Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent (27142 Views)

Makinde: I Can’t Accept Chairmanship Of PDP Governors Forum / Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs / Seyi Makinde: I Used Carrots, Vitamin C, Blackseed Oil, Honey To Fight COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by StOla: 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
capitalzero:

do not mind that indomie generation. Tinubu would been history if Funso Williams is still alive.

The same Funsho Williams that his family abandoned PDP because they know his death came from PDP?

Did Tinubu not defeat Funsho Williams of PDP to win reelection in 2003, despite all other AD governors in the SouthWest losing to the PDP federal might in that same 2003?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by arewaboy01(m): 9:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
decamping on his mind...PDP should better start accepting the fact that they are as good as Dead
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by aku626(m): 9:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
Thank you sir.
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 12, 2019
This guy deserves to be president of Nigeria. Qe need people like you. Nice one
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by ofiko123(m): 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by aku626(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
I hope Oyo state would be able to show Lagos what good governance entails
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by KunleyY19(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
slimany:

What about funsho William una kill. Tinubu would have been a history in Lagos today if only , if only , Funsho Williams escaped that assassination. And everyone knows Tinubu was the brain behind it.

Baba Leave Hates...Argue with fact's...
The same Funsho/Obasanjo Tinubu defeated in 2003
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
Tomide007:
APC will put pressure on this guy to decamp .

Lol. And you think APC will still be together in 2023. Lol. Another party will emerge from APC once there point of contact (BUHARI), leaves. He is the only reason we still have a party called APC. By 2023, PDP will still remain and will become a force to reckon with again. So, I doubt if seyi will want to play that card.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by KunleyY19(m): 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
aku626:
I hope Oyo state would be able to show Lagos what good governance entails

How

Na Ogun una suppose dey drag with...
Even Makinde will seek to work with Sanwo Olu stop the hate...

They will benefit from Lagos more than Lagos will from them...
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by lagdmark(m): 10:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
are you saying Tinubu didn't intervene in Oyo Governorship election? You need prayer
Mr Tinubu who once claimed Apc is SW, no votes for Pdp. The people of Oyo will laughing at the Bullion van ex-governor of Lagos.
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by fredoooooo: 10:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
Omoluabi cool
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
slimany:
Hmmmmmn. Makinde . I gbadun ur style. Make Adelabu go queue till 2027. And if he likes ,he should hibernate again and come out smoking 5 months to the election time to buy votes. He thinks say na money fit win election for Oyo. He turn father Christmas a night to the election by dishing out millions of money. Both ui students wnd uch meds chop money clean mouth
na Tinubu the bullion van man give am that money. Even the 25 million given to lam adesina loyalists by same Tinubu ahead of guber poll didn't yield any positive results. Rather , it tore their camp apart. The era of money politics is fading gradually. We shall surely get there .

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by TEYA: 10:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
PDP don't play politics of Hate and bitterness like APC

Congrats once again sir .
Laughing at you grin grin
That MOFO gonna decamp! Wait and see.
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by shukudi(m): 10:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
leave him make he dey jump like.
dem go soon start to dey abuse am.
no be oyo people again? cheesy
Mark this. By December 2019, Ibadan people go dey curse am.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by KunleyY19(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
slimany:

What about funsho William una kill. Tinubu would have been a history in Lagos today if only , if only , Funsho Williams escaped that assassination. And everyone knows Tinubu was the brain behind it.

May you've forgotten about one certain desperate "Obanikoro"...
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
are you saying Tinubu didn't intervene in Oyo Governorship election? You need prayer
he sire did but failed, woefully
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
I told someone on twitter that Makinde is not natural pdp person...mark it he will decamp to APC to form the formation : APC:Southwest
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by dheilaw1(m): 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
BlackfireX:
Click like for seyi Makinde.

Click share for adelabu.
nobody is interested in your like and share

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by KunleyY19(m): 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
capitalzero:

do not mind that indomie generation. Tinubu would been history if Funso Williams is still alive.

The same Funsho That Tinubu defeated in 2003 without federal might...
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by omooba969(m): 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
BlackfireX:
Click like for seyi Makinde.

Click share for adelabu.

