Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? (25498 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / Fulham, Westbrom And Sheffield Utd Have Now Been Relegated From The EPL / Serie A Golden Boot: Immobile Leads Ronaldo, Others In The Race (See Top 6) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Airtimex(m): 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2019
Koolking:

It's not bad belle. Am a neutral fan of football. I know teams that will creatively harness individual prowess in the last remaining games.
Man U is not one of them. Man U needs total overhaul to regain their pride.
Man U will slip further in the remaining 8 games. Chelsea has 9 games left and they will come strong in the remaining games. Same with Arsenal with 8 games. Tothenham are usually unpredictable. They become complacent at the last stage.

Even if you are not an arsenal fan, you are still very sentimental in your thoughts...you suddenly feel man utd needs overhaul because they were beaten by arsenal?

You forgot the number of injuries that team sustained. And the few that were introduced during the arsenal match were unfit players. Do you think arsenal could have beaten the normal man utd team?

I expected that match to be draw because arsenal won't like to collect another 1:3 at their own backyard in one season, All thanks to Fred and his penalty. He will soon go back to bench shaaa. The players are recovering gradually...

It was their fighting spirit that helped them against psg, which they lacked totally against arsenal...

N/B for a good analysis, you must point all these out and not shouting the team needs a total overhaul because they lost to arsenal...wen I know very well, arsenal cannot beat the normal man utd team...
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
Kingosytex:
am not a man u fan, but the ole gunner guy is a tactical wizard.... i see him making the top four
your opinion
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Airtimex(m): 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2019
omooba969:

Never say never!

EPL is very tricky especially towards the end of the season with the relegation battle causing upsets.

Who would have thought that Southampton would come back from a goal down to thrash Tottenham?

Newcastle came back from 2 goals down to beat Everton, finishing the match by 3-2.

I was even surprised that Arsenal slaughtered Man Utd with a clean sheet 2 : 0 - just imagine! cool

I'm a man utd fan...not really surprised,Quite expected. Although draw could have been better.

Those guys had a terrible week, they exhausted their strenght playing to win psg, which they made history with. Also check the number of injuries in that team and compare it with their fixtures...

More so, arsenal won't like to collect another 1:3 for their house in one season...

If you watched that match, man utd played too dull. I don't blame them, is not easy playing with many key players out and those introduced were not fit to play yet. Having a tight fixtures too
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by omooba969(m): 11:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
Airtimex:

I'm a man utd fan...not really surprised,Quite expected. Although draw could have been better.

Those guys had a terrible week, they exhausted their strenght playing to win psg, which they made history with. Also check the number of injuries in that team and compare it with their fixtures...

More so, arsenal won't like to collect another 1:3 for their house in one season...

If you watched that match, man utd played too dull. I don't blame them, is not easy playing with many key players out and those introduced were not fit to play yet. Having a tight fixtures too

I hope you remember that Arsenal also played Renne(Europa League) in the week as well, losing 3 - 1, so that Arsenal vs ManUtd match was a well deserved victory over ManUtd.

No excuse sir. cool
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Koolking(m): 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
Airtimex:

Even if you are not an arsenal fan, you are still very sentimental in your thoughts...you suddenly feel man utd needs overhaul because they were beaten by arsenal?

You forgot the number of injuries that team sustained. And the few that were introduced during the arsenal match were unfit players. Do you think arsenal could have beaten the normal man utd team?

I expected that match to be draw because arsenal won't like to collect another 1:3 at their own backyard in one season, All thanks to Fred and his penalty. He will soon go back to bench shaaa. The players are recovering gradually...

It was their fighting spirit that helped them against psg, which they lacked totally against arsenal...

N/B for a good analysis, you must point all these out and not shouting the team needs a total overhaul because they lost to arsenal...wen I know very well, arsenal cannot beat the normal man utd team...

Didn't see you when I said Man U are doing 'gra-gra'. The team is still not there. Their record since Ole Gunnar took over as interim manager is nothing but flux. They struggle in every match and overcame by 'luck'. Arsenal in their best form would find it near-impossible to beat Man U of Sir Alex. Man U is now an average team until the team is overhaul.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Airtimex(m): 11:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
omooba969:

I hope you remember that Arsenal also played Renne(Europa League) in the week as well, losing 3 - 1, so that Arsenal vs ManUtd match was a well deserved victory over ManUtd.

No excuse sir. cool

My bro. I expected this statement...but call the result yourself...

Playing against psg with 10 first team players out to turn around an unexpected result and playing against Rennes.

Bros sentiment aside, check if the strengths exhausted are the same.?

Playing to win psg for their home with 10 key players out...history victory bro...with tight fixtures too.

My bro those guys are exhausted belive me....
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Airtimex(m): 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2019
Koolking:

Didn't see you when I said Man U are doing 'gra-gra'. The team is still not there. Their record since Ole Gunnar took over as interim manager is nothing but flux. They struggle in every match and overcame by 'luck'. Arsenal in their best form would find it near-impossible to beat Man U of Sir Alex. Man U is now an average team until the team is overhaul.

