Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Everything You Need To Know About Your Baby’s Car Safety - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Everything You Need To Know About Your Baby’s Car Safety (944 Views)

Honda Sound Sitter Calms Your Baby With Relaxing Engine Sound - Photos / Do We Forget Safe Driving Because Of Car Safety Features? / 10 Simple Car Safety Checks You Should Know How To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About Your Baby’s Car Safety by CompletAutoTalk: 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
Do you think you know everything there is to know about baby car seat and safety?

Please read
this to know more about baby car seats and ways to keep your baby safe while in
the car.

Q. What is the best baby car seat available?

The best car seat is the one that matches your baby’s size and weight. Since baby’s vary in size and weight, it is advisable to go for seats that match your baby’s size. Make sure the seat also fits in your car properly and is easy to install.
Q. What type of baby car seats are available?

There are different types of baby car seats such as front facing car seats, convertible seats, and infant seats. Also, there are booster seats, combination seats, and integrated car seats. And there are variations which each type of seats.
Q. How can I safely install my baby’s car seat?

All car seats come with printed directions, except second-hand seats.
Q. Is there a correct way to secure my baby in the baby car seat?

Yes, there is. The way you secure your baby in the car seat will depend on the age and size of your baby. For instance, children below the age of one should be laced in rear-facing seats in the center of the rear seat. While older children can sit facing front, and their sit are placed behind the driver or passenger seat in order to utilize the shoulder belts.
Q. What is a Latch?

A latch means Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children. It is a baby car seat installation system. The lower hooks of a latch are attached between the bottom of the back of the seat and the seat itself. The tether is a strap made of seat belt material with a clip that secures front facing baby car seats and prevents excessive movement of the baby’s head.
Q. Can I use a baby’s car seat safely in an airplane?

Yes, it can. Baby’s under 2 years have approved car seats. The seats must be 16 inches or less to fit in a planes seat. You can call ahead to find out if your baby’s car seat is among the approved ones.
Q. What should I do if my baby’s car seat is recalled?

Most times, manufacturers provide you with instructions of what to do if the baby’s car seat is Recalled
Q. Is it safe for my baby to use a second-hand car seat?

Yes, it is safe for you to use second-hand seats provided you do a safety check. Belts and harness should not be broken. Most importantly, there should be no tears in the seat cover, and the seat should recline without stress, and stay upright if need be. If the seat has been in a car crash, do not buy If the seat is more than 5 years, don’t use it.
Q. Are there baby car seats for children with special needs?

Children with special needs may need different restraint systems. You should discuss this with your pediatrician.
Q. How do I tell when my child is ready to use car seat belts without a booster seat?

Your child should be ready to use the car safety restraint system when he or she can sit all the way back in the seat, and knees can bend comfortably over the edge of the seat.

Finally, when it comes to your baby’s safety, you can never go wrong if you err on the side of caution. The size of your baby, weight and your budget are the factors that will determine what type of seat you will purchase.

https://www.completeautotalk.com/2019/02/17/everything-about-baby-car-safety/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander 2003 Vibrating / Fund Your Lcc E-tag On Payzone / I Need A Good Silencer Fixer; Silencer Rattle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.