Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,984 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria (28528 Views)

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper / Buhari Justifies Pump Price Increments In His Independence Day Broadcast / FG To Reduce Petrol Price To ₦130 From ₦145 (2) (3) (4)

The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by obafemee80(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2019

AutoJosh wants you to see how the price of a litre of petrol has increased in the space of 50 years -from the military era to this present time - and why we should start thinking of other alternatives in order to reduce our dependence on the readily available but costly motor fuel.

During the Millitary Rule :
General Yakubu Gowon
From 6kb to 8.45kb

General Murtala Muhammad
From 8.45kb to 9kb

General Olusegun Obasanjo
From 9kb to 15.3kb

Shehu Shagari
From 15.3kb to 20kb

General Muhammadu Buhari's Millitary Rule
From 20kb to 20kb

General Babangida's Millitary Rule
From 20kb to 39.5kb to 42kb to 60kb to 70kb

Ernest Shonekan's Interim Government
From 70kb to ₦5

Sanni Abacha's Millitary Rule
From ₦5 to ₦3.25kb to ₦15 to ₦11

Abubakar's Millitary Rule
From ₦11 to ₦25 to ₦20

Democracy :

Olusegun Obasanjo's 8 years
From ₦20 to ₦30 to ₦22 to ₦26 to ₦42 to ₦50 to ₦65 to ₦75

Yar’Adua
From ₦75 to ₦65 (Price drops)

Goodluck Jonathan
₦65 to ₦141(1st Of January New year present)
Back to ₦97 (after labour strike)
Then ₦87 (with the 2015 Election approaching )

Muhammadu Buhari
From ₦87 to ₦145+ (Present price)

The federal government of Nigeria currently pays about ₦2.4 billion per day subsidising the fuel . It is believed that if the Federal Government should stop subsidizing the price of PMS today, the actual selling price of PMS would rise to ₦165 per litre.

What do you think?

https://autojosh.com/see-the-timeline-of-petrol-price-increments-in-nigerian/

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by FirstTImeUser: 10:42am On Mar 13, 2019
I hope they are not planning to increase it again

16 Likes

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by coolestchris(m): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
no worries, 1 litre will soon be 1000 naira...
Una go see next level..
abeg make I continue to fvck my charming cee cee

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Nigeria is a fraud! Built in a faulty foundation.. but God bless Ya’Adua...

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by Autoreportusa: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by Dozie32(m): 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Thank God that am becoming my real self.. I don stop to de feel myself
Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by DAntivirus: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Next Level!!! grin grin grin

I see it becoming N215

and later on, we will hear that the Government is spending N6.8billion on subsidy

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by helinues: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
2.8bn per day on subsidy.

I smell scams

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by Prodigytal: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2019

Get video ads for your business on Facebook and instagram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-rFpDQsLw
Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by Donald3d(m): 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2019
Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by NairaMedia: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
coolestchris:
Una go see next level..
abeg make I continue to Bleep my charming cee cee
It will affect you and family too na grin grin grin

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by joshuaidibia(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
Buhari been get sense before o. Why him come mumu like this now

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by LegitHustler: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
Na poor man de suffer am

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by Amuluonyenaego: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
subsidy na scam

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
So Buhari made the largest single jump and we still spend money on subsidy.

Next Level oshe!

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by davodyguy: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
Subsidy has to go
Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by davodyguy: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
FirstTImeUser:
I hope they are not planning to increase it again
So you support subsidy?

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2019
The Petroleum Resource is not the biggest in Nigeria, neither is it Cotton, Rubber, Silver, Limestone etc.

The greatest Resource in Nigeria is Nigerians.
The Values lying untapped in an Average Nigerian is greater than the Value of Precious Stones known to you.

It is Time to start mining the Precious in every Nigerian.
It is Time to start building the Human Infrastructure.
It is Time for an Upgrade in the Psychology & Perspective of an Average Nigerian.
It is Time for True Freedom & Everlasting Change.

#LetNigerianYouthsRise

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2019

The truth of the matter is that if Buhari wants to create jobs, and improve the economy, he has to remove subsidy completely.

Yes, we will pay N300 for fuel, and we would have to walk to work most of the time.

Yes, lots of people will suffer, and yes, transporters will increase prices, food prices will go up.

BUT

1.There would be increased investment in things like refineries, gas processing , PIPELINES....which means more JOBS.

2.There will be an end to SUBSIDY SCAMS permanently.

3.EVENTUALLY....PRICES WILL COME CRASHING DOWN

4.More importantly....GOVERNMENT SAVES MORE MONEY

5.And Nigeria keeps on prospering.

We cannot afford subsidy anymore. I'm sorry, but with oil at $60 when we need it at $140 per barrel....it is sensible we remove subsidy.

P.S...Anyone who quotes me to insult me will be reported to the mods. Thank you.

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by Ogbenisleem(m): 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2019
Na mumu you be,must you comment for Pete sake,na u nextlevel go hard for not Nigerian as a whole.cabron
coolestchris:
Una go see next level..
abeg make I continue to fvck my charming cee cee

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by iammo(m): 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2019
How much was the global price during these periods

Nigeria pays the lowest tax, lowest electricity tarrifs lowest rent, lowest petroleum price, lowest tuition and school fees all because of Nigerdelta" oyel " money yet we complain the most

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by blackpanda: 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2019
And they are blaming Buhari

Anuofia grin

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by lomprico(m): 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
What is subsidy? - idiotic, wicked, foolish, evil buhari!

2.5 billion cha?

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by CharlesJok3r: 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
We all miss Yar’Adua cry.

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Nigeria is a fraud! Built in a faulty foundation.. but God bless Ya’Adua...
or God punish him If he did not reverse the sale of 2 refineries to dangote . Today the refineries will be working. Dangote later went to build from scratch . Dead or not truth is bitter.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/how-yaradua-was-pressurised-to-revert-refineries-sold-to-dangote-obasanjo/amp/
Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
Not only should we deregulate this product we should tax it extra 50% ...that should raise enough money to fix our roads

How can we buy patrol this cheap ...less that half a dollar thats crazy
Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by Originalsly: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
They should stop subsidizing....but it will be like impossible....the oil barons will never allow anyone to stop the flow of subsidies into their pockets. They are the beneficiaries of the subsidies.

Re: The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria by brexit: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2019
THIS ONE IS THE BEST.IT HAS ELIMINATED HOARDING AND SCARCITY

Photo Of Governor Fashola When He Was A Kid / Obaseki Contracts New Aircraft For Aerial Survey Of Benin City (Photos) / Money From The North Used In Developing Western, Eastern Regions- Ango Abdullahi