Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos (26998 Views)

2023: Asiwaju Tinubu Visits Awujale, Tells Him About His Ambition / Sanusi's Wife Visits Him In Awe, Nasarawa. Ado Bayero Weeps As He Leaves Bichi / Femi Fani-Kayode Arrives Anambra With Wife, Visits Bar. Ejiofor (IPOB Lawyer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Tupacc: 7:39am On Mar 13, 2019
biafranation:
Ijebu Igbo was the first place Igbos arrived in Southwest when yorubas were still in Congo. It means "Ije bu Igbo" in Igbo and "Journey or Traveling is Igbo" in English! You see the same in places in SW like Igbo Ora and Ado-Etiti like you have Akwa-Etiti, which yorubass changed to Ado-Ekiti. Ado is a place in Anambra! Ora is a place in Anambra.

When you give a child too much akpu at infancy, it stunts the brain cells and makes the head flat like the back of Kia Picanto.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by DBossNG(m): 8:01am On Mar 13, 2019
biafranation:
Ijebu Igbo was the first place Igbos arrived in Southwest when yorubas were still in Congo. It means "Ije bu Igbo" in Igbo and "Journey or Traveling is Igbo" in English! You see the same in places in SW like Igbo Ora and Ado-Etiti like you have Akwa-Etiti, which yorubass changed to Ado-Ekiti. Ado is a place in Anambra! Ora is a place in Anambra.

Afonjas will start calling be crazy but they know I'm right. Yorubas, what is the meaning of Ijebu? Igbo Ora, Ado-Ekiti? I'm waiting!

You are definitely looking for mentions.... Tribal bigots everywhere on Nairaland.
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by DBossNG(m): 8:01am On Mar 13, 2019
Tupacc:

When you give a child too much akpu at infancy, it stunts the brain cells and makes the head flat like the back of Kia Picanto.

grin
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Jolite(m): 8:03am On Mar 13, 2019
E RIMAIN SATAN WEY YOU GO VISIT,BECOS NA IM GO ADVICE YOU SAY MAKE YOU NO PAY SALARY, NO DO ANY MININFUL PROJECT MAKE YOU STEAL DIA MONEY ONLY. IDIOTS
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by pgoks: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2019
teekay213:
The wife look like his mum

I get a beautiful sister that I can give him to marry

No be my fault I won be governo
r in law grin

That's not his wife. More like the deputy governor elect
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Smith06: 8:23am On Mar 13, 2019
grandstar:
These obas have got taste! I love that aso oke is wearing !
Oba Sikiru na jaiye jaiye man, when Sikiru Ayinde barrister was Alive he always attend most of his show or invite him to play...
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by grandstar(m): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2019
Smith06:

Oba Sikiru na jaiye jaiye man, when Sikiru Ayinde barrister was Alive he always attend most of his show or invite him to play...

Never knew. Thanks
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Smith06: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2019
grandstar:

Never knew. Thanks
he's kind of a underground politician, he stand against OBJ, he was the one that rescue Mike Adenuga from Obasanjo wrath, you can Google Mike Adenuga against Obj

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by vision2050: 8:37am On Mar 13, 2019
olumzzz:
This ajala traveller governor.
PS. FTC, Oga Seun send my money via bank transfer o. I don't do Western Union.
stop clampdown on him. This is time to show gratitude to those who support his ambition.
Amosun is still the Governor till May, 2019.
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by vision2050: 8:41am On Mar 13, 2019
biafranation:

Afonjas will start calling be crazy but they know I'm right. Yorubas, what is the meaning of Ijebu? Igbo Ora, Ado-Ekiti? I'm waiting!
madness at it peak. Awon developer now turns founder of every nation. Your attention seeking is dead on arrival.
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by grandstar(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2019
Smith06:
he's kind of a underground politician, he stand against OBJ, he was the one that rescue Mike Adenuga from Obasanjo wrath, you can Google Mike Adenuga against Obj

Okay. He must be in money!!!
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by dominique(f): 8:43am On Mar 13, 2019
That's not his wife
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by orion7: 8:43am On Mar 13, 2019
Zoharariel:
That, my friend, is the custodian of the NIMROD dynasty since our voyage from the 8th planet RIZQ in the 19th Galaxy ILLYUWN through the Planet Ship - Nibiru.

The Book of Genesis 10:9 describes my Ancestor as a mighty hunter. grin

Here in Ijebu - A o rayè rada-rada. grin
you actually believe in this ?

