Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) (59939 Views)

Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) / Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) / Man Rescued with Rope After His Car Plunge into Swamp at Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2019
chai! 35 yrs, hope he has something to come back too, ive seen many Nigerians spend decades in the us only to come back with nothing xcept their luggage, Nigeria of the 80s was much better than it is now, pops is in for shock if he returns.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by planetx: 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2019
Hedonisst:
Homeless and broke after 35 long years in the United States? Same country where sharp Naija boys make it one way or the other within a couple of months? What can it be other than village people determined to rubbish his destiny? Blocking his eyes, nose and ears to opportunities and numbing his body and soul from taking productive action. Condemning him to lethargy, lifelessness and terminal passivity. May God help him.

Village people would never succeed in making our lives one of failure and uselessness. Somebody shout a loud AMEN.
Making it in American after a few months indeed.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Mubarak05(m): 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
Unconquerable:
Believe me when I say the reason so many Nigerians abroad don’t want to return home is because they’ve lost the plot: they are poor, mentally broken because of all the years spent abroad with nothing to show and too ashamed to return empty-handed. Their families at home will keep discouraging them from returning; saying things are too difficult at home; yet they keep asking them for foreign currency to raise their own children and even build houses. I lived abroad for 13 years and I’ve seen so many of such.
Which country bro
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by thunderbabs: 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
35 years in America and homeless.

That's when your village people wouldn't back off still.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by ensamy(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2019
Frustrated in U.S but if he dares comes back in this NEXT LEVEL government hmmmm he will not last more than a month before his obituary will be announced. He better remain where he is cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Charly68: 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
God have mercy ...why staying in America when he can't afford a home..? Farmers are building houses and living well at this end now that Govt is promoting Agriculture .

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Mubarak05(m): 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
Unconquerable:
Believe me when I say the reason so many Nigerians abroad don’t want to return home is because they’ve lost the plot: they are poor, mentally broken because of all the years spent abroad with nothing to show and too ashamed to return empty-handed. Their families at home will keep discouraging them from returning; saying things are too difficult at home; yet they keep asking them for foreign currency to raise their own children and even build houses. I lived abroad for 13 years and I’ve seen so many of such.
which country bro

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by janejive(f): 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
I feel so sorry for him
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2019
Hedonisst:
Homeless and broke after 35 long years in the United States? Same country where sharp Naija boys make it one way or the other within a couple of months? What can it be other than village people determined to rubbish his destiny? Blocking his eyes, nose and ears to opportunities and numbing his body and soul from taking productive action. Condemning him to lethargy, lifelessness and terminal passivity. May God help him.

Village people would never succeed in making our lives one of failure and uselessness. Somebody shout a loud AMEN.

You are deluded.

5 Likes

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by IkpuMmadu: 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2019
Igbo helping themselves since 1844
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by LincolnLynn(m): 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
Zack orji's long lost brother is about to return home..
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
I'm happy for this intervention. I hope he would continue to receive the much needed help and support he needs to get back on his feet.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by ajl: 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
Just to educate you all about the US. Here healthcare is not free and its fully privatized though there is insurance but it is expensive without govt assistance and tax credit. If you have health issue here without insurance, you may be forked up for good. Healthcare bills is what get most Americans into bankruptcy. A 2hr visit to emergency is $8K and 3-day treatment at an hospital could be $15K. If it's a surgery, simply get the treatment, pack your bags and return to Nigeria, bill could be up to $80k. Someone i was discussing with some moments ago gave the last narrative.

Insurance company try as much as possible not to bear cost. Reason why countries like UK, Canada, Sweden, Norway and so many other countries are way better than US. But we get country too now. Do we always have to run elsewhere?

For those saying "35 yrs abroad with nothing to show"; without good health you will certainly lost your home, your job, and selfish family members.

4 Likes

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by rinzaugustine: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
frankblinkz:
"major problem nobody knows" got me thinking might be spiritual problem,who knows..I won't be too quick to judge on him not succeeding over there
Forget what you might have heard somewhere.The truth is that being poor here in America is by choice unlike in Nigeria
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by ajl: 9:51pm On Mar 13, 2019
rinzaugustine:
Forget what you might have heard somewhere.The truth is that being poor here in America is by choice unlike in Nigeria

So, its by choice to have health problem. Extremely naive and ignorant comment.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by rinzaugustine: 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
ajl:

So, its by choice to have health problem. Extremely naive and ignorant comment.
Yours is the naive comment.If he had bent down and worked all these 35 years he should have been on social security stage of his life now and Medicare would have taken care of that

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
ajl:
Just to educate you all about the US. Here healthcare is not free and its fully privatized though there is insurance but it is expensive without govt assistance and tax credit. If you have health issue here without insurance, you may be forked up for good. Healthcare bills is what get most Americans into bankruptcy. A 2hr visit to emergency is $8K and 3-day treatment at an hospital could be $15K. If it's a surgery, simply get the treatment, pack your bags and return to Nigeria, bill could be up to $80k. Someone i was discussing with some moments ago gave the last narrative.

