Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? (25461 Views)

Chelsea, Man City Face Relegation From EPL After Everton Point Deduction / Fulham, Westbrom And Sheffield Utd Have Now Been Relegated From The EPL / Serie A Golden Boot: Immobile Leads Ronaldo, Others In The Race (See Top 6) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Starboytwo(m): 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
Op is an arsenal apologist...
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by dawno2008(m): 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
ebohstepn:

Lol, even if am an arsenal fan, na true I talk na grin

Guy, I know you're still basking in euphoria of winning man utd,but for your health sake,pls don't get your hopes high,cos these days young people die from heart attacks more than the elderly cool

Except you forgotten your club's pathetic away games grin then all your analysis is nothing but dreams cool
I tell you what,i see Chelsea winning the europa and possibly finish fifth,but ass'nal shocked they can't finish fourth but sixth
Ass'nal is going away to,Leicester city,watford,wolves,everton,and Burnley,
You can see that,all your analysis is based on winning man utd, nothing more,or if your memory is weak,I'll to remind you,that your pathetic ass'nal was leading man utd with about eleven points,but now in this form man utd is in,hmmmmmmm
Well,you can draem, cool
But we the utd live in reality,cos our blood is red,at the end of the season,we can have this debate again,that's if you're still on your toes and not on live support machine though undecided
#manuforlife #manfc

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by trinity11(m): 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
Raydos:
Here is my own Top 4
1. Manchester City 2. Liverpool FC 3. Tottenham Hotspur 4. Manchester United

5. Arsenal 6. Chelsea

NB: I'm not even a fan of any club in EPL
I'm a Barça fan
Barca fan must surely smuggle arsenal into the top 4 position
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by donbenie(m): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
OriginalCopy:
grin The Op is an Arsenal fan. You shouldn't get your hope up, because we know how well arsenal can disappoint. They might just end up in 6th position in the end.
Maybe he is..

Maybe he is not..

Top 4 is Arsenals' to loose..
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by BABANGBALI: 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
abescom:
Did you write this article? If you did, DM me your email I may have a writing job for you.
I write well too
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by donbenie(m): 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
dawno2008:

Guy, I know you're still basking in euphoria of winning man utd,but for your health sake,pls don't get your hopes high,cos these days young people die from heart attacks more than the elderly cool

Except you forgotten your club's pathetic away games grin then all your analysis is nothing but dreams cool
I tell you what,i see Chelsea winning the europa and possibly finish fifth,but ass'nal shocked they can't finish fourth but sixth
You can see that,all your analysis is based on winning man utd, nothing more,or if your memory is weak,I'll to remind you,that your pathetic ass'nal was leading man utd with about eleven points,but now in this form man utd is in,hmmmmmmm
Well,you can draem, cool
But we the utd live in reality,cos our blood is red,at the end of the season,we can have this debate again,that's if you're still on your toes and not on live support machine though undecided
#manuforlife #manfc
Like the OP said,Man Utd was on a roll of form..

NOW,they have been BEATEN..

We shall soon know how really capable they are..

Arsenal also went on a TWENTY TWO match unbeaten run earlier this season..

We shall soon see how good Man Utd are,when City and Chelsea comes calling..shocked
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
osaskywire:
U well so?...
Where u keep chelsea

I am a chelsea fan. No show for chelsea this season.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
Olufela30:
Las las, dem drag Spurs into the race...

3rd for Man Utd
4th for Chelsea
5th for Spurs
6th for Arsenal !!!

