Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Thirty Minutes With Bolaji Sparks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thirty Minutes With Bolaji Sparks (341 Views)

Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO / FUTA VC Fuwape Receives Oluwadunsin Bolaji, Tony Elumelu Foundation Award Winner / Bolaji Oluwadunsin: Nairalander Wins 2019 Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant Of $5000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thirty Minutes With Bolaji Sparks by wawugist: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2019
“Fashion is the most beautiful thing after nature” -BOLAJI OLUMOH

The name Bolaji sparks is linked to the famous fashion brand known as SPARKS CLASSIC GEAR. A lot of people have been wondering who Bolaji Sparks is and what he does , as we must have seen on the internet or from some labels or tags somewhere. Bolaji Olumoh is an entrepreneur and fashion mastermind behind the popular fashion and styling brand known as SPARKS CLASSIC GEAR. He is a completely Nigerian made but worldwide fashion brand. A lot of Nigerians, Africans and other fashion enthusiast have heard about the Sparks brand but do not really know about the brains behind it and it is my pleasure to reveal him to you and answer all your unasked questions.

Bolaji Sparks as we know him is actually Habib Bolaji Olumoh who is the CEO and brains behind the Sparks brand as we all know it. He began his early education in Ilorin, Kwara State but later moved to Lagos while he was still in primary school. He then attended Home Science Primary School to continue and complete his Primary Education. Then preceded to Ronik Comprehensive School for his secondary education, but due to some unseen circumstances, he relocated back to Ilorin and completed his Secondary education at Sapati International School Ilorin, Kwara State. He studied law at the Prestigious University of Ilorin and then went further to attend the Nigerian Law School, Abuja.

My team and I were opportune to have a conversation with Bolaji Sparks and we got to see what life was like for him as a young boy going into the Nigerian Fashion industry. Starting up with his fashion brand was not easy at the initial stages as he did not get all the support that he needed then. He had to sacrifice his time, his personal savings and allowances to make wears. He also had to deal with school timetable and his parents. When asked what his family’s reaction was when he told them he wanted to go into fashion, he has this to say “it was not a welcome idea in the beginning as they were glad I was a lawyer already but in the end, they are happy and very supportive”. A lot of growing Nigerian entrepreneurs seem to be facing similar challenges today but he encourages us not to lose sight where we want to be and what we want. He also established the fact that “God kept me going from day one, my hunger for global success and of course my amazing son Zaeem. He is such a big inspiration”. We can see the popular saying “winners don’t quit and quitters don’t win” being manifest his success story. Getting a bit more personal, he had this to say about what he does during his leisure time, “I watch movies, listen to music and I try to connect with my old and new friends”…. Yeah right, such a role model to so many youths!! Here’s the interesting twist to this amazing story, we asked Bolaji Sparks what he would be doing if not fashion and he said “ probably will be an actor or try to be a pilot” LOL!! Yeah I know right, it sounds really weird that he did not even mention anything pertaining law. But I guess what we study in school does not really determine where we end up in life or what we eventually end up doing later in life.

Talking about him being one of the leading Male Nigerian Fashion Designers today, he also spoke about some of the pros and cons of being a fashion designer in Nigeria today. According to him, his favorite part of being a fashion designer is “the freedom to be myself and be useful to other people, feels good when my work is being appreciated”. He also had this to say when he was asked about whom/what inspires his designs “GOD IS THE SOURCE”. He said some of the major challenges he has encountered so far are “clients who pay less and want premium jobs. Also the major problems business owners face in Nigeria; Electricity bills, high cost of rent, expensive materials, just to mention but a few’’. According to him, his major breakthrough was last year when he did “the SPADES AGBADA COLLECTION” and since then; things have been going pretty well. Although Bolaji sparks didn’t start with much, he has been able to build an Empire for himself.

I’m sure Unilorin students are wondering; hope he hasn’t forgotten us oohh? He hasn’t forgotten us at all. He said, “I miss Lagos boys hostel and my amazing lecturers” and he also has a word for Unilorin students and upcoming designers. To upcoming designers he said,” Be you. Be original” and to Unilorin students, “stay true to your dreams and do not lose focus. No short cuts to success. Be willing to put in a lot of hard work”. To know more about him or order you amazing wears, you can send a direct message on instagram: @bolajisparks or you could send an email to him @bolajisparks@gmail.com. Putting together this piece has been such an exciting experience for me because there is just so much gain from this amazing story. Be the best version of you and without a doubt the sky will be your starting point!!!

SOURCE https://wawugist.com/thirty-minutes-with-bolaji-sparks/

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Crime To Become A Successful Blogger Rather Than Failing Like Kunle? / Four Reasons Why Buhari Must Reject The Revised NHF Bill / Recharge And Get Paid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.