Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? (1148 Views)

Kindly Share Your Experience About Travelling With Airmaroc / Guyz Check This And Drop Your Comment,is All About Travelling Abroad..... / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate About Travelling Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by melodyeye(f): 11:05am On Sep 02, 2010
Hi friends,
Being in the UK and wanting to travel in US, the worst part for me is the long flights from here to there.
What are the most unsatisfactory /depressing / disappointing thing about travelling for you? Would you like to share with me?
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 02, 2010
if traveling to a fantastic place then LEAVING that place would be the worst for me. in the contrary, to me, the anticipation of getting there would make the inbound flight a very pleasant one.
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by kadman(m): 11:30am On Sep 02, 2010
The currency exchange, especially when mine has the lower value.

Hotel bookings, hate going to countries where I have no family, and have to pay hotel fees, ARRRGHH, and these days they are always unrefundable.
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by sherrify: 2:19pm On Sep 02, 2010
to countries dat are used to black no doubt, flight phobia,hotel assling and trying to meet new people,but to countries with less blacks d most unsatisfactory thing for me is d way u are looked at being a black man,
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by OmoAlata(f): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2010
Ours was filling out all those embarkment/disembarkment cards lipsrsealed I had to fill out 7 cards each time lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by Bossman(m): 2:55am On Sep 05, 2010
Definitely the long flights. I just can't stand it. Unfortunately, we do not have much choice when going from the US to Europe or Nigeria. Most of the US to Europe is at least 8 hours. The west coast (California, Seattle, etc) is about 10 hours. Then another 6 hours or so to Lagos. Very stressful indeed!
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by agabaI23(m): 2:57am On Sep 05, 2010
I enjoy every flight as long as I do not have more than my hand luggage grin
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by halfcurrent(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2010
, if travelling from Nigeria, then the most unsatisfactory thing would be the check-in process at the mm2 airport, starting from ticket confirmation, stripping of bags & baggage for searching by all sorts of agencies, ndlea, custom, etc; the long queue to cross immigration, the long queue at security scanning, etc. Similarly, travelling back to Nigeria; the most unsatisfactory thing would be the long wait to collect baggage.
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by IrenesaK(f): 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2010
Well I always face this worst thing that while travelling is, the chore of getting through airport security only to have to endure long, cramped hours in cattle class.
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by iice(f): 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2010
Nothing really. . .i love travelling, so any discomfort is usually forgotten when i get to the place
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by omega25red(m): 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2010
for me leaving a vacation resort is the depressing part because you just know in less than a week you will be back to work also filling out those cutoms declaration cards are annoying when you dont have a pen lol
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by joxiri: 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2010
I cant believe no one has mentioned the most obvious unsatisfactory thing abt travelling
carrying a a green nigerian passport (assuming most people have them as its nairaland) the extensive scrutiny and questioning at every border control, the need to staple old passports on top of the new one so as to get some repsect from border control only nigerian passport holders have their old passports attached
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by Nancyskay(f): 2:12pm On Jan 12, 2011
In the present world, with the way airports are now, its too much of a hassle. I hate going to the airport and having to bend over backwards just to get on a plane. Its too much of an inconvenience. So I face unsatisfactory most of the time I travel.
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by omega25red(m): 10:11pm On Jan 12, 2011
being stuck in an airport because of layover or delays or standing on a long non moving airport line pisses me off all the time

speaking of non moving lines the worst so far was in antigua we got there like 12pm and at 4pm we were still at the airport trying to get to the immigration then the country was boring as sh@t
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by Fedrisia(f): 7:08am On Mar 15, 2011
I am not a big fan of air travel because I hate it. Especially the crowds, the delays, and the security you have to go through. Really make me pissing off.
Re: What's The Most Unsatisfactory Thing About Travelling? by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2011
Nothing unsatisfactory about travelling to me. I love air travel, and the anticipation of arriving in a new country is sweet. Long flights aren't an issue with me - the longer it takes, the more time I have to plan what to do upon arrival.

(1) (Reply)

Special Spouse Visa Enquiry / Shouting Can Get You Killed Abroad / My Recent Trip To Nigeria By An Internet Blogger: Stated Facts True/false

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.