My view...
Hysteria, mind you, arsenal has no top team to play against and man has chelsea, totte, mancity and wolve. Choose one
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by coolie1: 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
Raydos:
Here is my own Top 4

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool FC
3. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Manchester United

5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea

I'm a Barça fan
omg are you kidding me, how do people dare to call LA liga a good league, highest goals in a season 50 goals are you madddddd I just saw this right now is there even any defender there
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2019
dawno2008:

Well,you can draem, cool
#manuforlife #manfc

Lol, dis is funny but a little true. Let me remind you that arsenal now is no longer the one that use to stumble in away matches if you want to check their statistics of this season "This is one of their best season away" check this season records. Let watch as man u respond to their last week game. If they can bounce back, but last week game shows that man u can not perform when they are on pressure. The last week game was like a fight for top four. That was while Chelsea tried their best to keep the hope alive by drawing their game at die minute.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by kponkedenge(m): 6:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Manchester United
5. Tottenham
6. Chelsea

There's no way Sarri will perform better than Conte's 5th position of last season.

1 Like

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2019
My Chelsea's season has been a disaster ... our only saving grace is if we win Europa so that we make it into UCL next season.

The old Gunners is back .... not the Gunners from 15+ years ago that used to win EPL titles but the Gunners of the last decade that celebrate EPL 3rd/4th place like it is a trophy grin
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by sunkieisland(m): 6:40pm On Mar 12, 2019
pat077:
Chelsea will finish second grin

chief abeg wake up from that dream.... cool cool cool
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Myself2(m): 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2019
THIS IS THE WAY THE TEAMS WILL FINISH THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON
First :Manchester City
Second : Liverpool
Third : Arsenal
Fourth :Manchester United
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by derbykol(f): 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
Liverpool
Man City
Tottenham
Chelsea
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Taku555(m): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
oloriLFC:
The first two have made it already. The rest can fight for 3rd and 4th respectively
are you a fan of football?
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by bluefilm: 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2019
abescom:
No nation is allowed 6 spots in the UCL. You can only have 5. If Manchester United wins it this year and don't make top four and Arsenal wins the Europa league, Arsenal will drop out.

Check the rule book.

Damn!
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
Man u f** up. If they had settle down n won on sunday, d 3rd/4th would have been ours. But now with 8games only to go, We'll see how it unfolds. Arsenal(have easy to navigate fixtures). Chelsea(have 2tough games-man u,livpl to navigate). Man u(have chelsea,mancity,everton to navigate). If man u can win every game[which is possible], then its on. Las las mancity 4 d league,man u 4 top 4. One of chelsea or arsenal should win europa dis season. Las las man u win UCLgrin ggmu
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nelson2014(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
abescom:
No nation is allowed 6 spots in the UCL. You can only have 5. If Manchester United wins it this year and don't make top four and Arsenal wins the Europa league, Arsenal will drop out.

Check the rule book.
u should check the rule book instead.
if arsenal win the UEL ND Man Utd win UCL.. the fourth position will be eliminated
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by ebukamen(m): 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
With Chelsea having outstanding match your analysis is still like this? Go back to your drawing board. This time with much research
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
abescom:
Did you write this article? If you did, DM me your email I may have a writing job for you.

grin. ebohstephen0@gmail.com
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by dreyton(m): 7:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
It will go exactly like this

(1). Manchester city
(2). Liverpool
(3). Manchester united
(4). Tottenham

Signed sealed delivered
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by etoluw: 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2019
Raydos:
Here is my own Top 4

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool FC
3. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Manchester United

5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea

I'm a Barça fan

that is exactly how it will end

i noticed many people are predicting tottenham will not make top 4 forgetting that they are the only side to make top 3 finish in each of the last three season. This shows they are consistent

anyone saying otherwise is just trying to include his team in top four
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by oloriLFC(f): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
Taku555:
are you a fan of football?
oh! I am. Diehard Liverpool fan. grin grin
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Segun87(m): 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
Arsenal will surely finish top 4
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Jimmyubah2: 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2019
etoluw:

that is exactly how it will end

i noticed many people are predicting tottenham will not make top 4 forgetting that they are the only side to make top 3 finish in each of the last three season. This shows they are consistent

anyone saying otherwise is just trying to include his team in top four
OMG!!! Have you even checked to premier league table? Spurs are just 1 point above Arsenal, 3 points above Man U and 4 points above Chelsea and Chelsea have a game in hand. Spurs have the toughest games amongst the other clubs. I bet you, spurs will not make top 4.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Lorst(m): 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2019
abescom:

Check the rule book.

