Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

What To Avoid When Bringing Up Your Child/children. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Avoid When Bringing Up Your Child/children. (738 Views)

Single Mother/single Father Which Is Better In Bringing Up Responsible Children / Daughter Fights Mum For Bringing Too Many Men To Their Home (pics/video) / Mum Shocked As Her Daughter Keeps Bringing Different Animals Home (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Avoid When Bringing Up Your Child/children. by Chenzee(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
What to avoid when training your children.

1-avoid giving your children everything they ask for, no matter how affluent you are. They'll grow up thinking they have the right to get everything they want.

2-avoid laughing when your children pronounce insulting words, no matter how carefree you are. They'll grow up seeing disrespect as entertainment.

3-avoid being insensitive to bad behaviours they display, without scolding them, no matter how simple you are. They will grow up thinking there are no rules in the society.

4-avoid picking up everything your children mess with, no matter how neat and tidy you are. They will grow up believing that others must take responsibility for their carelessness.

5-avoid letting them follow any program on TV, no matter how happy you want them to be. they'll grow up thinking there's no difference between being a child and being an adult.

6-avoid giving your children all the money they ask for, no matter how rich and generous you are. they'll grow up to become wild spenders and poor managers.

7-avoid always getting on their side when they are wrong against neighbours, peers, teachers, the police, no matter how much you love them. They'll grow up thinking everything they do is correct. They will grow up with the notion that humility is a weakness.

8-avoid leaving them behind when you go to place of worship, no matter how naive and tender you see them (they have the sharpest brain). They will grow up to think worshipping God is either useless or optional.

9. Avoid siding your youngest child (because he is the last born), when he offends the older one. He will grow up to disrespect his older sibling(s).

10. Avoid favouring a child over another. He will grow up with pride, while the other children might grow up with bitterness and hatred towards you and the society.

I hope these tips help our parents and prospective parents, to groom their children into great men and women tomorrow.
#GodBlessOurChildren
Re: What To Avoid When Bringing Up Your Child/children. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
Good one...I disagree with num 1 n 6 tho
Re: What To Avoid When Bringing Up Your Child/children. by Chenzee(m): 12:09am On Mar 20, 2019
sherylbakky:
Good one...I disagree with num 1 n 6 tho

Lol....Are you seriously serious?...that means you want to be a catalyst and a channel through which your child will be a spoilt brat abi? Pls, contact me for tutorial on this issue. I can't sit and allow some one deliberately and blatantly destroy a child in the name of love....Bikonnu. .. Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Two Little Girls Beginning Their Day With A Photo Shoot From Their Grandpa / Dumo Needs To Rein Himself In And Respectfully Bury His Father / Should I Quit My Studies And Serve My Aunty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.