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by bkool7(m): 9:03am On Mar 13, 2019
olagbola45:

Oga mi sir reason me too nah

Help can come from your side biko

Let get to know we self abeg

Just hope I never abuse you b4 here o lol

I'm keeping my fingers crossed

You should do the same
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by SEGLIZ: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2019
biafranation:

when you're told not to but you refuse.
when you take oversized weed, you then top it with kainkain and the devil end breaking the bottle in your CPU. this is always the result.
enjoy your illutionary moment while it going to last you.
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 13, 2019
biafranation:

you yourself know say something they follow you small small, na so the thing they start, i pray say Agemo go sight you,at that time, that thing we they your head, them go help you remove it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by olagbola45(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2019
bkool7:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed
You should do the same
let talk private sir
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by NoFace101: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2019
biafranation:

cc ijebu warrior come and see dis one ooh
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 13, 2019
NoFace101:
cc ijebu warrior come and see dis one ooh

Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by NoFace101: 10:10am On Mar 13, 2019
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Jaideyone(m): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2019
biafranation:

Why is it that there are more "Igbo" named towns in Yorubaland over 30 or so, than any other region in Nigeria except Igboland? But you don't see any Yoruba named towns in Igboland or other regions except Yorubaland? The answer is simple: Places where you have lived before will always have traces of you; this is natural! If you went to California, you will see lots of Mexican named places and towns because it was formerly part of Mexico even though the racial demographics have changed. Same is with Igbo and Yorubaland. Do you know Oba of Lagos has more in common in tradition with Obas in Onitsha, Igbo towns and Igbo speaking Delta area? If I'm lying lets go the palace of the Oba of Lagos and see this for yourself, the tradition there is 90% Igbo.

Afonjas will start calling be crazy but they know I'm right. Yorubas, what is the meaning of Ijebu? Igbo Ora, Ado-Ekiti?I'm waiting!
lol you can try all you want but you are just a making a fool of yourself. ignoramus
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by marcolceno(m): 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
teekay213:
No be my fault I won be governor in law grin
That is not his wife. This is Dapo Abiodun's wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by dominique(f): 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2019
teekay213:

No be my fault I won be governor in law grin

Are you saying that you're ok with your sister wrecking another woman's marriage just because she's not attractive enough to be a governor's wife? Who did this to you Nigerians?
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by iswallker(m): 2:02pm On Mar 13, 2019
children of the poor graduate after prolonged strikes and delays and go and waste another one year doing NYSC.... undecided

rich children study abroad, graduate at 22, skip NYSC and become governors, reps, senators... undecided

there will never be peace without justice in this country... undecided
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2019
biafranation:

Why is it that there are more "Igbo" named towns in Yorubaland over 30 or so, than any other region in Nigeria except Igboland? But you don't see any Yoruba named towns in Igboland or other regions except Yorubaland? The answer is simple: Places where you have lived before will always have traces of you; this is natural! If you went to California, you will see lots of Mexican named places and towns because it was formerly part of Mexico even though the racial demographics have changed. Same is with Igbo and Yorubaland. Do you know Oba of Lagos has more in common in tradition with Obas in Onitsha, Igbo towns and Igbo speaking Delta area? If I'm lying lets go the palace of the Oba of Lagos and see this for yourself, the tradition there is 90% Igbo.

Afonjas will start calling be crazy but they know I'm right. Yorubas, what is the meaning of Ijebu? Igbo Ora, Ado-Ekiti?I'm waiting!
Some Amazing Facts About Ijebu

​ (Shared)​

1. Ijebus were the first to settle in Lagos and Ibadan.

2. Ijebus were the first people to have had contact with the Europeans in the 14th century.

3. Ijebus were the first to be educated through Western education.

4. Ijebu is the largest Ethnic group in Nigeria (wow!!!)

5. First people to manufacture gears of wars in the history of Nigeria.

6. First people to contend the slavery extortion in their region.

7. The first people to invent money made from cowry shells, later made Coins called "PANDORO", which became acceptable through Africa and Europe.

8. Ijebu is the only tribe in Nigeria that has its origin from the Biblical days.

9. According to the Biblical account; the Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe who inhabited and built Jerusalem prior to its conquest by King David.

10. Ijebu was the first indigenous CLERK to the European Missionaries.

11. The European observers found Ijebus more intelligent than other groups in Nigeria.

12. When Oduduwa was blind, an Ijebu King (fifth Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to restore his sight.

13. Ijebus are known as socialites, people if high integrity & handwork.

14. Ijebus were the one to raise agitation for emancipation from Colonialism.

15. Ijebu King (Orimolusi) was the second Oba appointed by the Colonial Masters for the London conference in 1957 to negotiate the Nigerian Independence.

16. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first individual in the modern era to be named Leader of the Yorubas (Asiwaju Omo Oodua)

17. The richest black woman in the world, Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija, is an Ijebu woman from Ikorodu, Lagos (waterside Ijebu).

18. Ijebu man was the first Nigerian to play in the English premier league in the early 60s.

19. Ijebus are famous with Egungun, Agemo, jigbo, Ileya festivals etc.

20. Mike Adenuga, an Ijebu man from Ijebu-Igbo, was the first Nigerian to single handedly own Oil, Mining and Telecommunication (GLO).

