Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace (26609 Views)

2023: Someone Who Claimed He Lost His Wealth Under Abacha Now Owns Planes – Obi / FG Procures Boeing 737-NG Flight Simulator / Kirikasamma Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
Ademidd:
I just tire for Nigerians. If they didn't respond, u guys will complain now that they've responded, u said its because of the rich...

Seriously I tiya for contri pipo.
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by trexzee: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

She Nigeria too wey no get any recognisable national carrier or basic standards dey follow better countries to ban boeing plane
...what a joke for a country
If they don't ban, it's you guys that will still complain

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by majamajic(m): 4:50pm On Mar 13, 2019
naija dey form ban !! hahaha
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 13, 2019
Sirpaul:
Good one.... lemme see how AirPeace will fly
Okay, you are more concerned with stopping air peace than protecting the lives of Nigerian passengers.
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Dearlord(m): 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
Lol, see Nigeria see ban
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by dbrown(m): 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
LordIsaac:
Quite a swift reaction since it concerns the rich. Wicked people!

So na rich people dey fly plane! Get sense b4 this month runs out!
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Segun87(m): 4:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
maximunimpact:
Nigerian govt bans Boeing 737 Max planes from country’s airspace – The Nigerian federal government has banned Boeing 737 Max airplanes from flying into Nigeria’s airspace following a fatal crash in Ethiopia over the weekend.

FINANCIAL WATCH gathered Hadi Sirika, minister of state, aviation, disclosed this to state house correspondents at the end of the federal executive council (FEC) meeting, presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Regarding Boeing 737 Max 8 and Max 9, that has been in the news recently, there is no cause for alarm as there is no operator in Nigeria that is using that type of airplane,” he said.

The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, whose mandate it is to issue advisory, has already issued advisory that nobody should fly into Nigeria or out of Nigeria using Boeing 737 Max 8 and Max 9, pending the determination of the actual cause of the crash in Ethiopia and also pending the outcome of the response of the manufacturer, which is Messers Boeing.

“Regardless of the enormous safety records of this plane 737, it has caused concern in the world of aviation and you know aviation is universal, whatever affects one affects the other because aircraft will be flying in and out. So, we have issued directive that no operator with Boeing 737 Max 8 or Max 9 should operate into and outside our airports and this is being carried out.”

The 157 persons on board the ill-fated aircraft were killed. Two Nigerians: Pius Adesanmi, a professor, and Abiodun Bashua, an ex-diplomat, lost their lives in the incident.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2019/03/13/breaking-nigerian-govt-bans-boeing-737-max-planes-from-countrys-airspace/

This country funny walai...... country dat can't even fly his own airline dey talk... abeeeggg make una park well and let better country say something good.
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by pgodson7(m): 4:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
Ur likes are irredeemable
BusinessHub1:

Mad man common sense should tell you that those planes none is own by the government. I’m responsible for my opinion. Everyone can’t be on the government side to praise their bad policies like you enjoy doing. Unam ikot like you.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Darevofpeace(m): 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2019
Olukologia24592:
Only God knows best... Stopping a particular brand doesn't mean another brand can't crash. What matters is that we should all prepare for the second coming of Christ. Live our lives like we would die that day
so while we await Jesus coming, we should all begin to die in a batch of 157 inside the I'll Fated aeroplane.Being religious is meant to improve our brain performance, not the other way round.Nigerian are the most religious but we are still far from simple an basic truth the "holy book" has given to us
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by SirHouloo(m): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
like there is a 1year old plane in Nigeria airspace. this plane was launch just a year ago, we don't use such here. it must have undergone years of tests like 10 to 15years before we purchase such.
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by nwaanambra1(m): 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
how comes no body is seeing the main reason for the ban.

THEY BAN BOEING MAX BC AIR PEACE ORDERED FOR 10 PIECES OF THE MODERN PLANE.

THEY JUST WANT TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO FRUSTRATE THE IGBO INVESTOR THAT OWNS AIR PEACE.

TELL ME - WILL THEY HAVE BAN THE PLANE IF DANGOTE OWNS EVEN ONE OF IT? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided

MANY WILL INSULT ME BUT I TELL YOU THIS IS FACT!

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Larryslim(m): 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
Lol, as if the planes are even flying in Nigeria's airspace before grin

Stupid country that can't boast of an airline, look at Ethopia, South Africa, Egypt, Kenya, Senegal and others, they all have flag carriers.
Smh for this disgraceful country that only boast about past glory!
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
So if dey disobey and enter your airspace wat will you do?
Do we even have the weaponry to shoot down an aircraft whether passenger aircraft or military aircraft?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by lordm(m): 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
LordIsaac:
Quite a swift reaction since it concerns the rich. Wicked people!
did any one stop you from being rich. Think like a human being, safety first
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by afoltundeseen(f): 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
R2bees:
See Nigeria forming with ban... Abeg make we hear word.. NIGERIA as a country deserve a ban sef.