Still they are doing their best and winning the so called big teams...u can't expect a miracle overnight, yet commend them for their good work so far.

Same team was with morinho...

Apart from city and maybe Liverpool, all other super four contenders are all struggling. Stop Pointing out man utd alone...

infact u should have given them kudos playing and still winning with 10 key players out...
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by phr0nesis(m): 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
ebohstepn:

The way spurs are playing, they can even finish 5th, leaving 3rd and fourth for arsenal and man u..
My exact thought
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by omooba969(m): 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Airtimex:

My bro. I expected this statement...but call the result yourself...

Playing against psg with 10 first team players out to turn around an unexpected result and playing against Rennes.

Bros sentiment aside, check if the strengths exhausted are the same.?

Playing to win psg for their home with 10 key players out...history victory bro...with tight fixtures too.

My bro those guys are exhausted belive me....

Guy, this is soccer & these are the fixtures. I know that if PSG had knocked ManUtd out & then beaten by Arsenal on the weekend, you will still have an excuse.

Arsenal played Europa League during the week just as ManUtd played PSG,

Arsenal has key players like Holden on injury list just as ManUtd so kíni big deal.

This is soccer, no team is cheated.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Airtimex(m): 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
omooba969:

Guy, this is soccer & these are the fixtures. I know that if PSG had knocked ManUtd out & then beaten by Arsenal on the weekend, you will still have an excuse.

Arsenal has key players like Holden on injury list just as ManUtd so kíni big deal.

Not talking about cheating...but please don't compare the two and don't pray arsenal get the kind injury man utd get under this tight schedule...
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 13, 2019
ebohstepn:
The race is on! The race for the Premier League title is not even as intense as the race for this one. It is a race that has featured so many falls and stumbles. It’s the race for third and fourth in the English Premier League. Who are the contenders?

Let’s start from the bottom

Sarri & His SarriBallers

The boys in blue have had a topsy-turvy season so far. From hugging the ball down to horrific thrashings, Sarri has not had an easy induction into the English game. The Italian has proven a stubborn customer who will not change his style regardless of the depths his team falls to.

VERDICT: Will Chelsea make top-four, going by form and their season as a whole, NO. The best the blues will get from this season is a lowly 5th. Put into consideration that the Blues still have to navigate through away matches against Liverpool and Manchester United and 6th just might be Chelsea’s reality.

Ole & Manchester United

Full-time. Arsenal 2 Manchester 0. This loss had been coming for quite a while, the fact that it was Arsenal that finally brought it seemed only apt. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for all the plaudits he has been receiving has not done much tactically at United. Those boys are playing with unadulterated motivation at the base of their gameplay. That is one thing we can credit Ole with.

Now, the inevitable Premier League loss has come, will it open up a dam of further losses? Or will the boys march on to a top-four spot?

VERDICT: The only reason why there is a possibility Manchester United will finish the league in fourth is because of Arsenal’s volatile nature. Manchester United are not invincible again, and with matches against Manchester City and Chelsea still to come, Ole might just be about to find out what the Premier League is truly about. Once your invincibility is thwarted, the wolves come calling. They are stronger favourites for 5th than Sarri’s Chelsea though.

Unai’s Arsenal

The Gunners are firm favourites for fourth spot. They have a fairly easy fixture list with the trickiest of those against the likes of Wolves, Everton and the slippery Crystal Palace. Fourth position is literally theirs to lose. The ball is in their cot and Unai has to convince that he is truly an upgrade to Monsieur Wenger.

Verdict: The Gunners should easily retain 4th spot. Except, they bottle it which is really far down their alley. Apart from that, gunners’ fans might even dare to dream of 3rd. Why? Introducing….

Pochettino’s Spurs

Spurs gave both Manchester United and Chelsea the chance to snatch 3rd spot over the weekend. Neither side had the cojones. With crunch away fixtures to Liverpool and Manchester City still to come and a potentially tricky tie to Everton on the final day of the League, the road might just be bent for Spurs.

Verdict: If Arsenal do the needful, Spurs will not finish in 3rd. Plain and Simple. However, the worst for Spurs should be 4th spot.

In the end, the table might just be looking this way

3rd. Arsenal

4th. Tottenham

5th. Manchester United

6th. Chelsea

As usual, go wild in the comments,

The MOD that brought this trash to front page must be high on Oshogbo weed. How can you bring an arsenal article written by an arsenal fan to ridicule other rivals here? Please if you don't have sentiment free article written by a neutral football lover, please just move to another section.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 13, 2019
omooba969:

Oga arsenal were lucky. Over luck dey worry them sef. Manutd was unlucky in that match and the result doesn't reflect what happened in the match. Arsenal didn't face lingard or Herrera or Mata (the players that tore them apart at the fa cup) and they didn't get martial effect for so long. You are here saying holden. Manutd wasting away glorious chances. Good for arsenal tho they got the result.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 13, 2019
omooba969:

No excuse sir. cool

Lucky arsenal. Something for their fans to rejoice over. 8games to go.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by omooba969(m): 12:23am On Mar 13, 2019
Georgexx1:

Oga arsenal were lucky. Over luck dey worry them sef. Manutd was unlucky in that match and the result doesn't reflect what happened in the match. Arsenal didn't face lingard or Herrera or Mata (the players that tore them apart at the fa cup) and they didn't get martial effect for so long. You are here saying holden. Manutd wasting away glorious chances. Good for Arsenal though they got the result.

