Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos (33223 Views)

Five Cowries Terminal: Lagos Jetty - Water Transportation (Video, Photos) / Water Transportation: Lagos Govt Assures Local Boats Manufacturers Of Patronage / The Bariga Waterfront Jetty And Ferries That Ambode Commissioned (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by Omonigeriarere: 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
Dukeolumidemans:
Good initiative but they should not allow any okro and ewedu on board so as to avoid disaster... shocked shocked

That was why you were advised not to skip taking your daily drug.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by Olawalesmarter(m): 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
osuofia2:
NO MANS LAND.

Guy organize a group and Carry a Placard with No man's Land Written on it then March across Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
This boat is dangerous on sea. if it meets you in a small boat on bonny waterways, pray your boat captain know his onions.

we call it LNG boat down here. very strong

Yeah... More power full than a speed boat

1 Like

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by AllenSpencer: 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2019
We need bigger ones that can drown people in thousands

Lagos needs to reduce its population via its transportation systems
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by 3kay945(m): 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Let's keep up the good pace, in no time, reasonable development will be staring at us. cool
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by mancanoe: 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
AutoReportNG:
The Lagos State Government has taken delivery of some new ferries. The ferries will be replaced some old ones used to ferry users across the state. One of the main fear of Lagosians which have made them not to patronize the ferry has always been the safety of the boats and ferries. The Lagos State Government has responded by buying brand new ferries to make transportation easier.

AutoReportNG took these images at LASWA office close to MTN building at Falomo, Lagos. We notice the ferries are brand new, they were adorned in Lagos official colour, the words, "Itesiwaju Eko" were written on them too.

It will be recalled that the Lagos State Government has been trying to diversify attention from roads to water but the efforts seem to be yielding little or no results.

See the images below...

[img]https://1.bp..com/-2ptAo8Xcl84/XIfL7BALaQI/AAAAAAAAZAo/e-hHHxyCExw8-n1BffUPYVDHRiXg8AtBACLcBGAs/s1600/LagFerry_Lagos_004_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-j93ASa3vkF0/XIfL5Ta9S3I/AAAAAAAAZAg/CxEeZysapC03xn4xplanbazpoFQmkNIRgCLcBGAs/s1600/LagFerry_Lagos_001_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-gEApE4_SQJA/XIfL5cFKDCI/AAAAAAAAZAc/MYPW4A9fRtUIoZts7A1ZeMmBRrDbI-vNACLcBGAs/s1600/LagFerry_Lagos_002_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-2ptAo8Xcl84/XIfL7BALaQI/AAAAAAAAZAo/e-hHHxyCExw8-n1BffUPYVDHRiXg8AtBACLcBGAs/s1600/LagFerry_Lagos_004_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/water-transportation-lagos-state-govt.html

Good
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by invisibledotun: 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
DWJOBScom:
Yet they removed him!
He wasn’t accommodating enough and wasn’t sharing the dollars
Didn't Fashola do better than him?
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by Alejoas(m): 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2019
Good development!
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by RexTramadol1: 4:43pm On Mar 12, 2019
invisibledotun:

In eight years
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by HomeOfMe(f): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2019
AutoReportNG:
The Lagos State Government has taken delivery of some new ferries. The ferries will be replaced some old ones used to ferry users across the state. One of the main fear of Lagosians which have made them not to patronize the ferry has always been the safety of the boats and ferries. The Lagos State Government has responded by buying brand new ferries to make transportation easier.

AutoReportNG took these images at LASWA office close to MTN building at Falomo, Lagos. We notice the ferries are brand new, they were adorned in Lagos official colour, the words, "Itesiwaju Eko" were written on them too.

It will be recalled that the Lagos State Government has been trying to diversify attention from roads to water but the efforts seem to be yielding little or no results.

See the images below...

[img]https://3.bp..com/-j93ASa3vkF0/XIfL5Ta9S3I/AAAAAAAAZAg/CxEeZysapC03xn4xplanbazpoFQmkNIRgCLcBGAs/s1600/LagFerry_Lagos_001_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-gEApE4_SQJA/XIfL5cFKDCI/AAAAAAAAZAc/MYPW4A9fRtUIoZts7A1ZeMmBRrDbI-vNACLcBGAs/s1600/LagFerry_Lagos_002_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/water-transportation-lagos-state-govt.html

I don't think I'll ever do water transportation again. The first and last time I boarded one of these ferries from CMS to MILE 2,I was just throwing up due to sea sickness. But I was made to understand that ferries do not sink.