Fvck off

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Tomide007: 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
slimany:

Lol. And you think APC will still be together in 2023. Lol. Another party will emerge from APC once there point of contact (BUHARI), leaves. He is the only reason we still have a party called APC. By 2023, PDP will still remain and will become a force to reckon with again. So, I doubt if seyi will want to play that card.
Why will the party disintegrate? I wasnt even talking of 2023 I'm talking about once he's sworn in.
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Tollers45: 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
Check my signature to migrate to canada

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
awesome idea! unlike some CLANISH, divide and rule dude that appoints only political jobbers !
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by aku626(m): 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
KunleyY19:

How

Na Ogun una suppose dey drag with...
Even Makinde will seek to work with Sanwo Olu stop the hate...

They will benefit from Lagos more than Lagos will from them...
This is no way hate Lagos state is the best state in Nigeria in economic growth and others but it can still be better they can learn a thing or two about good governance and willingness to work with opposition is a bold step towards unity, tranquility and fairness. It’s not about political parties it’s about everyone who makes the state tick.
This is what I mean
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by omooba969(m): 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
Blainz:
I told someone on twitter that Makinde is not natural pdp person...mark it he will decamp to APC to form the formation : APC:Southwest

Do you know that the majority of the HoA is PDP, do the calculation abeg?
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
delpee:
He should settle down to understand the challenges in the education sector before taking a decision. The levy is used for school maintenance and to subsidise PTA appointed teachers since all schools are terribly understaffed. I don't see how 1000 per term is too much to pay for a child in school.

I got involved through Alumni intervention so I know what I'm saying. The outstanding schools of yesteryears have become shadows of themselves due to overpopulation and paucity of funds. A lot needs to be done to raise the standards. If only he can do what Tinubu did with Lagos schools. ..Return some back to the original owners over a period of time and concentrate state resources on the remaining public schools thereby saving costs for the provision of free education for the truly indigent ones.

In the first place, the schools got messed up due to unplanned free education. It was mass education without any consideration for merit. All students moved to the next class irrespective of performance. That marked the beginning of the lowering of standards and lack of commitment of teachers and students. Ajimobi tried hard to improve on the situation even as people resisted.

Any hasty decision may not augur well. He should set up committees to look into all key areas or wait for the handover notes.
makinde isn't a tokunbo guy. He already knew what ajimobi was doing since inception and had been protesting against most of his policies because they were not seen as being in the best interest of the oyo people by him.

Before you contest an election, youd have your manifesto, part of which would be addressing the shortcomings and weakponts of the government in power. Makinde has already been aware of such levies from day one so, scrapping it isn't a hasty decision. It was part of his programme when campaigning.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by zoedew: 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
Salutary! The HAG should come back. He just does his work!
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by KunleyY19(m): 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
slimany:

You don't know a damn about Lagos politics...
Remember...
After Funsho Williams died, his wife ran in his stead and at the primaries who won? Hilda williams was declared as the winner right there and then yet the next day, Obanikoro was announced as the winner from Abuja while Hilda was pushed aside.
Do you deny this account? If this is true as we all know, then we see the desperation in someone's bid to be governor which can push him to murder. Funsho William was no threat to the AC then. He was threat to the PDP themselves...

Williams was popular but not as popular as Tinubu. Williams belonged to Bode George's camp and was at a pole position to defeat Koro, Adeseye Ogunlewe, Prince Adeniji Adele and others within the PDP. There was a heated rivalrÝ among the trio of Williams, Koro and Ogunlewe in d PDP until his gruesome murder. Hence, the police arrested PDP aspirants. Funso's death was an entirely PDP affair

6 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Correct yourself: southwest dont play politics of hate & bitterness ditto: Ajimobi acceptance, Agbaje's etc. How many of your southeast brothers they accept results and congratulate winners when the lose?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Tomide007: 10:19pm On Mar 12, 2019
cucumbae:
The non interference by godfatherism in Oyo state made PDP to win that election.The day godfatherism will end in Lagos state election other political parties will emerge as governor of Lagos.
Not true..... Ajimobi made apc lose in OYO.... You guys act like it not about good governance.... If Ajimobi was in pdp, are u telling me he would have won because there's no godfather in pdp ....pdp in Kano has a godfather but is defeating apc that doesnt have a godfather in Kano.... If you like have a thousand godfather and give pple good governance they will still vote for you.
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent by Tomide007: 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

It's normal in southwest.except few

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan / Ganiu Taofik: PDP Ready To Receive Sanwo-Olu / Pictures Of The Police Minister & IGP At International Police Chiefs Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.