Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months (642 Views)

Pius Adesanmi’s Family, Other Victims Of Boeing Plane Crashes To Get ₦52M Each / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months by ikorodureporta: 8:16am On Mar 13, 2019
Re: Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months by ikorodureporta: 8:19am On Mar 13, 2019
shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months by lazinny(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2019
Let me give you the reasons why airplanes don't have parachutes
1. Using parachutes requires special training, the average Joe won't be able to use one when thrust in that situation.
2. They are not paper light, so including hundreds of parachutes for everyone in a commercial plane will add significant weight.
3. Commercial Airplanes cruise at much higher altitudes than those jets skydivers use. At such altitudes the cabin is airtight and under immense pressure opening any hole in this case door will just suck everything out of the plane.
4. Humans will be humans, in a panic situation with only about 2 exit doors in the plane, there's no way passengers can orderly exit without causing chaos possibly stampede.

With these reasons above it's just not practical having parachutes in commercial planes.

2 Likes

Re: Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months by lazinny(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2019
Re: Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months by Soulsymbol99: 10:10am On Mar 13, 2019
ikorodureporta:
shocked

Real food for thought undecided
Re: Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months by ikorodureporta: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2019
lazinny:
1. Using parachutes requires special training, the average Joe won't be able to use one when thrust in that situation.
2. They are not paper light, so including hundreds of parachutes for everyone in a commercial plane will add significant weight.
3. Commercial Airplanes cruise at much higher altitudes than those jets skydivers use. At such altitudes the cabin is airtight and under immense pressure opening any hole in this case door will just suck everything out of the plane.
4. Humans will be humans, in a panic situation with only about 2 exit doors in the plane, there's no way passengers can orderly exit without causing chaos possibly stampede.

With these reasons above it's just not practical having parachutes in commercial planes.

U didn't get the question. The guy is referring to the plane not passengers

1 Like

Re: Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months by Lordkross(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2019
lazinny:
3. Commercial Airplanes cruise at much higher altitudes than those jets skydivers use. At such altitudes the cabin is airtight and under immense pressure opening any hole in this case door will just suck everything out byof the plane.

I thought his question was for the plane itself to have a sought of Parachute to reduce crash impact so we don't have broken pieces of the plane after it must have crashed.
Re: Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2019
I think parachutes for planes is a solid idea.

It might not carry the plane but it would slow it down greatly. There are many light weight but strong materials that can be used to implement this.

I hope this sees light one day
Re: Pilots Complained Of Boeing 737 Max Problem For Months by lazinny(m): 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2019
ikorodureporta:

U didn't get the question. The guy is referring to the plane not passengers
Oooh. Apologies, apparently didn't get his question. Well i guess the technology isn't available yet for such. Parachuting requires careful manoeuvring, how will the plane be crashing , on its belly, on its side, upside down!? the plane has to be crashing in a somewhat pre determined orientation for a parachute to be helpful. This is just a tip of the iceberg when you consider the technicalities that'll be involved.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Policemen / Air Peace Flight To Dubai, Has Anyone Used Them Yet? / Zenith Bank Enables Customers To Apply For Dubai Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.