Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Toyota Highlander 2003 Vibrating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Highlander 2003 Vibrating (946 Views)

A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish / HELP Ford Edge 2008,toyota Highlander 2003, Or Acura Mdx 2005 / Toyota Camry 2.2 Vibrating At 80KM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander 2003 Vibrating by Eazeee(m): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2019
Hello car gurus, pls I noticed of recent a consistent vibration & shaking including regular drop of water in the radiator reservoir of my 2003 Toyota highlander the moment I start the car. my electrician however checked the coil & the plugs but said all is well with the electrical system. my mechanic however said the 'indomie' in the exhaust is bad & will have to be worked on. He also said the gasket will have to be replaced & the valves will be checked incase any one is bad for replacement
pls advice me appropriately on the above issues before I give the mechanic go ahead
Re: Toyota Highlander 2003 Vibrating by diportivo: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2019
you need to scan your car first and foremost
Re: Toyota Highlander 2003 Vibrating by DECOtech(m): 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2019
Eazeee:
Hello car gurus, pls I noticed of recent a consistent vibration & shaking including regular drop of water in the radiator reservoir of my 2003 Toyota highlander the moment I start the car. my electrician however checked the coil & the plugs but said all is well with the electrical system. my mechanic however said the 'indomie' in the exhaust is bad & will have to be worked on. He also said the gasket will have to be replaced & the valves will be checked incase any one is bad for replacement
pls advice me appropriately on the above issues before I give the mechanic go ahead

There is absolutely no need to open up your car's engine yet.

So many things can lead to car vibration but this one you included coolant level drop in the equation, you would need a level headed technician to carefully troubleshoot the vehicle so that you don't end up having your cart before the horse.

If this car was in my workshop, I would first plug in a scanner to monitor the workings of the plugs coils and then the injector nozzles. In a case where all is fine with the above listed, I would beam my searchlight towards the coolant level drop issue and hope to find an external leak. I just hope the leak isn't internal cos that would mean a blown head gasket, allowing coolant to sip into 1 or 2 of the cylinders.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Engine / Wow Very Beautiful 3 Bedroom Terrace Duplex With BQ For N33M With Pics / Loud Thump Coasting Lexus RX350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.