To Leave Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections – Buhari by Wigetsolar: 10:33am On Mar 12, 2019
Like this one? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tribunal Orders INEC To Issue Certificate Of Return To Adeleke As Duly Elected / President Buhari Signs Bill Stopping NYSC From Posting Engineering Graduates To / Tambuwal Wins Sokoto Governorship Rerun - Thecable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.