Insurance company try as much as possible not to bear cost. Reason why countries like UK, Canada, Sweden, Norway and so many other countries are way better than US. But we get country too now. Do we always have to run elsewhere?

For those saying "35 yrs abroad with nothing to show"; without good health you will certainly lost your home, your job, and selfish family members.
Yes, it's crazy out here, Health insurance is like Gold dusts out here. I am still yet to understand what Obamacare is all about, I always Go back to the UK whenever i feel poorly for Free NHS Treatment as i don't have American Health insurance.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
rinzaugustine:
Yours is the naive comment.If he had bent down and worked all these 35 years he should have been on social security stage of his life now and Medicare would have taken care of that
I am sure he is still Allowed Welfare cheques Regardless.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Akalia(m): 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
gypsey:
I am sure he is still Allowed Welfare cheques Regardless.
ma nigga
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Akalia(m): 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2019
gypsey:
Yes, it's crazy out here, Health insurance is like Gold dusts out here. I am still yet to understand what Obamacare is all about, I always Go back to the UK whenever i feel poorly for Free NHS Treatment as i don't have American Health insurance.
ma nigga
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by gidgiddy: 10:30pm On Mar 13, 2019
He shouldnt come back to Nigeria. No matter how hopeless his situation is, he will the real hopelessness if he ventures to come back
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Ken4agent(m): 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
U still get flesh for chick....come back and see how miserable life can be in your own fatherland

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Babyvet: 12:01am On Mar 14, 2019
AnthonyAk:

nurses make good bank due to the almost unlimited amount of hours they get to work. Dosent mean no stress tho , but as they said its best to get ur degree

Abeg no dey spread false rumor, that why there is high turn over rate in nursing due to false perceptions. There are many jobs in America where you can make decent money without professional degree like correctional officer , plumber and electrician etc .
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Babyvet: 12:05am On Mar 14, 2019
ajl:

Great point , they did not mention his immigration status . That could also be a problem.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by AnthonyAk(m): 12:06am On Mar 14, 2019
Babyvet:

Abeg no dey spread false rumor, that why there is high turn over rate in nursing due to false perceptions. There are many jobs in America where you can make decent money without professional degree like correctional officer , plumber and electrician etc .

lol what? are you currently in US? Yes those jobs pay a decent wage but compared to any career job in a STEM degree there is no comparison.

Sides one dosent just become a plumber or electrician , people goto school for that before they are allowed to work. On top of that its takes almost as much education to be fully certified to make a really good wage.

I know alot of nurses in Canada btw and they all make bank , more experience more $$ but the work is stressful.

Before all this one , how much do you think is a good wage?
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Babyvet: 12:10am On Mar 14, 2019
AnthonyAk:

lol what? are you currently in US? Yes those jobs pay a decent wage but compared to any career job in a STEM degree there is no comparison.

Sides one dosent just become a plumber or electrician , people goto school for that before they are allowed to work. On top of that its takes almost as much education to be fully certified to make a really good wage.

I know alot of nurses in Canada btw and they all make bank , more experience more $$ but the work is stressful

I’m very much so in the us and work in the health care field ,so I know all about nursing and it’s wages. What is considered good money varies amongst people.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:21am On Mar 14, 2019
uuzba:

Have you ever been in a situation where you began to miss (long throat for) purewater sachet (the nylon O!), okada? Sand?

Pray it never happens to you.

People like you are the type who when they travel abroad, cannot live with those abroad. They still want to phone home every 2 seconds, and be speaking native language. They are unable to integrate with white man. They want to be overseas and back home at the same time. They must browse Nigerian website and social media and comment on every thread.

Pray it does not happen to you.

You know nothing about me so just shut up !!!
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by wowcatty: 12:48am On Mar 14, 2019
Igbos need to take this man back home in igboland, better than leaving him in America or anywhere

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by AnthonyAk(m): 2:12am On Mar 14, 2019
Babyvet:

I’m very much so in the us and work in the health care field ,so I know all about nursing and it’s wages. What is considered good money varies amongst people.

What city in the US are you?
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by maternal: 2:53am On Mar 14, 2019
AnthonyAk:

What city in the US are you?

She has never been to the U.S.

Everything she says about the U.S. or Canada is what she reads on Google. Hence why her knowledge or lack of it about north America and especially America is very juvenile.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 4:42am On Mar 14, 2019
BlackDBag:
Don't come ooo....

Better to come back now than later in a box in the cargo hold...

Good luck to him!
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) by Schwartz: 7:34am On Mar 14, 2019
Nobody should blame that man.You don't know his story. I have been to that same America and on the street, inside the underground subway trains most especially, you meet American citizens young and old come up to me to beg for 10 cents! See the America on TV is far different from the reality on ground.
In America i saw people hawk by the roadside in New York just like Nigeria. Its the small sales they sell that they can pay bills from. It ain't easy for everyone. Its not laziness, its just Life!!
First Pic: selling TShirts on a busy road
2nd: selling fruits by cutting and tying them in small pieces for sale.
I have video's of many American beggers I met. Citizens o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iranian Who Made Paris Airport Home For 18 Years Dies (picture) / My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US / Inside Lufasi Nature Park, Lekki-Epe Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.