Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

. "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas (735 Views)

Now That Yorubas Claim Lagos Belongs To Yorubas, The FG Should Do The Following / "Hope Obi supporters Believe Now That Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas" - MC Oluomo / Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas by aremuforlife(m): 10:58am On Mar 13, 2019
"LAGOS BELONGS TO YORUBAS

Ozodiobi Osuji

Igbos should stop irritating Yorubas by seeming to dispute who owns Lagos. Lagos belongs to Yorubas.
I have read that Edo kings once ruled Eko but that merely meant that an invading foreign army temporarily occupied a part of Yoruba land.
Lagos belongs to Yorubas. It does not belong to new comers who came to live there.
I was born at Lagos and grew up at Lagos, I mean inside real Lagos, in Isale Eko, near what was called Sandgross market, on Lewis Street. I am as Lagosian as they come. Indeed, I do not speak Igbo well.
Yet, I know that Lagos is not my home. My home is Owerri. I am from Owerri and that is all there is to it.
I live in the USA; I do not assume that the country belongs to me. It belongs to Indians (who came from Asia) and to the British and their African slaves who developed it. I am just a temporary sojourner in the USA; my folks did not build up the country.
I live at Anchorage, Alaska. Pause and examine those names. Anchorage is English; Alaska is Aleutian Eskimo (it means the great land). The two names symbolize that the English and native Alaskans own Alaska. Alaska does not belong to some god damned, economic refugees from Africa…folks fleeing from their continent that for some reason(s) they cannot govern well and always have to go to other people’s lands to go benefit from their good governance of their lands.
Igbos should stay in Alaigbo and transform one of its cities, say, their heartland, Owerri, to a world class metropolis; they do not always have to abandon their land and run to other people’s land to go benefit from its economic opportunities.
Igbos should stop the nonsense of making it seem like the ownership of Lagos is in question. Actually, if I am Yoruba and you are Igbo and dispute ownership of Lagos I would ask you to leave the freaking place, just as I would ask other Nigerians at Owerri who claim to own Owerri to leave the place.
The British voted to leave the EU, Brexit, largely to prevent Eastern Europeans from coming to live in their land (do the British want to go live in primitive Russia, Poland, Hungary, Ukraine and other Slavic lands?). England belongs to the English, not to the god dammed foreigners they allowed to come live with them; those foreigners now pretending that England belongs to them. Did their fathers fight and die for the glory of John Bull? If not how is England their land?
Leave Lagos to Yorubas and stop making them angry by claiming that just because they allowed you to come live with them that it belongs to you.
As Fela Kuti sang: Trouble de sleep iyanga de wakeam. Igbos should not go seeking trouble that eventually would bit them in the ass by claiming that what does not belong to them belongs to them.
Yorubas can organize and start killing Igbos and those not killed run back to Alaigbo. Live in peace with your hosts; do not annoy them with your infantile claims that what is theirs is yours.

Ozodiobi Osuji
March 3, 2019

2 Likes

Re: . "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas by oilPUSSY(f): 11:00am On Mar 13, 2019
You guys have started again with your very useless epistle ..

Re: . "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas by dagoldenboi001: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2019
Lagos is nothing without Easterners. So just sharp there.
Re: . "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2019
Lagos is a No man's land .

Lagos belongs to Igbos , Hausa and Yoruba .
Re: . "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas by izombie(m): 11:18am On Mar 13, 2019
Another thread to bash igbos. BTW lagos belongs to all nigerian just like abuja. Ibadan and akure belongs to the yoruba.
Re: . "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas by yungEX(m): 11:23am On Mar 13, 2019
Lmao. Nigerians are funny. Imagine going abroad and beign called an immigrant then coming back to your country you're still called an immigrant. To me no tribe owns anything . Nigerians own nigeria
Re: . "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas by limeta(f): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2019
I have read that Edo kings once ruled Eko but that merely meant that an invading foreign army temporarily occupied a part of Yoruba land

OP Call A spade a spade
Oduduwa did not falll from the sky with his wife and children he fell alone all by him self

That's to tell you there were people there before that
And they were not Yoruba people.
Re: . "Lagos Belongs To Yorubas by icebird25(m): 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
Yoruba sons are online telling Igbo' people to leave their land while father's are offline selling their lands to the Igbo businessmen

Confuse generation♨
����

(1) (Reply)

Amosun Ibikunle Amosun Desperation Destroyed Yewa/awori Opportunity. / Rivers Senator Indict Gov Wike Over Militarized Elections In Rivers State / "I Recorded Success Video So That When I Posted It On IG People Will Laugh"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.