BTW What will be will be...
you dey mind them.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by WinkWrld: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
Fly MAX8 to America no visa. Space nor go dey the plane sef
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by BusinessHub1: 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2019
pgodson7:
Ur likes are irredeemable

Funny enough I should be one to say this. You are so useless beyond redemption. Fool
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by noisy45(m): 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2019
Air peace it's change your order for 9 max
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Larryslim(m): 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2019
Lol, as if the planes are even flying in Nigeria's airspace before 

Stupid country that can't boast of an airline, look at Ethopia, South Africa, Egypt, Kenya, Senegal and others, they all have flag carriers.
Smh for this disgraceful country that only boast about past glory!
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by noisy45(m): 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2019
nwaanambra1:
how comes no body is seeing the main reason for the ban.

THEY BAN BOEING MAX BC AIR PEACE ORDERED FOR 10 PIECES OF THE MODERN PLANE.

THEY JUST WANT TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO FRUSTRATE THE IGBO INVESTOR THAT OWNS AIR PEACE.

TELL ME - WILL THEY HAVE BAN THE PLANE IF DANGOTE OWNS EVEN ONE OF IT? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided

MANY WILL INSULT ME BUT I TELL YOU THIS IS FACT!

Young man air peace can buy other variants of Boeing outside max 8 and 9 forget this shit you wrote above you made no sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by nwaanambra1(m): 5:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
noisy45:

[s]Young man air peace can buy other variants of Boeing outside max 8 and 9 forget this shit you wrote above you made no sense[/s]

young man airpeace has already made his orders and its irreversible!

once u pay u cant get a refund - you must take delivery of what you ordered for!
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Treasure17(m): 5:18pm On Mar 13, 2019
R2bees:
See Nigeria forming with ban... Abeg make we hear word.. NIGERIA as a country deserve a ban sef.

BTW What will be will be...
Lol. Nigeria deserve a ban? You wicked fah

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by noisy45(m): 5:21pm On Mar 13, 2019
nwaanambra1:

young man airpeace has already made his orders and its irreversible!

once u pay u cant get a refund - you must take delivery of what you ordered for!

How well do you know that air peace has paid for the planes
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by nwaanambra1(m): 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
noisy45:

How well do you know that air peace has paid for the planes

100% sir.

and no refund. i dont know if the order can be downgraded to older versions
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by planetx: 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2019
Xisnin:
There is no Boeing 737 Max in Nigeria, so the ban is mute.
Banned from the airspace, meaning a foreign airline cannot fly it into Nigeria.
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by noisy45(m): 5:30pm On Mar 13, 2019
nwaanambra1:

100% sir.

and no refund. i dont know if the order can be downgraded to older versions

So far the 737 max don chop ban air peace dares not buy it it will be downgraded to other variants
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by slowbreeze(f): 5:30pm On Mar 13, 2019
Na wa for some Nigerians on this NL.When airpeace was trying to trivialize the matter & say they won't cancel their order;people said they don't care about people's lives.Now our authorities have done the needful in joining other world powers like the European Union countries;China; Australia and Ethiopia to ground the airline;people just they yarn dust.Someone said it's cos it's rich men wahala..Like wtf.!! That is the most poverty mentality statement I've heard..U don't travel by air and u never in ur life hope to grow to the point of travelling by air..Besides airlines do crash on people's houses u know? It happened in Nigeria some years back oo.
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Freegameswinbet: 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Naija kiss I love my country
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by olagbola45(m): 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2019
Glorylynn:
[/color][color=#006600][color=#990000][/color]Awon idiot,they can’t even afford one o
Stupid set of people,I don’t even know how they reason,is the Boeing max not better than all the 1892 model aircraft we use here in Nigeria that sounds like thunder,foolish set of hypocrites!

yes it better dat y it killing. up and down
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Lawalemi(m): 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2019
We sef dey ban undecided
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Bans Boeing 737 Max Planes From Country’s Airspace by Chuksgeo: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
This headline is misleading. "The correct Headline should be FG bans airlines flying Boeing 737 Max 8 &9 from using Nigerian airports". The word airspace is very much hard to prevent airlines from passing over Nigerian airspace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine / APC Amasses N22bn Old Notes For Secret Swap With New Notes For Vote-Buying - PDP / Military government is better than civilian government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.