You are both right (i.e about only 5 teams per league UCL rule) and wrong about Arsenal dropping to the EL even they end up wining the competition this year.

The rule is this: Should Arsenal win the EL and Manchester United win the UCL...and both of them finishes below the top 4,the team that comes 4th will drop to the EL.

Check the rule book

1 Like

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by dyemida(m): 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2019
ebohstepn:
The race is on! The race for the Premier League title is not even as intense as the race for this one. It is a race that has featured so many falls and stumbles. It’s the race for third and fourth in the English Premier League. Who are the contenders?

Let’s start from the bottom

Sarri & His SarriBallers

The boys in blue have had a topsy-turvy season so far. From hugging the ball down to horrific thrashings, Sarri has not had an easy induction into the English game. The Italian has proven a stubborn customer who will not change his style regardless of the depths his team falls to.

VERDICT: Will Chelsea make top-four, going by form and their season as a whole, NO. The best the blues will get from this season is a lowly 5th. Put into consideration that the Blues still have to navigate through away matches against Liverpool and Manchester United and 6th just might be Chelsea’s reality.

Ole & Manchester United

Full-time. Arsenal 2 Manchester 0. This loss had been coming for quite a while, the fact that it was Arsenal that finally brought it seemed only apt. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for all the plaudits he has been receiving has not done much tactically at United. Those boys are playing with unadulterated motivation at the base of their gameplay. That is one thing we can credit Ole with.

Now, the inevitable Premier League loss has come, will it open up a dam of further losses? Or will the boys march on to a top-four spot?

VERDICT: The only reason why there is a possibility Manchester United will finish the league in fourth is because of Arsenal’s volatile nature. Manchester United are not invincible again, and with matches against Manchester City and Chelsea still to come, Ole might just be about to find out what the Premier League is truly about. Once your invincibility is thwarted, the wolves come calling. They are stronger favourites for 5th than Sarri’s Chelsea though.

Unai’s Arsenal

The Gunners are firm favourites for fourth spot. They have a fairly easy fixture list with the trickiest of those against the likes of Wolves, Everton and the slippery Crystal Palace. Fourth position is literally theirs to lose. The ball is in their cot and Unai has to convince that he is truly an upgrade to Monsieur Wenger.

Verdict: The Gunners should easily retain 4th spot. Except, they bottle it which is really far down their alley. Apart from that, gunners’ fans might even dare to dream of 3rd. Why? Introducing….

Pochettino’s Spurs

Spurs gave both Manchester United and Chelsea the chance to snatch 3rd spot over the weekend. Neither side had the cojones. With crunch away fixtures to Liverpool and Manchester City still to come and a potentially tricky tie to Everton on the final day of the League, the road might just be bent for Spurs.

Verdict: If Arsenal do the needful, Spurs will not finish in 3rd. Plain and Simple. However, the worst for Spurs should be 4th spot.

In the end, the table might just be looking this way

3rd. Arsenal

4th. Tottenham

5th. Manchester United

6th. Chelsea

As usual, go wild in the comments,

You've just uttered nonsense...I'm sure you're an arsenal fan.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 12, 2019
dyemida:

You've just uttered nonsense...I'm sure you're an arsenal fan.

Looking u in 7D.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Fantazy(m): 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
Koolking:
Manchester United are just doing gra-gra, they are going to their usual position - Europa League and or Europa League Playoff.

Top 5 are

1. Liverpool (the new Champions in decades)

2. Manchester City

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Tothenham (not too sure)

...from a Chelsea fan. noted
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Cmsj: 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
doesn't need much talk,na goals go judge am
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by ND212: 10:29pm On Mar 12, 2019
ARSENAL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 20th January 2013 / Manchester United Vs West Bromwich Albion (0 - 1) On 15th April 2018 / Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 8th December 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.