That's all that matters coz the noise about lingard, Herrera & Mata is just 'after the fact'.

Arsenal slaughtered ManUtd with a clean sheet... period!grin
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by omooba969(m): 12:25am On Mar 13, 2019
Georgexx1:

Lucky arsenal. Something for their fans to rejoice over. 8games to go.

grin ManUtd should concern themselves with a top four finish or else...undecided
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by maik99(m): 1:54am On Mar 13, 2019
Koolking:

It's not bad belle. Am a neutral fan of football. I know teams that will creatively harness individual prowess in the last remaining games.
Man U is not one of them. Man U needs total overhaul to regain their pride.
Man U will slip further in the remaining 8 games. Chelsea has 9 games left and they will come strong in the remaining games. Same with Arsenal with 8 games. Tothenham are usually unpredictable. They become complacent at the last stage.

so man utd will slip in their remaining games while chelsea will come strong in theirs? neutral fan indeed
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by maik99(m): 1:56am On Mar 13, 2019
omooba969:

how in God's name is "holden" a key player for Arsenal? or d meaning of d word "key" don change?
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by leospruce(m): 6:25am On Mar 13, 2019
OriginalCopy:
grin The Op is an Arsenal fan. You shouldn't get your hope up, because we know how well arsenal can disappoint. They might just end up in 6th position in the end.
so far so good Manu, Chelc and Tottenham can say anything to convince themselves arsenal will not make top4 but Ole gunners arsenal all the way
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by leospruce(m): 6:31am On Mar 13, 2019
Georgexx1:

Oga arsenal were lucky. Over luck dey worry them sef. Manutd was unlucky in that match and the result doesn't reflect what happened in the match. Arsenal didn't face lingard or Herrera or Mata (the players that tore them apart at the fa cup) and they didn't get martial effect for so long. You are here saying holden. Manutd wasting away glorious chances. Good for arsenal tho they got the result.
you complain like my girl friend since Manu were happy shouting Ole gunnar, they even knocked out psg no complains now arsenal won them they are saying no Mata lingard or bobotibo. Okay since they are not around accept you are to small for arsenal without them do you agree
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by omooba969(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2019
maik99:

how in God's name is "holden" a key player for Arsenal? or d meaning of d word "key" don change?

What football club do you support?
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Spy360(m): 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2019
Airtimex:

Absolute rubbish. Loaded with blind sentiments.

Which team is not injury ravaged. When United beat Arsenal, they were on injury crises.

What happened at OT?

Accept defeat with pride.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Airtimex(m): 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
Spy360:

Absolute rubbish. Loaded with blind sentiments.

Which team is not injury ravaged. When United beat Arsenal, they were on injury crises.

What happened at OT?

Accept defeat with pride.

Ok sir...

I still prefer you check the message I quoted...

Before you can make a good analysis, you must remember the team news first. The absentees are very important.

Even the bookies gives odd base on team news first before head to head, then current form.

Nobody is doubting the fact arsenal won, but somebody cannot just wake up and say they lost is because they don't know how to play, The team needs overhaul...you don't analyse football like that...

All the same, congrats to ur team cool
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Taku555(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2019
oloriLFC:
oh! I am. Diehard Liverpool fan. grin grin
wow! That's good! I'm a gunner

1 Like

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Koolking(m): 4:13pm On May 05, 2019
BABANGBALI:
your bad belle go soon buy snipper for you

Am I vindicated now? Never let club fanatism cloud your objective reasoning. Man Utd is never a top material. You saw it but you refused to see.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Koolking(m): 8:51pm On May 08, 2019
maik99:

so man utd will slip in their remaining games while chelsea will come strong in theirs? neutral fan indeed

You have anything to say now? Your believed in rickety old vehicle to get you to your destination baffled me.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by maik99(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2019
Koolking:

You have anything to say now? Your believed in rickety old vehicle to get you to your destination baffled me.

Lol..why are you just replying?
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Koolking(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2019
maik99:

Lol..why are you just replying?

You would have still argued. My statement was a spoiler not a prediction. Man Utd didnt have what it took to be among the top 4
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Koolking(m): 1:05am On May 30, 2019
maik99:

Never let club football fanatism skew your objective reasoning even when the situation is very obvious. Arsenal and almighty Man Utd are not in Champions League 2019/2020.

What a way for Arsenal to lose league final, beaten 4:1.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Taku555(m): 11:16am On Jun 15, 2019
oloriLFC:
oh! I am. Diehard Liverpool fan. grin grin
that's good. You're my friend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Everton (3 - 2) On 23rd February 2020 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 28th January 2021 / Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid Copa Del Rey (1 - 0) On 21st January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.