Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results (1308 Views)

PDP National Secretary, Sam Anyanwu Rejects Imo Results, Sets Up Legal Team / 2019 Imo Governorship: Moment Emeka Ihedioha & Tony Nwulu Campaigns Met / APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by senatordave1(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
2'
NEWS
Okorocha’s son in-law Nwosu rejects Imo Gov polls result
Published

Chidiebube Okeoma, Owerri

Candidate of Action Alliance in the governorship election held in Imo State on Saturday, Uche Nwosu, has rejected its outcome.

Nwosu, who is also Governor Rochas Okorocha’s son in-law, briefed journalists in Owerri, the state capital on Tuesday, arguing that the Independent National Electoral Commission was wrong to have declared Emeka Ihedioha of the Peoples Democratic Party the winner of the election.

He contended that Ihedioha did not meet up with the constitutional requirements to have emerged the state’s governor-elect.

According to Nwosu, the Constitution stipulates that, apart from scoring the majority of votes cast, a candidate must at least garner 25 percent votes in two-thirds of the entire state.

He also alleged that the use of card readers was abused during the election.

Nwosu hinted that he would be heading to the tribunal to challenge the outcome of the election.

He alleged that the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Prof. Francis Ezeonu, took sides in the polls in favour of the governor-elect.

Nwosu said, “The state Returning Officer did the wrong thing by announcing Emeka Ihedioha as the winner of the election. For me, it is unacceptable.

“As far as I’m concerned, this is a stolen mandate and I will challenge it at the tribunal.

“The Constitution is very clear on how a candidate will emerge as a governor. He did not get the required spread.

“There should have been a re-run between I and him who are the two leading candidates. That is the position of the law.

“Though he won in 11 LGAs and I in 10, I got more spread than him.

“Also the INEC REC here is for PDP and we observed that when he changed the returning officers at the last minute in order to favour PDP, I have confidence that the judiciary will do the right thing.

“Our supporters were compelled to use the card readers, but PDP was allowed to vote manually; that is why he wrote votes for himself in Mbaise.”
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by respect80(m): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
Thought they said he sent a congratulatory letter to ihedioha already...
This kontry sef
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by sonofspada(m): 8:58pm On Mar 12, 2019
Rejector overseer
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2019
What has been announced, cannot be un-announced.

cc lzaa sarrki husbandsnatcha velocity25

senatordave1:

2'
NEWS
Published

Candidate of Action Alliance in the governorship election held in Imo State on Saturday, Uche Nwosu, has rejected its outcome.

Nwosu, who is also Governor Rochas Okorocha’s son in-law, briefed journalists in Owerri, the state capital on Tuesday, arguing that the Independent National Electoral Commission was wrong to have declared Emeka Ihedioha of the Peoples Democratic Party the winner of the election.

He contended that Ihedioha did not meet up with the constitutional requirements to have emerged the state’s governor-elect.

According to Nwosu, the Constitution stipulates that, apart from scoring the majority of votes cast, a candidate must at least garner 25 percent votes in two-thirds of the entire state.

Nwosu hinted that he would be heading to the tribunal to challenge the outcome of the election.

He alleged that the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Prof. Francis Ezeonu, took sides in the polls in favour of the governor-elect.

Nwosu said, “The state Returning Officer did the wrong thing by announcing Emeka Ihedioha as the winner of the election. For me, it is unacceptable.

“As far as I’m concerned, this is a stolen mandate and I will challenge it at the tribunal.

“The Constitution is very clear on how a candidate will emerge as a governor. He did not get the required spread.

“There should have been a re-run between I and him who are the two leading candidates. That is the position of the law.

“Also the INEC REC here is for PDP and we observed that when he changed the returning officers at the last minute in order to favour PDP, I have confidence that the judiciary will do the right thing.

“Our supporters were compelled to use the card readers, but PDP was allowed to vote manually; that is why he wrote votes for himself in Mbaise.”

2 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by Nwadiuto247: 9:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
senatordave1:

2'
NEWS
Published

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by mightyhaze: 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
This boy should shut up abeg,.. better people no even complain..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by senatordave1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
respect80:
Thought they said he sent a congratulatory letter to ihedioha already...
This kontry sef
A closer look at that letter tell you its forged.just watch ait or channels and see his statement or reaction.