2 Likes

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by anjilgreat(f): 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
Babsunclejoe:
Good move, but they should try and acquire good live jacket for each of the would-be passanger.

Exactly my thought. Safety of passengers should be Paramount and it will boost the confidence of water commuters.

Water transportation should be taken to the next level in Lagos state to ease traffic and increase the IGR as well as to other states in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by LolaO(f): 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
AutoReportNG:

How sure are you Lola?

I ply the ferry at LASWA everyday from work. And those boats have not been used! The local ones are the ones we use.

3 Likes

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by stefanweeks: 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ambode in last minute thiefery
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by invisibledotun: 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
RexTramadol1:

In eight years
You need to see what Fashola did in his first 4 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by DWJOBScom(m): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
invisibledotun:

He wasn’t removed and he’s still in power
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by invisibledotun: 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2019
RexTramadol1:

In eight years
You need to see what Fashola did in his first 4 years. Even Tinubu wouldn't dare oust him. If you're good enough, the people will defend you to the last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by Oricha79(m): 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2019
Lagos on the move
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by AutoReportNG: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2019
LolaO:

I ply the ferry at LASWA everyday from work. And those boats have not been used! The local ones are the ones we use.

Pls follow back, I need some clarifications.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by LolaO(f): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Pls follow back, I need some clarifications.

Regards

What other clarification do you need?
You can come to Falomo any time you want at Close of Business, anytime from 4:45pm when people close from work, and observe. Nobody is allowed to use those ferries!

It's just the local boats we currently use. And I ply it everyday to and from work.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by bimgo: 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2019
Jagaban please tell Sanwo Olu to bring back REAL LAGOS SLOGAN

((((JEUN SOKE AND EKO ONI BAJE))))

1 Like

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by RexTramadol1: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
invisibledotun:

You need to see what Fashola did in his first 4 years. Even Tinubu wouldn't dare oust him. If you're good enough, the people will defend you to the last.

Hmm read on the build up to the 2011 elections

He could have been ousted too and forget the hype abt Fashola, that's because the party were behind him brother

If the party had been behind Ambode, a whole newspaper will be used to advertise his achievements

It's more of the hype in Lagos

And albeit not up to Fash's level, Ambode would have gotten a second term easily if he was given the thumbs up by the powers that be.

1 Like

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by akejujoe(f): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2019
Eko o ni baje. Nice one Ambode.
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by Didi2d(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
Is it for luxury use or for commercial use? Those ferris looks like what I see on music videos
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by Lordofthewest(m): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
You want make dem flatten hin already flattened yanmiriii skull? Those osu mongrels have serious inferiority issues that's why they're always hating and making the loudest noise.
Olawalesmarter:

Guy organize a group and Carry a Placard with No man's Land Written on it then March across Lagos.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by seguno2: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
collinsuchendu:
grin Like for Lagos

No need to ask about the old ferries and why the government is not facilitating private investor ownership
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by divineappo(m): 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
Kalapizim:
Nice one smiley i wish we could have as much as 10 leaving terminals in ikorodu to the island everyday.
pls where is the Ikorodu waterways terminal located?

Distance from Ikorodu garage bus stop?

And do u have an idea they charge to island?

and which part of island please?

kindly help wit these Info's Sir
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by etrouble: 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2019
Last minutes embezzlement and looting by the black fat idiot. If you don't watch your steps Ambode, you will leave office and walk straight to Prison instead of walking home to that your untrained rude useless wife.

1 Like

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by gladisa7: 5:37pm On Mar 12, 2019
This state dey try..although money too much!
Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by busar(m): 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
AutoReportNG:

How sure are you Lola?
He is right... The boats have been there since last year

1 Like

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by islandmoon: 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
This boat is dangerous on sea. if it meets you in a small boat on bonny waterways, pray your boat captain know his onions.

we call it LNG boat down here. very strong

SPDC also have some boats for rescue mission , my boss told me they will even check your BP, temperament and psyche before allowing you to handle the boats , they are strictly for emergency rescue mission super speed that can cut any fish into two!

search and rescue boats

Suton WP-F

1 Like

Re: Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos by ericmor: 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2019
Maintenance is d key

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Officers Who Participated In Osun Election Involved In Accident (Graphic) / Man Praises Taxi Driver After Seeing,Groundnut, Drinks & Free Wi-fi In The Car / Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.