21. Ijebu man, late Haruna Ishola, was the first musician to perform outside the shores of Nigeria.

22. Ijebu men,Chief S. O. Shonibare & Chief Shakirudeen Olarewaju Kazeem (Shokas) were the first Nigerians to own private individual housing estates (called Shonibare estate in Lagos. And Shokas Estate/Bobagunwa Castle) of about 40 mansions in Ijebu-Igbo.

23. Ijebu man, late Chief Kuti (Abusi Odumare) from Ijebu-Igbo was the first Nigerian to be banned from building further houses in Lagos having owned about 100 storey buildings in Shomolu and Ebute Meta!

24. Also an Ijebu man, Chief Isamosta Ashiru from Ijebu-Igbo, was banned from building further houses in Ibadan having owned 99% of houses on Ososami street, Ibadan (left and right)!

25. Ijebu man, late Chief Abayomi Adeyemi also from Ijebu-Igbo, was the first Nigerian contractor to build about seven housing estates for Federal Govt. He has about 60 personal houses in Lagos alone!

26. Unbelievable, a man of Ijebu origin was enthroned as Olubadan of Ibadan land, Ijebu l'oko Ibadan

27. An Ijebu woman (a potter), Bilikisu Significant was traced to the Biblical Queen of Sheba as wife to King Pharaoh

28. Ijebu has a major farm settlement that generated hundreds of millions of naira through palm oil processing (Apoje Farm settlement in Ijebu-Igbo) for the government.

29. Ijebu has produced so many musical icons like Haruna Ishola (Ijebu-Igbo), Y.K. Ajadi (Ijebu-Igbo), Popular Jingo (Ijebu-Igbo), Batuli Alake (Ijebu-Igbo), Wasiu Ayinde Marshal, K1 (Ijebu-Ode), Adewale Ayuba (Ikenne), Musiliu Haruna Ishola (Ijebu-Igbo), Kolade Onanuga (Ijebu-Ode), Salawa Abeni (Ijebu-Ode), Wale Thomson (Ijebu-Igbo), etc.

30. The first black man to publish an indigenous Bible with dictionary and concordance was an Ijebu man (Rev. Dr. Basil Kayode Balogun ) from Ijebu-Igbo.

31. The Doyen of Theatre, Late Chief Hubert Adedeji Ogunde, was an Ijebu man from Ososa

32. Ijebu nation has more than 15 tertiary institutions which include OSU/OOU, TASUED, Babcock, Hallmark, South-West, Kinston (Universities), Grace, AAP, Gaposa, Oscotech, Pogil (Polytechnics), Tasce (Coll of Edu.), etc.

33. Do you know that Ijebu land (Ijagun) hosts the 1st university of education in Nigeria?

34. Do you know that Ijebu nation share one-third of entire Lagos state starting from Ikorodu to Ketu, Somolu, Palmgrove, Oshodi, Yaba, Epe, Ikeja, etc.

35. Do you know that the Itshekiris (Delta state of Nigeria) are Ijebus?

What a great Nation!

The Regional capital is Ijebu Ode!!

The Commercial capital is Sagamu!!!

The Spiritual capital is Ijeb

​​

u Igbo!!!!

Lastly, The Paramount

​​

ruler & Awujale of Ijebu land is the longest reigning traditional ruler in the history of Nigeria----57 years, 06 months ( still counting)?

DON'T YOU THINK, THE RIGHT TIME TO HAVE IJEBU STATE IS NOW

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by teekay213(m): 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
dominique:

Are you saying that you're ok with your sister wrecking another woman's marriage just because she's not attractive enough to be a governor's wife? Who did this to you Nigerians?
calm down. It was a joke
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Smith06: 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2019
grandstar:

Okay. He must be in money!!!
Boss I don't know his Asset but to me he's very rich
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2019
HsLBroker:
Some Amazing Facts About Ijebu

​ (Shared)​

1. Ijebus were the first to settle in Lagos and Ibadan.

2. Ijebus were the first people to have had contact with the Europeans in the 14th century.

3. Ijebus were the first to be educated through Western education.

4. Ijebu is the largest Ethnic group in Nigeria (wow!!!)

5. First people to manufacture gears of wars in the history of Nigeria.

6. First people to contend the slavery extortion in their region.

7. The first people to invent money made from cowry shells, later made Coins called "PANDORO", which became acceptable through Africa and Europe.

8. Ijebu is the only tribe in Nigeria that has its origin from the Biblical days.

9. According to the Biblical account; the Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe who inhabited and built Jerusalem prior to its conquest by King David.

10. Ijebu was the first indigenous CLERK to the European Missionaries.

11. The European observers found Ijebus more intelligent than other groups in Nigeria.

12. When Oduduwa was blind, an Ijebu King (fifth Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to restore his sight.

