Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO (33403 Views)

Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO / Wigwe: Board Will announce acting CEO soon - Access Holdings / FCMB Names Yemisi Edun As Acting MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by BluntCrazeMan: 4:18am On Feb 13
BREAKING: ACCESS HOLDINGS NAMES BOLAJI AGBEDE AS ACTING CEO

Access Holdings Plc on Monday announced the appointment of Ms. Bolaji Agbede as the Acting Group Chief Executive Officer.

This follows the death of its former Group Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Herbert Wigwe.

Wigwe died in a helicopter crash alongside his wife, son, and a former chairman of the Nigeria Exchange Group, Abimboloa Ogunbanjo on Friday

A statement made by the company’s Board of Directors and dated February 12, 2024, stated that the appointment was subject to the approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“Further to its announcement dated February 11, 2024, the Board of Directors of Access Holdings Plc (‘the Company’) has today announced the appointment of Ms Bolaji Agbede as the Acting Group Chief Executive Officer of the Company following the unfortunate demise of its former Group Chief Executive Officer, Dr Herbert Wigwe, on February 9, 2024.

“The appointment is subject to the approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria,” the statement read in part.

Agbede who joined Access Bank in 2003 as an Assistant General, has nearly three decades of professional experience cutting across banking and business consultancy services.

She served in different roles at the bank including, Head, Group Human Resources between 2010 and 2022 before she was appointed the company’s founding Executive Director, Business Support in 2022, a role she held until her new appointment

She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Lagos and a Masters of Business Administration Degree from Cranfield University UK in 2002.

She is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Management UK and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria.

Source:
https://punchng.com/breaking-access-holdings-names-bolaji-agbede-as-acting-ceo/

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by burp18: 4:38am On Feb 13
speculations and premonitions

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by burp18: 4:49am On Feb 13
atiku4President:

Yorubanization of the Nigeria's banking sector continues
Your head is blocked with tribalism.

238 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by matify83: 4:56am On Feb 13
Bravo!!

Women are gradually taking pole positions in the banking sector of the country.

Coincidentally, she is also single. Is there something synonymous with career women and being single?

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Wawelexy(m): 5:09am On Feb 13
Hmmm! This is deep... We can't call this a mere coincidence... I really don't think American airlines who owns the chopper would compromise to assassination plot even if Mr Aig or anyone had contacted them, cos the reputation of their company would be at stake, well unless they contacted a saboteur...

That being said, I want to believe that the anonymous user who posted that on Facebook is the culprit or being sent by the main perpetrator to tarnish his image of Mr Aig in order to hide all traces and divert investigation process.

Congrats to the new acting CEO

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by BluntCrazeMan: 5:19am On Feb 13
matify83:
Bravo!!

Women are gradually taking pole positions in the banking sector of the country.

Coincidentally, she is also single. Is there something synonymous with career women and being single?

Ok Naa..

Dating her won't be easy.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Beuberry(f): 5:21am On Feb 13
BluntCrazeMan:

Meanwhile..
I stumbled upon something that is currently going viral on Facebook about the man HERBERT WIGWE’s demise...
Supposedly written on 30th October 2023..

I'm yet to ascertain whether the post was recently edited.

So, who is this “Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede” supposed to be??.
Lies from pit of hell.
Stop all these division!
Congratulations to Ms Agbede.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by iampeterben(m): 5:21am On Feb 13
Virtually all Nigerian top banks Chairs are headed by women, is like all the men working in banks has no integrity. The way this ladies are rising is alarming.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Badgers14: 5:21am On Feb 13
I wish everyone all the best.

I don't even know what to say again.. there have been conspiracy surrounding the death of Mr. Wigwe but again..

I don't know what to believe.. only God knows.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Oscarchims: 5:22am On Feb 13
Herbert wigwe's demise is dicey
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Alexis11: 5:22am On Feb 13
Hmm
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Gboyeee: 5:22am On Feb 13
atiku4President:

Dangote, Otedola,Elumelu….are working hard and also catching up as friends to gist. All from different tribes. You pressing keypad at home talking tribalism. Just Dey play.My brother work hard

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Creditalerts: 5:23am On Feb 13
Vanity cry

Just live right

Death is inevitable

Heavenly position is d best

7 Likes

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Impecca(m): 5:23am On Feb 13
Poor Curriculum vitae.

Politics did more for her than competence

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by correctyourself(m): 5:27am On Feb 13
If it were government political office, by now you would have been seeing people's father who called their selves politicians fighting, Not because they want to serve the people genuinely, but just to loot our money in collaboration with the civil servants, friends and family members through a deliberate elephant projects and inflated contracts, without due process.

That is why once you give them political- appointment, even without understanding the workload/resumption of duty of the new appointment you see the person already pulping Champaign/partying with family and friends, in other words what is actually on their mind is (It's our time to loot).

May God deliver this country from the hands of bad politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by ecolime(m): 5:29am On Feb 13
BluntCrazeMan:

Meanwhile..
I stumbled upon something that is currently going viral on Facebook about the man HERBERT WIGWE’s demise...

So, who is the “Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede” mentioned inside the post supposed to be??.
Delete this nonsense

Nlfpmod : This libel could put NL in trouble

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Alexis11: 5:29am On Feb 13
Impecca:
Poor Curriculum vitae.

She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Lagos and a Masters of Business Administration Degree from Cranfield University UK in 2002.

She is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Management UK and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria.

What kind of CV are you looking for?

You guys just like throwing the word competence around for anything that does not favour you. How do you know the young woman is not competent??

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by bjcole(m): 5:29am On Feb 13
Ok
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by kkins25(m): 5:30am On Feb 13
BluntCrazeMan:

Meanwhile..

So, who is the “Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede” mentioned inside the post supposed to be??.

Interesting...

2 Likes

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Praktikals(m): 5:31am On Feb 13
angry

1 Like

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Adamux: 5:31am On Feb 13
atiku4President:

Same Yorubas some people said are crying of hunger?

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Enemyofpeace: 5:32am On Feb 13
Impecca:
Poor Curriculum vitae.

bring out your own make we see.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Alexis11: 5:34am On Feb 13
Adamux:

Same Yorubas some people said are crying of hunger?

It will shock you to know that Yorubas are doing far better than most of those guys that have turned "epi npa wa" to their national anthem thinking they are mocking the Yorubas.

71 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Enemyofpeace: 5:34am On Feb 13
BluntCrazeMan:

Ok Naa..

Dating her won't be easy.
she no go even sweet for bed sef

2 Likes

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Adex097: 5:38am On Feb 13
Her CV though, hmmm. I hope cbn approves.
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by BitterTruth01: 5:38am On Feb 13
atiku4President:

Coincidentally , his personal aide who refused to fly in the chopper with his boss is also Yoruba

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria / Puzzle Book Mastery: Puzzle Making Software / How Do I Set Up A Rice Milling Plant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.