1 Like

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by senatordave1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
mightyhaze:
This boy should shut up abeg,.. better people no even complain..
To be honest,he is correct

1 Like

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by mightyhaze: 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
senatordave1:

To be honest,he is correct
sure he is.. upon all his mago mago with rochas,..he cant comprehend how he was still roundly defeated. that is the power of resolution by the people. only a dubious person will turn a blind eye to the fact..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by slivertongue: 10:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
I see the tribunal calling for a rerun but nwosu will still lose as power wud have been structured to emeka's advantage, again IMO people are tired of the antics of rohas
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by husbandsnatcha(f): 12:11am On Mar 13, 2019
immhotep:
What has been announced, cannot be un-announced.

cc lzaa sarrki husbandsnatcha velocity25

But cum can be uncummed

hehehehehe..
u n lzaa eh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by senatordave1(m): 12:18am On Mar 13, 2019
mightyhaze:
sure he is.. upon all his mago mago with rochas,..he cant comprehend how he was still roundly defeated. that is the power of resolution by the people. only a dubious person will turn a blind eye to the fact..
I like your honesty but in this case the constitution supercedes any other wish.ihedioha fake victory in 11 local government is not the general resoultion of the people,if not he will win more than 11 lgas and get 25% in up to 18 lgas instead of 12 lgas,even nwosu had more spread.
Do you know that 50% of his votes were from mbaise and 75% of his votes were from owerri zone? Thats a very sectional victory,very dangerous.
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by senatordave1(m): 12:21am On Mar 13, 2019
slivertongue:
I see the tribunal calling for a rerun but nwosu will still lose as power wud have been structured to emeka's advantage, again IMO people are tired of the antics of rohas
Am shocked,silvertongue did you just say this ? So you can be this objective and honest.please keep it up.
Anyway,i think the victory will be upturned before July by then he wont have gathered any momentum.it will even give nwosu more traction.

1 Like

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by slivertongue: 12:26am On Mar 13, 2019
senatordave1:

Am shocked,silvertongue did you just say this ? So you can be this objective and honest.please keep it up.
Anyway,i think the victory will be upturned before July by then he wont have gathered any momentum.it will even give nwosu more traction.

am not a kid, neither am I a zealot, u expect me to behave like u? support wrongs because of sentiments. IMO is done wit APC and rochas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by senatordave1(m): 12:52am On Mar 13, 2019
slivertongue:

am not a kid, neither am I a zealot, u expect me to behave like u? support wrongs because of sentiments. IMO is done wit APC and rochas
I permit you to emulate my idiosyncracy which is superior to yours.anyway,if imo is done with apc,there arent done with AA or nwosu.you can see the votes he got which shows some level of acceptance.if they wanted ihedioha,they would have voted for pdp overwhelmingly just like we saw kwara people voting for apc and oyo for pdp.take away inflated mbaise votes and nwosu will be governor.
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by senatordave1(m): 12:55am On Mar 13, 2019
APGA Rejects Imo Governorship Election Result, Demands Fresh Poll
Channels Television
Updated March 12, 2019
APGA Rejects Imo Governorship Election Result, Demands Fresh Poll
A file photo of voters at a polling unit in Imo State.

The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) has rejected the result of last Saturday’s governorship election in Imo State.

Imo APGA Publicity Secretary, Alphonsus Eberendu, described the exercise as a “sham and mockery of democracy” while addressing reporters on Tuesday in Owerri, the state capital.

He alleged that the election was marred by monumental irregularities, adding that it was the worst in the history of the state since its creation.

Eberendu said his party had called for the cancellation of the entire election on the basis that it did not meet all the constitutional requirements.

He also asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to reverse the declaration of the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Emeka Ihedioha, as the winner of the election.

According to the APGA spokesperson, the PDP candidate failed to meet the constitutional requirement of 25 per cent of total votes cast in two third of the state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by slivertongue: 12:58am On Mar 13, 2019
i repeat imo is done wit apc &rochas. if dey wanted nwosu dey wud have given him a command lead. go bak to akwa ibom etc
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 13, 2019
Imo is not Lagos where a certain drug lord keeps installing and uninstalling puppets.

So swerve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by LZAA: 7:06am On Mar 13, 2019
husbandsnatcha:
But cum can be uncummed

hehehehehe..
u n lzaa eh
grin grin
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by agabusta: 7:25am On Mar 13, 2019
slivertongue:

It's a straight forward case, it may even be decided before May 29th.
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by slivertongue: 7:41am On Mar 13, 2019
agabusta:

it will go beyond may 29th
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by slivertongue: 7:41am On Mar 13, 2019
agabusta:

it will go beyond may 29th
Re: Uche Nwosu Rejects Imo Governorship Poll Results by ChristianNorth: 7:54am On Mar 13, 2019
Who told you guys he didn't have 25% in 2/3 of all the LGA.

25% of all validly casted votes and 25% of casted votes are 2 different things and the Chapter 6 of the constitution didn't specify the exact one.

PDP got 25% of all VALIDLY casted votes and INEC results are based on validly casted votes.

Tribunal will not waste their time on the matter and if they do, their is an appeal court to go to.

(1) (Reply)

The Fulani Plan To Islamize Southern Nigeria By Muhammad Sadiq, Sokoto, Nigeria. / Dino Melaye Releases Another Banger After His Defeat By Smart Adeyemi / The Best Thing Is To Sell Nigeria To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.