13. Ijebus are known as socialites, people if high integrity & handwork.

14. Ijebus were the one to raise agitation for emancipation from Colonialism.

15. Ijebu King (Orimolusi) was the second Oba appointed by the Colonial Masters for the London conference in 1957 to negotiate the Nigerian Independence.

16. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first individual in the modern era to be named Leader of the Yorubas (Asiwaju Omo Oodua)

17. The richest black woman in the world, Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija, is an Ijebu woman from Ikorodu, Lagos (waterside Ijebu).

18. Ijebu man was the first Nigerian to play in the English premier league in the early 60s.

19. Ijebus are famous with Egungun, Agemo, jigbo, Ileya festivals etc.

20. Mike Adenuga, an Ijebu man from Ijebu-Igbo, was the first Nigerian to single handedly own Oil, Mining and Telecommunication (GLO).

21. Ijebu man, late Haruna Ishola, was the first musician to perform outside the shores of Nigeria.

22. Ijebu men,Chief S. O. Shonibare & Chief Shakirudeen Olarewaju Kazeem (Shokas) were the first Nigerians to own private individual housing estates (called Shonibare estate in Lagos. And Shokas Estate/Bobagunwa Castle) of about 40 mansions in Ijebu-Igbo.

23. Ijebu man, late Chief Kuti (Abusi Odumare) from Ijebu-Igbo was the first Nigerian to be banned from building further houses in Lagos having owned about 100 storey buildings in Shomolu and Ebute Meta!

24. Also an Ijebu man, Chief Isamosta Ashiru from Ijebu-Igbo, was banned from building further houses in Ibadan having owned 99% of houses on Ososami street, Ibadan (left and right)!

25. Ijebu man, late Chief Abayomi Adeyemi also from Ijebu-Igbo, was the first Nigerian contractor to build about seven housing estates for Federal Govt. He has about 60 personal houses in Lagos alone!

26. Unbelievable, a man of Ijebu origin was enthroned as Olubadan of Ibadan land, Ijebu l'oko Ibadan

27. An Ijebu woman (a potter), Bilikisu Significant was traced to the Biblical Queen of Sheba as wife to King Pharaoh

28. Ijebu has a major farm settlement that generated hundreds of millions of naira through palm oil processing (Apoje Farm settlement in Ijebu-Igbo) for the government.

29. Ijebu has produced so many musical icons like Haruna Ishola (Ijebu-Igbo), Y.K. Ajadi (Ijebu-Igbo), Popular Jingo (Ijebu-Igbo), Batuli Alake (Ijebu-Igbo), Wasiu Ayinde Marshal, K1 (Ijebu-Ode), Adewale Ayuba (Ikenne), Musiliu Haruna Ishola (Ijebu-Igbo), Kolade Onanuga (Ijebu-Ode), Salawa Abeni (Ijebu-Ode), Wale Thomson (Ijebu-Igbo), etc.

30. The first black man to publish an indigenous Bible with dictionary and concordance was an Ijebu man (Rev. Dr. Basil Kayode Balogun ) from Ijebu-Igbo.

31. The Doyen of Theatre, Late Chief Hubert Adedeji Ogunde, was an Ijebu man from Ososa

32. Ijebu nation has more than 15 tertiary institutions which include OSU/OOU, TASUED, Babcock, Hallmark, South-West, Kinston (Universities), Grace, AAP, Gaposa, Oscotech, Pogil (Polytechnics), Tasce (Coll of Edu.), etc.

33. Do you know that Ijebu land (Ijagun) hosts the 1st university of education in Nigeria?

34. Do you know that Ijebu nation share one-third of entire Lagos state starting from Ikorodu to Ketu, Somolu, Palmgrove, Oshodi, Yaba, Epe, Ikeja, etc.

35. Do you know that the Itshekiris (Delta state of Nigeria) are Ijebus?

What a great Nation!

The Regional capital is Ijebu Ode!!

The Commercial capital is Sagamu!!!

The Spiritual capital is Ijeb

​​

u Igbo!!!!

Lastly, The Paramount

​​

ruler & Awujale of Ijebu land is the longest reigning traditional ruler in the history of Nigeria----57 years, 06 months ( still counting)?

DON'T YOU THINK, THE RIGHT TIME TO HAVE IJEBU STATE IS NOW
Re: Dapo Abiodun, His Wife Visits Awujale Of Ijebu Land For Blessing - Photos by mountmoriah(m): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2022

Check your brain, it's working on incomplete History or diluted one .

(1) (2) (Reply)

South East: Deployment Of Military May Lead To Nigeria’s Break Up – Ohanaeze / VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources / Fresh Bayelsa Election: INEC Rejects APC Request, Party Heads For Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.